Total destruction on SG-16 with the Mighty Eagle is Possible (screenshots) Page 3
  • 275 Comments
  • I think I can clarify 3 a little. By "1001 1002", I believe this means counting/saying aloud "One thousand one, one thousand two, ..."
  • Oh I see what he's getting at. Aim BB high and he'll just be barely touching the slingshot post. Gonna give this ago, along with every other strategy posted here. =p

Update: Again, damnnation. Managed a 98% after about 10 minutes. The good thing is that this appears to be a rather consistent strategy and that the white bird's corpse seems to hang around, and if hit properly, can take out a few extra blocks when it falls.
  • That's right, AMslimfordy and Phantondagger. Saying 1001, 1002 is to wait 2 seconds and that is what I meant by the post. And this *is* the most consistent strategy I was able to find giving me a 95% - 99% every 10 minutes or so and then finally a 100%. Good luck.
  • How much is a couple of pixels, exactly? We're talking much closer to the left side of the post than the centre, right?
  • Yes, just a very small overlap - much closer to the left side than the center.
  • Right so, how the devil do we get BB to roll back... from the right?
  • Yes, this appears to be something new...Most people have been trying to hit BB with the Eagle and force him to fly left, hit the launch platform, and rebound back to the right...But wait, jbuccino, you made BB fly off to the right, and he STILL reappeared from the LEFT side? How is that possible? Did he circumnavigate the globe? Is it possible it was an illusion? Why would BB reappear on the left side after flying off to the right?
    Thanks again...I've been playing all weekend again...nothing above 99%. Seriously, I'm becoming angry at Rovio. Be responsible to your fans and fix this! Seriously, how hard a fix is this? It should take two seconds. Now this just seems negligent.
  • AHHHHHHHHH! I had it! I've been trying jbuccino's strategy, which is looking good, except I'm not sure where I want the white bird to end up to increase my chances. And the Eagle came in, knocked BB to the left, and BB came rolling back in like a steamroller, and I saw as I held my breath, there were no floating snow blocks left...the only snow blocks left were on the ground right in BB's path, and here he comes!...I'm finally going to get it!...and then the stupid white bird fell from the sky right in BB's way, and BB rolled into the white bird and STOPPED! And the two snow blocks just lay there...98%.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
  • All right, sorry for the multiple posts, but it just happened AGAIN! This time, I only had the same two snow blocks on the ground on the right, and there goes BB off to the left, and here he comes again! And I think, "This has GOT to be it! The AB gods will not do it to me again." And out of the sky, out of nowhere, falls the white bird, landing just in front of the two blocks, and BB hits it, and jumps OVER the only two remaining blocks like a biker going off a ramp! 98%.

At least this means I'm close...Thanks jbuccino...This is the first time in a week I actually feel a glimmer of hope. Back I go...I've gotta get it now. The AB gods wouldn't do it again, right?
  • Exactly. I have no explanation for the "circumnavigation" of the screen but it happens if ME hits BB hard enough (about 1 time in 100 for me). I believe that is part of the previous solutions as well. And I know your pain as I had the same thing happen to me 3 times before I finally got some luck.
  • I just had the white bird get in my way as described above two more times in a row, so I have to make some adjustment...This strategy seems very effective, but the best placement of the white bird seems to be a mystery. It seems like everyone is dealing with the white bird differently.
  • Ok, so now SIX times in the last several hours, the BB was stopped by the white bird on it's return steamroll from left to right, preventing what looked like it would have been a 100% clearance. So I have to ask, where is the best location to place the white bird so it doesn't interfere? Otherwise, this strategy is close to perfect!
  • I really didn't focus on this (the white bird placement) but the time I got the feather the white bird (after dropping the egg) flew off (shriveled) to the right side of the structure and did not appear to participate in the ME conflagration. Other times (getting 98% or 99%) he ended up beside BB when ME hit.
  • @borderking...
    The white bird is the most frustrating bird to use in the whole of AB in general but I think you have a particularly evil one. Strongly suggest an exorcism before re-attempting this level.
    But seriously ... good luck... you soooooooo deserve to nail this.

From my experience, if I have a stack of big red, white dumpling bird and the sardine can the white dumpling bird has generally behaved OK and not dared to block big red's path should he do his steamroller trick ... think your one may be taking some back handers from those green pigs!!
  • I finally did it!!!

http://postimage.org/image/2rh5afllw/

I WILL NOT miss playing that level over and over and over....

;-)

I wonder, am I the 1st woman/UK player to do this?
    No matter, I'm just glad the pesky Eagle didn't beat me. Yay!

Btw, massive props to Andreas189 for the tip! Mwah!
    I did it with nothing left at all, thanks to BigBoyBird ;-)

~stops tearing hair out and finally relaxes~
  • Thanks, Habanero, for the encouragement...This is really like a drug. Each day I yell, "All right, that's it, I'm done!" Then 12 hours later, I'm looking at my iPhone and thinking, "All right, one more day..."
  • amazing how many people have "got it" without anyone able to produce a solid proof just so that other could actually *see* it being done! When I look at the million videos on Youtube, I find this hard to believe.
  • @jackMeUp -- you have made is abundantly clear that you do not believe that anyone has achieved 100%, and several commenters (including myself) have made it abundantly clear that we disagree with you. Can you please move on to another topic?
  • AAAAAGGHHH!!! Just had 2 snow blocks left, did a screengrab and accidentally turned off the game.
  • @jackmeup: instead of crying that you believe it to be impossible, you could try to beat it!!! would a simple video convince you that it s possible? cause faking such a simple video wouldnt be that hard! while all those who have the feather (although you dont believe them) 'faked' their pictures to prove the total destruction, there should be one who could also 'fake' a video to satisfifie all the disbelivers!!!
  • @jackmeup Stop belittling the achievements of others. You're not contributing to anything by calling people liars. Want a video on youtube of something that only a handful of people in the world have achieved? That's even less likely than being able to get this feather. Also, lrn2play.
  • Hey, I am new here on this forum, altough I have followed the discussions of the ABSME for some time now. I have collected all stars and all feathers of every AB there is. Accepted one!!! And off course you know which one that is...
    I have red the strategies here, but I can't seem to get them working.
    Is it possible for anyone to show me a video of the most common strategie. Not for prove and it doesn't need to be a video of the feather. But just of the strategie...
    Can anyone help me?
  • @Master Knight all you can do is keep trying, or wait for Rovio to fix it. This feather is quite out of reach; only a few people ever had accomplished it.
  • I know, I want to keep trying. but I don't know what the strategie looks like. So I don't know what to keep trying
  • HOW I GOT 100% WITH EVERYTHING DESTROYED!

Much like Andreas189, I used the first two birds only, then Mighty Eagle.

I discovered that if you launch the white egg bird so it goes to land just before the first white blocks then fire the egg just before it touches the ground it will (often) take out all the left hand white blocks and flag.

Then fire BigBoyBird towards the first blue blocks and the sardine tin immediately after

Then cross your fingers/toes/eyes and hope for the best!

Bear in mind it may take 10's of goes, possibly even hundreds, for everything to work out just right, but the rush of finally getting 100% is SOOOO worth it ;-)

Ideally when the birds come to rest after you shoot them they should be close together with the sardine tin. If they're all touching, even better!

With this method I continually achieved between 89% - 97% until finally getting 100%, though most goes were around 93%.

Technique and perseverance are ALL that are required to get the feather. Oh, and a big slice of luck ;-)
  • @Sci-Fi_Bard Thanks for this, this seems to be a very consistent strategy so far. Getting consistent 90s%. :)
  • Just so everyone has a clear idea of just how unlikely getting 100% really is, if you don't already...After this weekend, I've now probably attempted an estimated 25,000 tries...I can get the triangle stack together almost every time. I've tried dozens of strategies, probably a few thousand tries each. In those 25,000 tries or so, I've had the BB roll back steamroller-style about 100 times. I get 95% or so very often, many 97%'s, and about 20 98% and 99%'s. That's it. No 100%.

You really need to just win the lottery here.
  • @borderking...there are no different strategies IMHO. It's all about getting BB to roll back and take everything else out. I like lofting BB and having the sardine can and BB just miss each other in the air on BB's descent. The only thing this does is increase the life of BB. He doesn't expire so quickly for the most part doing this. Others fire the BB and sardine can roughly in the same line.

But it all comes down to the same thing. The BB rolling back into the field of play. And how the heads all settle down is pure luck. You can get it arranged close, but close isn't good enough. Everything has to settle exact, with bricks and boards and glass smashing. A huge dose of luck to make it work.

@jbuccino....the BB rolling off the righthand side of the screen and entering from the left I don't think is possible. If you don't have the screen panned back when the ME comes in, it COULD look like it rolls off to the right. But if you pan it back, you'll see that BB gets pinched back to the left, like a marble.

And even if the circumnavigation thing were possible, it would hit the left side of the launch platform and stop. Unless it was airborne all the way.

It is my opinion only. But I didn't want everyone going off half crazed to get BB to exit to the right and roll back from the left. I really don't think that's what is happening.

I keep visiting here to see if anyone has managed a video of it! But to have a video camera running over your shoulder for possibly hours is nuts. I think the moderator says if you have a jailbroke iphone you can record it. But I don't, nor probably anyone else, have one.

In the meantime, I ain't gonna' pull my hair out over this. It's ridiculous. Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck and more luck.
  • @Phantomdagger I don't know what you are reading into this. I just said it's interesting that out of all the youtube videos and videos on this site there is nothing to be found for level 1-16. Nothing more. And I'd like to see a video cause even if you can't believe it, readin about "how you have to hit this one thing at this right angle to make it hit the other thing at that place" is not really helpful. What would be helpful id a video to see how the bird align to reach a 100% result.

These readers digest storys are like trying to tell a blind man how good the Mona Lisa looks. That is all.
  • That's not rational. For a video to go up, a user would need to be actively recording the screen with a jailbroken device for thousands of tries. Using descriptive text to explain the process is perfectly sufficient for now -- until the threshold is lowered.

Thus far, either FujiToast nor I have managed to get this feather, but that does not mean it can't be done. It just means we aren't one of the 8 that have succeeded.
  • Another way to try??

After more hours than I care to count of trying, I gave my iPhone to my 10 year old and told him to get the feather. Neither of us have gotten it yet (tons of 98 and 99%'s), but he has a way using all the birds that may be better to try if you are looking for a new method.

(There are 8 stacks of 2 bricks wide on this level so follow me on this)

1. He launches the white bird over and drops the egg on the 4th stack (wood). When he does that, the bird goes off to the right, hits the highest wood piece covering the 5th and 6th stack. The bird then hits the antennae on the far right, slides down and destroys all the ice blocks. (It took me a lot of tries to get this shot, but I can get it about 50% of the time now.)

2. Then he takes BB and launches it at almost the exact same trajectory so that hits the ice on the 4th and 5th stacks (which is an easy shot since the wood above it was destroyed in Step #1). This generally causes a lot of damage and only leaves a little bit left on the right.

3. The next white bird is launched as far as it can go to the right to clean up with BB didn't destroy.

4. The yellow bird is launched very low to take out the ice at the bottom of the left most stack. It usually gets to the wood piece on Stack #2 as well.

5. If there is any more debris on the far right, use the last white bird to clean that up. If you are already clear, you can drop this on the ice blocks on the left again.

6. Launch ME. If you had to use the bird in #5 for right side cleanup, then put the SC on the piece of ice below the antennae. If you used the bird in #5 to damage stuff on the left then try to land this on the ice on the 2nd stack.

Like I said, I DO NOT have the feather, but I was averaging 94-95 with the other method on this forum, but I have a ton of 97-98-99 doing it this way.

• @JackMeUp The people who accomplished it did so with either no help, minimal assistance from suggestions here, or came up with their own method. We'd ALL like to see a video that can reliably* help people to get the feather, but the impossibility and randomness of this level makes that... impossible. Complaining about being unable to understand strategies or lacking skill necessary to attempt this is simply unhelpful. Go out, keep playing the level, and see if you can invent something that can actually help us all.
  • i got it! my stagety is pretty different though. you have to launch the first white bird at the white blocks as usual and then take all the birds and start launching them quick at the structure but do it fast. u have to us the birds and launch them quick like u hav to take the big bro bird and launch him high in the structure so it wont dissapear fast cuz if he just lays on the ground he will dissapear fast but if u launch it high it will role around and destroy stuff be fore it hits the ground and luanch the rest of the birds REALLY fast before the big bro bird sits on the ground so u get some of the structure destroyed wit the birds after the birds r gone or the big bro bird is on the ground launch the eagle to destroy the right side of the structure
  • Elcapitan, as we can see, there are various and diverse strategies floating around here. There is the difference in whether BB is lofted up high or launched more horizontally, where the white bird is launched and whether the bomb is dropped, or even whether it's possible to use more than two birds before invoking the Eagle. Now we hear suggestions of using all five birds and producing positive results. I had been wondering that for a while...Could we more strategically make use of all five birds to clear the area before the Eagle arrives? If possible, that would reduce the degree of luck required. I wonder if there's potential there to produce a more reliably replicable strategy?
  • @borderking I've been trying TravisB's strategy with good results. I think we're slowly working toward getting more people the feather, at least until this is patch. I even said to myself, the only problem left is that the threshold is too high.
  • It seems like we're getting closer but I fear that we're really not. I've been trying TravisB's strategy for hours, and I don't see how you can consistently clear enough on the right side even with the extra birds. And in addition, no one has gotten the feather with that technique yet...Agent Katman's roundabout description unfortunately doesn't offer much that can help. The problem as I see it is that we still have nothing better than keeping with the original steamroller strategy, which still depends almost entirely on luck. I've been working day in and day out for weeks, and still haven't found anything better than this original strategy...Nothing yet where skill can help. To me, the biggest evidence that there's a problem is that with so many hundreds of thousands of attempts across the country and the world, the fact that "maybe" eight people have gotten the feather, that only one person has reproduced his own strategy successfully, that even the moderators have been unsuccessful, all point to the clear craziness of this level.
  • Possibly reiterating what you've just said, trying to use 2 birds and get BB to roll properly it all luck, and every strategy is too inconsistent. Every time a new strategy comes out I think it's the one but I really think right now that 5 birds is the key. If you can sucessfully take out the centre and right and damage the left side, all that's left for the ME isn't alot. It is very discouraging how difficult it is, not to mention that this hasn't been fixed yet... it's one line of code in the level code ffs.
  • All right, well I'll give the 5 birds strategy more focus. I've certainly tried the 2-bird strategy enough. After about 500 more attempts tonight, I had only one "roll-back" with only 97% clearance. So frustrating.

But if the 5-bird strategy is possible, I'll give it a try. How ironic would that be if that worked? But if that were the solution, wouldn't more people have found success with it already?

My brain hurts.
  • @borderking
    There are 88 various blocks on SG-16. The threshold has been set far too high and so you need to clear a minimum of 86 of those blocks for the level to cough up the feather.

I have cleared 86/88 blocks and got 99% and I have cleared 88/88 blocks and got the eagle feather
    (no maybes) I mailed Bird Leader a couple of screenshots immediately on the day I did that as I was so excited. On both these occasions the high clearance was due to big red steamrolling across from left to right to take out all the final ground level blocks. This was on my iPhone, my usual playing device.

Out of interest I have recently gone back to play the level on my iPad in patches to see if I can repeat a 100% on that. I only got big red to steamroll across once in 45 minutes which left 3 to 5 blocks and gave me 98%. My best so far on the iPad..

Ref using all the birds, well whatever works, but as a HUGE part of a total clearance is luck I
    will continue trying on the iPad with 2 birds just because in an hour I could have many more attempts with 2 birds than with 5 birds.

I think a lot more people would be successful if the ME didn't announce his coming with that war cry as I have noticed it is usually at that point that big red always vaporises. 75% of the time he is gone just before the ME arrives!!
  • I got my feather!!! It is possible!!
  • Just to be clear, Habanero, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that you got the feather. My "maybe" was in reference to some of the more vague and convoluted claims in this thread. But clearly you and several others have done it, and you've all been very helpful.

The fact that you haven't been able to repeat your success scares me the most. If even someone who knows how it's done can't do it again, how is everyone else supposed to do it?
  • @borderking Andreas has done it twice, but I know exactly what you mean. FujiToast and I are both videotaping and hope to put up a strategy "walkthrough" -- that is, even if the video only yields 98/99% but conveys the proper strategy, it will be posted.

I got 99 yesterday, but unfortunately was not recording. A mistake I will not make again.
  • @AMslimfordy Thank you very much for your efforts! It is excacly what I need...
  • @borderking. It might well be that there is another way besides the BB rolling back in. Anything is possible with luck

As far as jackmeup, I think he should go sit in the corner and color for a while.

Just waiting for someone with the techno capability to video a feather. Going to be just a matter of time!
  • Got it!!! thank you ALL for your help
  • What I want to know is why this hasn't been patched yet.
  • Because no updates have been released. I'm sure there are higher priorities on Rovio's plate.
  • if you click the lock button and the exit button at the same time it takes a picture of the screen and saves it to your pictures so when the feather is obtaind for you take a pic and download it to your computer but trust me the 5 bird strategy does work its just a matter of time and patients believe me a bird wont vanish if its moving but it will if its stationary for a couple seconds if u can manage to get all the birds over at the structure and hav them sit there then use the eagle to steamrole ALL the birds on the map thus damaging most of the right side of the structure
  • ya AMslimfordy your right they probably dont even care about this level there probably too busy making thanksgiving angry birds, or the last rio
  • Agent Katman4
    Please, be mindful of your language. You're post has been edited.

It's not that Rovio does not care, but they also aren't going to push an update for a 1-level adjustment. They are probably preparing a larger bug-fix, in which this will be included. We have had contact with an AB developer and he has said it will be fixed.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!