Another contest bug

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Another contest bug

• In day 3 of contest, i was at second place near the end time. Tried to reach first place in the last few minutes, was like 100 behind first and 600 ahead of third. But when the contest time for the day ended i was still playing and when i finished just got 100 tokens instead of 500. I know i did not reached first due to time, but missed the 400 tokens due to some other bug.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

What time did you start playing for that day?

If you started playing with only about 2 hours or so (no one’s sure exactly) remaining on that day, that might explain why you only got 100 tokens.

Rovio implemented a policy that if you start playing too close to the end time, they’re drastically reduce rewards, on the basis that someone who only shows up at the very end shouldn’t get the same amount of rewards as someone who started early and has been basically playing all day.

If this isn’t the case for you, then perhaps it is a bug.

But when the contest time for the day ended i was still playing

An alternative explanation is that it’s also known that if you play right up to the end, and especially if you’re still playing at the moment when the daily competition ends, the server may not record your score properly. That’s why Rovio explicitly recommends that people stop playing at least 5-10 minutes prior to the end time and hard close out of the app entirely, and not log back in until after the day has ended.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

I also find that it is a unusual that we only see our score at the end and nobody elses… It’s the only AB game that does this, leaves me to think their maybe more going on behind the scenes…

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I do think they should have leaderboard scores everyone posted at the end of each challenge somewhere so you don’t have to guess at what might have happened during the final moments of the challenges. At least for a couple of hours. There seem to be some pretty unbelievable swings in scores at the end. 100 or so, I can see that as plausible, but over 500 seems like too big a swing unless the servers are rally that far behind.

NoMore
    @nomore

I started playing in the day before, just after it starts, i got all the tokens for playing it. And i knew about the policy. So i played lots of times during the day.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Another contest bug

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.