PC - Angry Bird Season propose to me every time to update!
  • I have update my Angry Bird Season to 3.3.0 used the download here:
    http://cloud.rovio.com/install/pc/download/AngryBirdsSeasons/

Every time i start Angry Bird Season now after some second appears a popup say to me an update it's present................

How i can fix this ?? or how i can disable the autocheck ?

I have try to edit the updater.ini file.... contain this link:
    http://cloud.rovio.com/install/pc/update/AngryBirdsSeasonsFull

Please help me.......
  • 18 Comments
  • I have edited my updater.ini to this:
    [CODE]
    [General]
    URL=http://cloud.rovio.com/install/pc/download/AngryBirdsSeasons/
    AppDir={..removed by mod..}
    CheckFrequency=2
    CompanyName=Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
    ApplicationName=Angry Birds Seasons
    ID={..removed by mod..}
    ApplicationVersion=3.3.0
    DefaultCommandLine=/checknow
    DownloadsFolder={..removed by mod..}
    [/CODE]

No more updates has been reported when i try to start games but i don't thinks it's correct.......... i thinks in this mode no more future updates it's been reported to me....
  • First, I have edited your comment to remove the more sensitive material.

Second, if you edit your .ini file like that, all you've done is switch the URL to something that doesn't work anymore.

I can confirm that my app does the same thing. Unfortunately, I'm not able to edit (or, I can't save after I edit). However, what stands out to me is "DefaultCommandLine=/checknow". I would try removing that line completely.
  • Hrm, I've done a little more digging. Your solution may actually be better. You see, the issue with "SeasonsFull" is that it still thinks the current version is 3.2.0. When checking for updates, the only logic that is used is "not-equal-to". Since 3.2.0 does not equal 3.3.0, it thinks there's an update.

While I think yours will work sufficiently, I can't guarantee that it will work in future updates. Removing /checknow should at least prevent you from being prompted every single time you open, and revert back to CheckFrequency=2.
  • I did a little more radical thing. I removed the updater.exe and updater.ini files from the game's folder and saved them elsewhere for future need. I don't think it's a brilliant solution, but I'm not bothered with the update prompt anymore.
  • How do I get to my update.ini file to edit ? I can find no reference, pathway or any form of access to it to it in any of my ABS files (which are backed up!). Do I need a file editor? if so which one? Thanks
  • @AMslimfordy Lol, I am subscribed, so I don't need their updater anyway :D

@DG47 Once you located your ini file, you'll need notepad or the likes of it. However, remember to run the notepad as administrator in order to be able to save changes in the ini file. Hope that helps.
  • The files are located in your "Program Files" folder under your harddrive. ----------
    Once you located your ini file, you'll need notepad or the likes of it. However, remember to run the notepad as administrator in order to be able to save changes in the ini file. Hope that helps. ------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Thanks, guys!
  • If anyone's interested, I wrote Rovio about this problem and this was their reply:

Rovio Support Team, Jun 13 06:01 (EDT):
    Hello there,

And thanks for contacting us!

Unfortunately the newest Seasons update (3.3.0) contains a slight error with the automatic updating system. Even though you might have the latest update installed, the game still prompts to update to a newer version.

The newest version of Angry Birds Seasons for PC is currently 3.3.0. You can check the version you have by opening the game, pressing the (x) icon to close the update notification and entering the settings menu by clicking the settings cogwheel. From there, enter the credits by pressing the (i) icon. The current version number is shown under the game’s main title.

If you have version 3.3.0, you can disregard the update notification and cancel it when you start the game. This will allow you to continue on playing normally.

If you do not have the version 3.3.0, please download the latest version installer from http://cloud.rovio.com/install/pc/download/AngryBirdsSeasons/ and use the installer to update/reinstall the game.

If the update prompt keeps showing up, just press the (x) button to cancel it out and continue on playing the game.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. We are working hard to get this issue sorted out as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

Joonas
    Rovio Support Team
  • @BullFrog I don't see any new information in your post beyond what has already been said.
  • Thanks for removing sensitive material.... but you have remove my username folder :)
    It's not a big problems :)

Otherwise before to modify i have backup the original updater.ini....... I do not think we'll see a recent 3.4.0 :)
  • The filepath included your real name, so I thought it'd be good to get rid of.
    May see a 3.3.1 pretty soon though.
  • {..removed by admin..}
  • @AMslimfordy, please correct me if I'm mistaken;

1- This is a Forum
    2- Forum's are for discussions and suggestions
    3- Hence the reason I posted the official reply I rec'd from Rovio just in case you missed something. Thank you for your politeness.
  • @BullFrong Repeating no new material is not a discussion. And your question about Cloud City is not relevant here.
  • @AMslimfordy:
    Lol.. my realname ?
    But my username on XP it's "UTENTE" :)

Otherwise thanks... i happy i have post a usefull thread.. it's been linked to main article :)
  • @AMslimfordy I have tried removing the line "DefaultCommandLine=/checknow" completely; however, it brings no change :(

Removing the updater.exe and updater.ini files (as LaBlanche did und suggested) hasn't also worked for me :(
  • I thinks this problems has been fixed by ROVIO... look at original line:
    http://cloud.rovio.com/install/pc/update/AngryBirdsSeasonsFull
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!