Total destruction on SG-16 with the Mighty Eagle is Possible (screenshots) Page 2
  • 275 Comments
  • I got 100% using Andreas 189's technique and subsequent suggestions! It only took about 1,000 tries, but it is a magical feeling!

*Update*

It IS most certainly possible

http://postimage.org/image/1qvwz1hno/

http://postimage.org/image/1qwa7c9lw/
  • Friends,

I finally got it! I used Andreas's method over and over again, but in the end Big Brother didn't have much to do with it.

The white bird took out some of the snow blocks on the left side, á la Andreas, then I angled Big Brother up high (to give the ME more time before Big Brother disappears). This one magical time, ME came in at a higher angle, and took the entire right side by itself, while the white bird and Big Brother had cleared most of the left side. There were two snow blocks left, and it gave me total destruction.

I'll probably never be able to do this again, so I won't even try.
  • This stage is sending me squawwwkkkkyyy!!!

24 hours on and I give up!!! The stage is nuts with 99% being my best :(

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=314467614927&topic=34523
  • i play 3 days on SG 1-16 , but still can't get 100%.
    Got any working strategies? i dun understand the explanation upside enough. Please state in simple way. Much Appreciated.
  • @iMaxx
    I thought KThomp2847 did quite a nice simple explanation of the method that our SG-16 TD grand master Andreas189 outlined. My attempt....
    1) Fire white bird to more or less hit the snow block with the aerial mast
    2) Quickly fire big red (low trajectory) to land just beyond the lowest wooden platform but the millisecond big red is in flight activate ME and toss the sardine can ASAP following the dotted flight trace of big red. I think a little pile of the 2 birds and sardine can may well help.
    3) Repeat a gazillion times and pray and repeat and pray and repeat.

Scores of 88% to 97% are fairly common but there may also be much lower scores. So random.
    From my experience 3 blocks remaining gave me 98%, 2 snow blocks 99% and 0 blocks 100%
    but I think 1 or 2 blocks can give 100% as unseen off screen debris plays a part too. Needs to be fixed basically...
  • The most high mark is only 99% with 2 wood 1 snow.
    My strategy is :
    1) Launch the white bird and drop the egg at first aerial mast to clear the snow as much as possible.
    2) Quickly launch big brother with high angle , dun look at it. Come back launch the sardine can with low angle.
  • @iMaxx
    I have not been dropping the egg bomb just so the White bird (may) hang around for when the ME arrives. I think having big red and fat white around helps. Not sure dropping the egg bomb would help too much.
    I think it is fair to say that using Andeas189's method just gives people a 1 in 500 or 1000 chance of get a 100% clearance. I know I could probably get around 97% daily but above that it is really down to luck.
    Have to say though that this level has never, ever annoyed me, even when it only gave me 99% with two snow blocks left, I just respected its stubborness :-)
    So I hope when they fix it they don't make it TOO easy. Making 95% or 96% the new 100% would keep it challenging without being nigh on impossible.
  • @Habanero
    Drop or didn't drop the egg i also got try. They din different too much on it.
    The only things i can do is keep trying on it =)
  • Using Andreas189 and Habanero's advice, I have obtained many 97%, two 98%, and one 99% in three days of playing...but no 100%. Since Andreas got 100% twice, there must be minute details that make the 100% more likely. My experience has been, every hour or so, I get Big Red to shoot left and roll back right across the bottom, but that usually leaves three or four snow blocks floating on the next-to-lowest level, as Big Red rolls right under them. Most often it's the snow blocks on the right that are left over, because I usually pile the white bird and Big Red on the mid-left side before shooting the sardine can at them.

My question: Where exactly do you feel is the IDEAL location for the "stack," as I'll call it, the placement of Big Red and the sardine can pile, sometimes with the white bird, when the Eagle finally swoops in? If you could try to specify the exact block location (ex. how many blocks to the right and up/down of the left flag-topped snow block) where you try to get the Big Red/sardine can stack to be positioned? My theory is that my stack is usually too far to the left, so that when the Eagle swoops in and swoops back up at an angle, he's missing the right-most snow blocks...so even if I get lucky and Big Red does shoot left and roll back to the right, he rolls under several floating snow blocks on the right side that I'm not doing a good job of destroying.

Thanks for the help! I'm putting in the time, but luck doesn't seem to be enough here.
  • 100% SG 1-16.. After spending a few hours on SG 1-16 last thursday and getting 1 98%, I put it down to work my way through Moon Festival. Finished it all (biggest hangup ME on 2-6) and went back to SG 1-16 this evening and got 100% after about a dozen tries. Two snow blocks left on screen.
    I found that another way to have big brother and tuna can meet with each other is to launch BB
    in a high arc... landing in a similar spot as @andreas189 method, but allowing for slower fingers
    to get the tuna can in the air and meet BB before he poofs. The TC actually goes under BB, at similar angle as @andreas189 method I think...
    Getting the timing right is really difficult. The TC has to end up just to the right of BB, touching him, ground level, and even in that position it still might not work.. lots of 93-96% a couple 97s.. 1 98 and then.... I finally just got lucky.
    Good luck!
  • @cwheels

I went to the same technique a few days ago with lofting BB on a high arc and throwing the tc both under and over the flight path of descending BB. I like under better.

Anyway, i took a break and did the whole mooncake level 3 stars, all feathers, all cake completed. All done. It was the same level that you talked about, 2-6, that made me throw BB in the air on a high arc. I needed more time for the ME.

And then thought, you should do this on 1-16. It's worked very well on getting all the heads in position without BB vanishing. Much higher percentage of BB rolling back into the playing field.

1000's of launches. No feather. This has nothing, at this point, to do with skill. I daresay we could all aim any bird to micro micromillemeters. At this point, it's all pure luck. And I'm tired of 98%, 99%, and so on.

Lofting BB is for me the way to go. But I walked away from this level before and gave Rovio a thumbs down on seasons as a result. It was that level 2-6 that brought me back.

If someone legitimately gets every star and every other feather imaginable in this game, and the original angry birds and all of the released rio, I'm sorry, a week of intense effort should result in a 1-16 feather. That would be valid.

So unless something else earthshattering comes up, 1-16 is not going to be solved by me. I'm not happy with all the wasted time with no result, but this is ridiculous. AB was a fun and challenging diversion to dull times of the day, but this 1-16? Forget it. Not valid for any measure of skill. Just plain stupid luck.
  • OH MY GOSH...SG 1-16 has controlled my life for weeks and I'm so close to a nervous breakdown. I have every star and feather on all versions and levels but this is impossible. Even with 1 cracked piece of wood and 1 ice block left it only give me 96%...REALLY? Thousands of birds being flung across my screen at least deserves an 'A' for effort!...scream + loud cursing + scream + cry + scream=medication!
  • Just spent the whole weekend working on SG-16...an estimated 10,000 tries total...Only got 99%. Now, I've been as patient as I can with the "stubbornness" of this level, but now it's just infuriating. I've finally had to admit that this is just a poor programming problem that should already have been fixed. I know every inch of this level, I've tried everyone else's strategy and dozens of my own over and over, and it's just stupid now. Congrats to those who have hit the lottery on this one. Now Rovio, please fix your mistake! I cannot believe that Rovio would want luck to play this big a factor. I had only one snow block remaining this morning and still only had 99%. Enough is enough.
  • Will SG-16 be the second ever AB level to be fixed by Rovio when it is sorted out in the next update? The only other level I can think of was the 3 starring of AB Free Level IV-2 ?

I'm not thinking of the exploding Santa's hat glitches, I am thinking of Rovio making the level nigh on impossible...
  • Sorry, I just dont believe any of you got 100%. As it is impossible. Period. it's not the first time this has happenend and just because you want us to laugh with you tonight does not do much for me.
    The quick manipulated pictures will just make Rovio not fix this glitch/bug.
  • @JackMeUp
    I believe that there sure will have someone can get 100% with luck. Because i also having 99%.
  • I think everyone here should take a step back and relax. Rovio will (read: better) fix it eventually. I think we've all come to the conclusion that luck outweighs the skill required for this feather. I myself hit 98 and 97% a few times. So take a break, go play Mooncake Festival, and wait for an update.
  • And what do the people do who have all three Angry Birds Games with *everything* solved except this one achievement? There is nothing more to do.
  • Yeah, I'm in the same boat, actually. I'm a giant achievement whore, even I know when enough is enough. Sure, I'm gonna keep trying every day, but I'm not gonna get myself worked up over something that is nigh impossible.
  • @JackMeUp While you are entitled to your opinion, I disagree. While I don't know some of the users who have reported obtaining this feather, I 100% trust @Habanero. He is a long-established, honest, elite player and a great member of ABN. If he says he got the feather, then he got the feather.
  • @jackMeUp -- I second slim's opinion -- @Habanero is absolutely legitimate, and if he says he got the feather, then I guarantee you he got the feather. Period.

So what else is there to do? Have you beaten all average scores as listed on the leaderboards across all games? If so, have you come within 10K points of the top score for every single level across all games? Beating all average scores kept me busy for quite a while, and coming withing 10K will take me forever and a day.

So there is that to do. Perhaps you could put AB down and go read a book / watch tv/ go run a marathon? When SG-16 gets too tedious for me, I go do something else. For what it is worth, SG-16 is the last achievement I have left, too. I've only gotten 98%, but that is with several pieces laying around (I think 5 or six items were left). I will continue banging away until I hit the luck lottery or until they fix the level, whichever comes first. I'm definitely not going to lose any sleep over it.
  • @jackmeup
    I do believe those that have been outrageously fortunate enough to get 100% without a week of solid effort. I'm sure they did 1000's of launches in those days of effort. But for whatever reason the Luck Gods shined on them early.

Andreas method is the key and I do believe he and others did it. Apparently twice for Andreas. But as Phantom said, luck outweighs skill. Other levels at some point have luck, but skill has always had more the edge. If you didn't have the skill to use your birds in the order given to you effectively and accurately, you would never have gotten to the point of achievement where a touch of luck finishes it off.

There IS a shot that will beat this level. And probably more than one. It sounds like one guy did it without BB. I always wondered about that. But it seems the prevailing technique remains Andrea's, with BB rolling back into the field of play.

I do believe it can be done. I just can't do it. I don't have the luck. I've had three 99%. The last one, last night, was when I said enough is enough. And that shot was a strange one. Heads THREE LEVELS UP. ME came down, with such a high flightpath, and took out the complete right side. The BB was still pinched back, bouncing off the launch platform, and took out the floor debris. I had one snow block towards the lefthand side untouched since the ME came in so high. And one beat up piece of glass that hit the floor after BB rolled through. 99%.

For those continuing, if you have not tried lofting the BB on a high arc, I highly recommend it. It still results in The Andreas Method of the BB bouncing off the platform. But the BB rarely expires before the ME rolls in. It survives 96% of the time. You want the sardine can just to the right of the BB. Touching but to the right. Preferably one level up with the sardine can. But still touching BB. Think about the geometry of how this pinches BB back. And raises the flight path of the ME to take out the right side.

You can throw the sardine above or below the descending BB on it's high arc. Both work fine. Time it so the sardine passes just above/below the descending BB while the BB still airborne. You will be amazed at how things fall into place after the BB bounces. With the sardine can ending up perfect.

This results in a much higher percentage of Andreas technique allowing to work. Much more percentage off BB rolling back into play.

From there, with everything appearing perfectly placed, it's all luck. How guys have been lucky enough to take out the right side by doing Andreas method is beyond me. I'm tired of having the BB roll back into play taking out everything on the ground, only to have four snowblocks on the right remain. I've never been able to figure that one out. Raising the flight path of the ME then leaves out the left side. So go figure.

Do try arcing The BB. It's a lot more fun, too. You get some crazy ricochets of the BB and hen head. Pretty comical. You just have to pray that the Luck Gods align themselves to finish the job. But it won't be me trying anymore.

Too much luck involved. But I do believe it can be done with that wheelbarrel full of luck!
  • @AMslimfordy and ChaosTsar - Thank you both for your comments, votes of confidence - I expect if I play SG-16 in 20 minute time-slots that the majority of scores in that time will be about 88% to 97%. So far I only have 4 or 5 scores above that ... one was 99% and one was, sorry JackMeUp, 100%.

@elcapitan - I like your adaptation with the high arced red... it does give you a better chance of
    getting both birds and the SC all hanging around.
    Ref being unable to take out the right hand snow... yes, it remains far more often than not but
    I have had quite a few clearances with only ground level stuff remaining, including one yesterday that was a potential 100% as big brother rolled across again from left to right but left about 3 or
    4 bits of ground level glass. Gave me 97% but that is how TD can happen ... so yes, above 97% needs luck to smile on you.
  • @Andreas189, I'm ready to fedex my phone to you to clear this frustration out of my life!!!
  • @Habanero I would like to see a video of this achievement, then. Funny how there are several videos on ABN how to do levels with the ME, but for some reason there is no video for 1-16.
    Weird
  • @JackMeUp : That's because the user who creates the videos has been unable to do it himself. And most users here do not jailbreak their iOS devices -- nor would we expect them to -- simply to record video.
  • Just saying...
    If it's so easy that someone did it more than once, there should be videos on youtube.
    People even upload their "3 stars" for a level which is not really difficult.
  • @jackmeup i for myself cant record a video of the total destruction, cause if you read my comments i tried every screen recorder from cydia but none worked on my ipod! i could send you two different pictures of the feather filling up to 100% cause i improved my score between the two destructions!! why whould anybody fake a picture?!?! it still is not more than a game!!!
  • No, *thats* the definition of a downright stupid setting of for a stage. Wanna do the math how many people out of all buyers of Angry Birds got that one?

Ask any developer if that percentage is still "the definition" of difficult or if it rather leans toward impossible just a little bit.

While we are at it, it is also "possible" to beat the number one in the highscorelist of gamecenter. Currently at a modest 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 points.

This is also the hardest player to beat but it must be possible, right? But I guess that is also just difficult to do.

In closing, if they are actually changing the threshold now, how did they find out that the setting is impossible? Just by the many forums like this one? You'd think they could employ some testers. By our little comparison, if they had 10 testers, about 0.00000001 tester would have gotten that feather. Should have tipped them of, dont cha think?
  • Did it! 100% feather on SG 16! Pretty much what Andreas189 outlined. Definitely must have BB roll across so it is critical that ME land just to the right of BB and be slightly touching. Even then, luck is a huge, huge factor on this. When I only saw 2 small pieces of wood left I couldn't breathe until the feather came up. I'm still astounded. This now completes all ME for me in Seasons - thank goodness that is over. Now I can move on with my life!
  • Oh, god! I was just about ready to give up and then byates3789 got it?! AHHHH! So I have to keep trying now! This is terrible, I'm addicted to something that I have no control over.

So byates3789, my question is, when you got 100%, how did you clear the snow blocks on the left and right sides, especially the right side???? What were your trajectories? I'm sure the while process is burned into your memory. Tell us all about it! How did you clear the snow blocks on the right?
  • Pleased to see you got 100% TD byates3789. Congratulations!
    I am going to ping in a bit of additional information that "may" help with the technique part of SG-16 (afraid I cannot help with the huge luck part OK)

I got 2 consecutive clearances in a very short 10 minute playing spell that both resulted in big red steamrolling left screen to right screen and I managed to note how the birds were placed before the ME arrived. There was basically a stacked triangle of big red, fat white and sardine can with the sardine can to the right of the two birds. (When tossing the sardine can I use a fractionally higher trajectory arc on the sardine can than for big red so that it may land to the bird's right, but a tight stack is probably enough)
    This little stack resided immediately to the right of the first and the lowest wood platform
    (wood which was still there)
    Either Andreas189's original throwing method or elcapitan's high arc version can result in this stack so whichever you prefer really?

No 100% this time. It gave me 95% and 96% as there were about 5 to 7 blocks left but the basic end scenario was EXACTLY the same (deja vu) as the time it left me with 0 blocks.

I feel really sorry for elcapitan as to have so few blocks left 3 times over all giving 99% is so unlucky!!

• Habanero, thanks for the details...Was your "triangle stack" resting on ground level, or one or two levels up? Do you think that makes a big difference? Thanks!
  • @borderking... "triangle stack" (neat term) at about ground level.
  • Habanero's "triangle stack" is a great description. Also, for me, I used the first white bomb bird to take out a good bit of the left stack including the flag. I dropped the bomb just in front of the flag so it took out much of the stack and the flag - bird then shot up and took out a couple of blocks at the top. Others did not seem to need that white bird bomb to get 100% but it seemed to help me. Right side is all about the triangle stack and getting the red bird to roll across to take out the right. Look I am no great game player - just addicted to Angry Birds, ridiculously stubborn, and now and then (and this may be the most important element!) I got lucky! Borderking, if I can get this, I feel it is possible for everyone as long as you are ridiculously stubborn and willing to live with the frustration!
  • I'm wonder if Rovio does this on purpose. Doesn't it get people more interested? No reason why they can't catch this before it comes out. Almost every update has a few problems and they seem to be ones that have happened before. I'm always on the edge of my seat whenever an update comes out to see what is fixed - see it works!!! I know there always are bugs when something new comes out or when it gets updated but it kinda makes you wonder....

I have the Solitaire game and in the Game Center achievements there are percentage indicators for certain achievements to see how close you are to getting it. I wish they would do that for the 500,000 block one in the main game!!!
  • I can't get this one and it's the most irritating thing in the world. I'm stuck at 94%. I got all the rest of the feathers in the Seasons today and this one is the bane of my existence. :-( Guess I'll try again tomorrow but I'm done for today. :-p

Update: the next morning. I have been playing this $@¥€% level for two hours and have been stuck at 94%... Then all of a sudden I did something, not sure what, and the big bird went left then rolled really fast to the right along the bottom and I held my breath while the feather filled up, but Argh!! 97%. Although I was happy with that, I have been unable to repeat that fluke occurrence. It seems that it is, like others have said, lots of luck that will get the 100%. I feel like an addict. Hahaha
  • Any update when a bugfix finally makes this level doable?
  • I've given up as I said. HOWEVER, I gave it to my ten year old....the one that got that golden egg impossible shot without using the cloverleaf to the left of the platform.

Little bugger has now gotten FOUR 99% with about two hours of play. I don't know how he does it. He's just got the luck. I told him if he gets it, he's got ten bucks extra in his wallet. I bet he gets it today after school. Being ten, though, his downfall might be not having patience. He will try for ten minutes, say wow that's tough, and go on to something else. I think w him it's just a matter of time.
  • I'd love too see a Video of it... Its the only one I need.. and Its Bugging me.. lol
  • all i have to say is congatulations Andreas189, you are a very lucky player i have been at this level for a long time it seems to me that the snow and clouds are pretty esssential to destroy if you want to get 1oo%. i hope rovio fixes this "problem" cuz i am like pro at angry birds!!!! 0n angry birds i have all gold eggs all 3 stars all feathers and all levels complete but seasons is way much harder!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Damn! Damn, damn, damn! Got down to 4 blocks but only got 98%. Accidentally launched BB a little too high and took out most of the central part of the structure, threw the SC in after him and got him to roll back. Thought I had it! :(
  • Ok. I think the thing that irritates me the most about this level is that everything seems to take more hits to break. Like the wood and ice blocks... Maybe it's deliriousness..... Or as @elcapitan said above, insanity. I guess I'll take a break for a while because this level makes me want to break my phone. :)
  • Got it!

I used basically the same method as originally posted by Andreas189 (thanks!). The first white bird is aimed at the top of the mast and the egg is dropped just before it would hit the mast to destroy the mast and some of the snow blocks on the left. BB is launched with just a couple of pixels overlapping the bottom post of the launch mechanism. (This is important - any more or less overlap didn't work for me.) Immediately after the launch of BB (don't admire the arc) invoke ME and wait for a count of 1001, 1002 and then launch ME at the same angle as the initial launch of the first white bird. It should intersect with the path of BB and land on top of BB (which has to stick around which only happens about 25% of the time). BB must work with ME to destroy the entire upper right side and then have enough momentum to roll of to the right and then come back from the left to destroy everything else that remains on the ground. I had absolutely nothing left on the screen.

This took me thousands of attempts over multiple weeks (mostly on long flights to pass time). I got 99% four times in my pursuit of this last feather and wouldn't give up. It was *very* satisfying when I finally got it.
  • Jbuccino, congrats! A few questions...

1) Where did your white bird end up after you dropped the bomb? Did it fly off, or land somewhere close where the sardine can would land on it?

2) I don't understand your trajectory for BB. What do you mean by the the bottom post of the launch mechanism? What post?

3) Why did you say you waited a few seconds (1001, 1002) before launching the sardine can?

4) I don't understand how BB can help take out the right-side floating snow blocks and still go through the process of flying left, bouncing off the launch platform, and rolling back to the right?

Thanks for your help. Without videos, everyone is having trouble trying to interpret what everyone else is doing. I appreciate your helping us!
  • this is really fustrating, congrats jbuccino but i agree with border king i hav no idea wat your saying lol i am goin to try at this level till it is concured btw i think rovio shood fix this bug, make a new bird cuz its been a while and i relly want to see a new bird and they shood make either a space world a ice world or a underwater world if they make an ice world they shood make a new penguin bird that slides on the grown and hits some blocks
  • Sorry borderking - it is really hard to describe.

1) The white bird shriveled and flew off to the right side of the structure. It did not appear to matter after taking out the left side mast and some of the left snow blocks.

2) The launching slingshot post that goes into the ground. When you pull back and aim BB you should have just a few pixels of BB overlap the post at the bottom of the slingshot.

3) The delay was an accidental discovery. It increased the chances of the sardine can intersecting BB and landing on top of BB

4) ME knocks BB to the right which takes out some of the right side blocks and then BB disappears to the right (with velocity) and comes back from the left rolling on the ground (maybe one time in a hundred!). It does not go to the left and bounce off the platform.

I hope this helps. I did go through a period of frustration but when I happened on the delay I could see that it was just a matter of time before I got lucky.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!