Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 976 through 1,000 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

Another super-easy week with minimal grinding + maximum rewards.

Keep ’em coming! XD

weeknine.jpg

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

OMG I made it :) I beat one of those 3 cheaters and finished 3rd :) I was waiting 1000 points behind that 3rd cheater and made 2 of my objectives 2 minutes before the end of the week :) Cool :)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

Congrats! I didn’t think the Asian player was going to give you an in there. Well played?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    Maybe that cheater was too stupid to let me be so close to him to the very end of the week. I am happy that he lost his 3rd place whatever the true reason was there :)

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@smwforever45 @datguygamer

For me, enchantement level makes quite a difference.In the arena, now that all my classes are M15, it means that my birds are at least as strong as the opposition who now show up with fully enchanted sets on birds and the banner (and have for a while).

Aside from birds, class and weapons choice, my strategy for a long time has been to relentlessly attack the banner unless it’s advantageous to down a specific bird first (Chuck with Reset for exemple). So, fully enchanted sets yield higer attack numbers and do make a significant difference in my experience.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

I think he must have fallen for your Jedi mind trick- “you are safely in third place, pay no attention to the man in 4th”?

angryde
    @angryde

@kennymcc You say it all with your board handle, mate! XD

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast Yeah I used the Force to outsmart the weak-minded one :D

@angryde
    Damn :) I dont wanna do such crazy board ever again :) I made almost 500 battles during that week, please no more again :)

metztli013
    @metztli013

For the first time since seasons began, I was demoted from Diamond league. =( I came in 14th. I just didn’t have the motivation to grind, not even a little.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@metztli013
    I’m in such a league myself right now, like I have been last week. If you don’t grind you will be demoted… Last week, I guess the guy in #15 realised this and stopped playing after the first day, because he missed one objective. :( Poor soul.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc @smwforever45 @pixelyzed What I mean is that enchantment for set items (for set items only) matters in the toss. I guess to balance out things.

Two more things are coded as well regarding toss factors but they are currently disabled.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Yeah but does the level of enchantment matter as well? Like, are dudes with E1 set items more likely to win the toss than dudes with E10 set items?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Yes, but the bias is not too much. E10’s are likely to win 4 out of 10 tosses while E1 maybe like 7.

EDIT: However that bias is also manipulated bu stuff like whether that set in question that you are holding is the Cheater Set or not, the Rage Chili, what level of anvil you have (as that directly factors the enchantment level), mastery, XP.

The only thing that doesn’t factor right now in but is coded is whether you are using elite classes or not and whether you are holding a complete set or part of it.

As I said way back, the toss code is a mess. There are so many factors that it spins my head to even think about it. No joke, the toss code is the 2nd most complicated part of the game’s data (surpassed only by the golden machines).

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer Such a small thing made so complex. It would do to just make it a 50% win and 50% loss chance, without any bias. After all, it’s a COIN TOSS. Coins IRL are never rigged no matter your opponent’s monthly income or the prettiness of their partner.

Also, you’re saying bias is not so big? 70% winning chance and 40% winning chance is quite the difference.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 I guess the logic here is that with E10, you are guaranteed to win even if you lose the toss while with E1, you may still lose even after winning the toss.

Since Rovio won’t give out enchanted weapons themselves, they decided let’s just give the ones with weak gear a bit of an advantage.

Since this is not RL, we have to make do with what we get. The game has so many small factors, they will eventually come into play nonetheless and that’s is what’s going on. Still, with better weapons, and with the Cheater Set, I feel that 40% odd is not that bad.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    Coinflip is a horror for itself in this game :D When I read @datguygamer post about it, I started to laugh :D This is a grand example how to cripple simple random roll 50/50 ;)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc @smwforever45

Don’t worry. I am sure they will change around some stuff when these parameters are tweaked. Let’s wait and see.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

Has anyone else had trouble logging into Facebook after their update?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Rovio may have forgotten that you face completely different opponents whether your set items are E1 or E10…

I can’t really be happy with a 40% win ratio though, because that is NOT a fair toss and Rovio have said multiple times that it’s supposed to be a fair toss.
    And as I said on previous posts, I do not want to be forced to use a certain bird with a certain set to get an advantage…

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

I understand the need for a weighted coin toss, but this seems ridiculously complex and arbitrary. My E10 Lvl 52 items that I haven’t yet gotten replacements for are probably hosing my roll chances, even though I give up over 200 (15%) points on team power.

Since we have power rankings, wouldn’t something like taking the power ratio (your_power/opponent_power) and then applying it to a cumulative probability distribution get what they’re after? I’d say at 0.75 you should win every toss, and at 1.25 you should lose every time. If you want, you can add an adjustment for the golden chili.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Personnaly, I do not buy the need for a weighted coin toss. It should be left purely to chance. When I had weaker birds, I faced weaker teams and lost more battles than I do now period. That’s normal. Now I face much stronger team and winning is far from garanteed even with level 60 birds with M15 classes and fully enchanted Level 62 sets. The teams I face are the same and still often 50-200 power points above me. I worked very hard to get ahead in the game and I feel we are never rewarded for that.

A coin toss is a coin toss. This is getting highly frustrating for me that this is tempered with as I still loose a lot more than I win.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 @pixelyzed Now I feel dreadful for using the UPUD strategy… somehow dirty ;-)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Were there 5 Shards in previous Arena Bounties?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 @pixelyzed @cdrguy @kennymcc

I still feel it’s okay as it’s supposed to be 50% but it is 40%; that doesn’t strike me as too much. To me personally, it’s really not that bad since I can annihilate pretty much any AI team even after losing the toss.

But here’s the thing, code wise it’s actually tough to make it exactly 50. In real life, when we use a toss,it’s still made on other factors like: less windy and smooth surfaces. If by chance, a head becomes tail due to a rough surface, we can do it again by picking it up for the sake of a fair one. BUT in this game, it’s only once and thus there are factors that has to be favored in for it to work. It’s not perfect, but at least it’s not miles bad from what it’s supposed to be. A difference of 10% is not that bad. I do understand why you guys are frustrated but try to take a look into both sides of the picture. In a fair game toss, people with better gear will triumph over weak ones as they will be defeated easily by the AI team so I think giving those specific people a small advantage is okay.

Also, here’s the kick in the nuts, if we mail them about it, they will deny it saying it’s fair (their kind of “fair”). If we show proof by giving these info to them to not give them any chance of denial, they will patch the files making further digging impossible for me or anyone, like how they did with the mastery part. So it’s basically like pick your poison. Getting further info than we are supposed to get will be a thing of the past then. :/

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 976 through 1,000 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.