Copying save data from one iPod touch to new iPhone
  • 29 Comments
  • I had wondered about this, I hope to buy an iPad when the new one comes out and had wondered if I'd have to start over or not. Bird Leader had mentioned that Rovio was hoping to do some sort of a sync between devices. Let's hope that's worked out and released soon!
  • I believe there is an App that can extract iPhone app data so you can move it to another device, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it, nor do I know if it works for AB.
  • Thanks for sharing, Victor.
  • Do you know a way to read the data of the iPhone's highscore.lua ?
    I have the windows version of the game and i can see the data in the file but i can't read my highscore.lua from my iPhone...if you have an idea, i'm really interested !
  • I believe it's encrypted. That would be awesome though!
  • Would it be possible/safe to get a copy of someone's highscore.lua file? I had 3 stars on everything through the second page of Ham 'Em High and all the golden eggs, including the Superbowl one ... then today iTunes decided that my computer was no longer authorized and deleted my Angry Birds app without so much as an "Are you sure?" I almost cried. :( I wish I had thought to check here sooner to see if there was a way to back up Angry Bird data -- out of reach of iTunes.

Just to be clear, I did purchase Angry Birds; the authorization issue is an iTunes problem that I am still trying to get figured out.
  • I finally got the authorization issue fixed, so I was able to put Angry Birds back on my iPhone. But I am back at square 1. :(
  • That's a bummer. Does anyone know if there are any implications of sharing ones highscores.lua with someone else?
  • I was wondering that same thing.
  • They would obviously be ranked the same as you in Game Center, but I don't care too much about that.
  • I don't login to the Game Center, so the ranking wouldn't matter in my case. This is the only game I have *ever* been addicted to in my entire life, and it nearly broke my heart to see all my scores go "poof". That, and my kids had fun with all the golden eggs I had unlocked. Especially the bird rap. :)
  • Shoot me an email at birdleader AT angrybirdsnest.com.
  • Birdleader how did you transfer your scores. I'm getting a new iPod touch & I want to make sure I can transfer my scores. I'd also like to be able to put them on my iPhone but not loosing them on the iPod touch is more important.
  • I recently got an iphone 4 and my scores did not transfer from my touch. My achievements did and now game center is adding the scores from my iphone to my scores on the touch. Is this normal?
  • Thank you. I have read the discussion threads but I don't know if I can do this on my own. I don't even know what .lua files are or where they would be. I have very limited computer skills.
  • I'm getting ready to try this out. I just have a few questions. I have AB season on my iphone 4 with the only halloween with all 3 stars. On my iPad2 I have the remaining AB seasons with 3 stars (no halloween). Does anyone know if I'll be able to just transfer the halloween to my iPad?

Also, I want to transfer my AB progress to an old iPhone 3G that is being used as an iPod Touch. Does it matter that my 3g doesn't have access to game center? I really don't care about achievements.

Thanks!
  • Thank you BirdLeader! The step by step worked for Rio and Seasons but then my touch crashed on the Original Angry birds. It's been freezing for about 2 weeks now. 2 out of 3 is pretty good.
  • Most welcome! Good luck with your iTouch. I had one do that. Have you tried resetting it?
  • It's my own fault. I thought Angry Birds was checked in my sync list but it wasn't. So when I restored, all my scores came up except Angry Birds. Live and learn.
  • how do i get the highscores settings from one ipod to another i followed the iphone explorer but i dont know where to copy it into i dont know how they got ab original.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!