Arena Season 5

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 290 total)
  • Replies
  • GeMek
    @gemek

Okay, so the christmas event ended. I finished in 5th place, yet it was enough to rank up in mastery quite a lot. Druid is the first class which reached Mastery 6, Bard (Which I got 1-2 days ago) went up to 4, and classes which I use quite frequently got up to 5.
    Today’s arena objectives don’t look bad. I should be able to complete 2, but there is a chance to get the third, which I hope will happen.

@dallasreds
    That’s quite interesting info… Still, 1 weak team isn’t enough to keep the arena balanced. As everyone already said, the arena mechanics MUST be rebalanced AND reprogrammed. With the recent changes it isn’t a P2W game anymore… it’s a “pay 2 not die easily” game.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I haven’t seen that lone knight since the end of Season 2. I’m haunted by the wretched little pig banner.

On another note my Arena GP clock has been stuck for 5 days. I haven’t seen a cave chest or Golden Pig since Christmas Eve. I thought it might have something to do with the event but that has now finished. Anyone else or is it just my glitch?

Anonymous

@bubbley
    I haven’t seen a golden pig in a while either, but have still been getting cave chests and haven’t had any issues with either of my GPMs.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@poptimus thanks. I will contact Rovio.

Atom
    @atom

@bubbley
    I had a golden pig a couple days ago. My GPM was stuck at 24:00 for a few hours yesterday but was fixed this morning when I got up. I also got a cave chest this morning too so sounds like contacting Rovio is the best course of action.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryjohnny
    I always assumed the lone Red team was someone who pushed fight too soon before picking other birds and got left in the system but if Rovio left him in there from testing why would his name change every other time I faced him? Do you think there are duplicates with different Names? I have faced him at least 30 times since the beginning of EPIC he always had a team name.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@dallasreds I think the lone Red team is a Rovio implementation mostly because he is too low in powerlevel/birds to even join the arena ;-)

Pointless
    @pointless

@poptimus props where they are due. Yesterday got Witch to 10 thanks to the event and a lucky dojo visit. Used her for the defeat 10 birds objective which I got AGAIN with a slightly modified team and had much better success. I know it has been said here before, but that class is made for arena. Wonder how long until that insane banner heal is nerfed though. No problems with the objective as I kept her alive enough to keep my banner at or near full health long enough to rather easily KO 10 birds. Thank you again for the suggestion

Anonymous

@pointless
    Now that’s what I’m talking about! Woo! Glad to hear it worked for you. Happy New Year, and may all your GPM rolls be legendary, lol.

Atom
    @atom

@angryjohnny & @dallasreds
    I’ve actually encountered that lone red with the name of someone I saw on my boards and have fought before who I knew was actually level 50. So no idea why Rovio has him in, but I do like it when I encounter him. I’ve used him multiple times for the Knock Red out with Red goal. :D

GeMek
    @gemek

Alright, looking good. Yesterday and today got all 3 objectives done, which makes me stand on place #2 like a winner (17185 points). Bmwman on place #1 is out of reach (31410 points). Me and the guy on 3rd place (13620 points) are probably getting out of reach for everybody else (4th place has 8980 points).

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@atom thanks. Sadly I do have a cheat on my board this week but I should still advance. Feel sorry for the guy in 4th though.

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

I’m sure it’s out there a gazillion times but how do you send a screen shot of a cheater to Rovio? I can’t believe this crap is still happening!!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

2nd in Plat at 40k with a good lead over 3rd, so I’ll go Diamond next week, even though I’m over 10k behind 1st.

The fully-upgraded teams I’m seeing at 50 are getting insane in Arena.

Jim151
    @jim151

Yesterday I was able to complete my daily objectives in 2 battles. Today it will take at least 8

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kookaburra67 I am so shocked by your screen shot. The top three guys form part of my constant pool of opponents. By the way all are easy to beat especially GRO that’s why he/she cheats. Ugh! Horrible person!

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

I reported that piece of s&!t to Rovio but who knows what they will do.

Kookaburra67
    @kookaburra67

I actually got the Valiant set via the free spin golden pig. It’s a great advantage but the problem is after a few opponents in the daily challenge, all I get for opponents is people with the same set. What’s the point with this?!!!

Pointless
    @pointless

@jadedbacon even with the ~25K banner, remember that the birds’ damage is similarly scaled. I regularly with my power team win in 2-3 turns, and have, on occasion, due to TJ, won in one turn if I win the toss. This game, as all RPGs have to have an element of chance (luck) or it becomes boring, quickly solved and most of all, not fun. Too much control (meaning calcaluble outcomes) defeats the purpose and overall experience of the game. There needs to be that unknown outcome to keep things interesting.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kookaburra I play with Blazing Eye set but virtually every opponent uses the Valiant set. I’m still trying to work out how that can be. Before these new sets I always saw a good mix.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@pointless Well see that’s the thing. We already have layers of randomness. We have weapon based randomness (Crit/Chain/Bedtime/Dispel), we have class based randomness (Lightning Bird/Wizard/Bard/Frost Savage), and then set based randomness (Dragon/Primal/TLightning/Chrono/Mana/Cleansing/Scissors/Sweet/Finisher/Beep Beep/Artillery/Shadow), that’s already a lot. I’m fine with all that randomness, it works and keeps the game engaging. My problem is when randomness is too powerful (TJ/Rez).

My changes were just some thoughts on taming it down a notch. I’m sure it can be tweaked to be balanced and still keep the randomness.

Right now if you lose 3 matches because the TJ/Rez didn’t go your way you’re either out on making progress in arena, or you need to pay up 20 Lcs. Dunno bout you, but it feels kinda lame when that happens. Doesn’t feel like I lost because I made a bad choice other than fighting a team with TJs/Rez, and using Piggy McCool to avoid those fights is tedious and boring.

Edit:Typos

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@angryjohnny,@atom
    I saw the lone Red team again yesterday and he was an unnamed player. You are right that as few of them that there might be out there they don’t add any balancing with all power teams. It seems everyone has the new banner sets.

Atom
    @atom

I’m not sure how the matching system works but it’s getting really frustrating right now with all the enchantment stuff going on. My birds are still not the top mastery level but I keep getting matches against 50/12 teams. I’ve also been put up against a couple teams where the Red has almost 6000 HP. I’ve been locked out right after making my goals the last two days. This is after rarely loosing a battle. It gets to the point where I want to play a game and not spend 20 minutes restarting just to find a good opponent.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.