Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc how far into the week was that Cheat? Curious because my understanding is that Rovio can now spot them and should remove them.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Haha, you think that’s all? Here’s my test results for today: Attempted 7 battles.

Toss win without Cheater Set: 1/7
    Toss win with Set: 7/7 (Direct win 2, Tossed/Flipped win 5).

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley
    It was shared on FB during the week (I think monday or tuesday). I cant find it :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley @kennymcc
    It was posted on the first day. It was later removed because people reported the person to the group admins and he got banned for boasting and even laughing at all those that called him a cheater.

@jamairoqui

My description of the Cheater set, however, still says “Increases the chance to win the coin toss by 50%!” With that, 33% wins would become 50% wins.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc @smwforever45 thanks. Hopefully he is banned for good. Could he return using a different name?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@bubbley
    He’s only banned from the Facebook group. :P
    Yeah he COULD return under a different name there.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@bubbley
    I think so. But it depands on the rules of banning. If the IP adresses which he used was banned, he will have problems to create new account. But he can connect on some public WiFi and create any new account. It is impossible to be 100% sure that we never see this cheater back in game. I think that well-programmed “cheater detector” is the best way to harass cheaters.

@smwforever45

I dont understand why they removed that thread. Let people know the true, why to hide it???

@jamairoqui

I agree with @smwforever45 about that Cheaters set %

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    No, they completely banned him from the group, upon some users’ requests…

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@smwforever45 If what you say is true, then it is impossible to win a toss when facing an opponent using the Cheat set. (“Win” for opponent would then be 66% + 1/2(66%) = 100%)

I know I’ve won a toss versus the Cheat set, so your interpretation can’t be correct. My hunch is they screwed up the description, just like they did for the Bomb set damage. What they meant was that half of the losses are converted into wins, not that it increases the probability of winning by 50%.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jamairoqui
    I’m not interpreting. I’m repeating what the description says, at least in the German translation… “Erhöht die Wahrscheinlichkeit, den Münzwurf zu gewinnen, um 50%!” (“Increases the chance to win the coin toss by 50%!”)
    I won a toss against Cheater before, too. So yeah… another messed up description I guess.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@smwforever45 I apologize. My response was poorly worded. I meant that literally interpreting the description couldn’t be correct because it leads to behavior of the game that is not observed.

It’s becoming clear (at least to me) that the technical writing skills of whoever is working on ABE at Chimera leave a little to be desired. Or perhaps the coder who is doing things is terrible at explaining what is going on so the tech writer gets confused. Anyway, very nice work figuring out the statistics. A 1/3 to 2/3 increase on probability makes sense.

The Cheat set seems worthless to me, since the coin toss has become largely irrelevant to determining the outcome of Arena battles. What I’ve decided I want is a “nerf/mastery” set, that cripples a power bird but gives double mastery drops (either by doubling the points or doubling the frequency at which mastery drops). For example, the idea would be it would make Paladin do 50% damage and healing, have a shield that only deflected 20% of the damage, but nearly every defeated pig would drop double mastery points. Getting through Cave 11-5 would be a challenge in that scenario, but the payout would be huge, so you would have to decide if it was worth it to spend potions.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Do u know this? When u attack any enemy bird with Shroud emblem on the banner with your Red with Dragon set, and the dragon set triggers its dmg to all emenies and the dmg is shrouded on the banner, u make no dmg to the target bird too :D What a fantastic bug :D
    I hate that shroud emblem so much and when saw this happend I nearly turned in red color :D

Timber
    @timber

I am suffering from a problem today which was mentioned several pages back in this thread. My second goal is to kill bomb twice with chuck and I have only seen one bomb in 30 battles. I was going after the third goal of using Stone Guard and Princess when I saw the bomb and I didn’t have Chuck on my team. I’ll try a reboot and take a break for a few hours before renewing the attack. It will take 20 more battles averaging 70 points per battle to regain the lead if I don’t get another crack at two bomb kills.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

With the helpful affect on for birds, Captain (Bomb) attacked but the helpful affect wasn’t removed. Anyone else noticed this?

Plus, I was using Mage chuck, Cleric Matilda, and Rogues blues. It goes easy! If it is my turn I use Chuck’s defense ability on banner, Matilda’s helpful ability and Tne Blues’ helpful ability on the banner. You win easily!

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@timber
    Today, I got the 3000 points objective, “Win arena battles and knock out Bomb 5 times with Matilda”. Took me a long time and got it done.

@christian-cosgrove

“Crest of Resistance” can give all your birds a 60% chance to resist a dispel. So it is possible.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@suikyo Huh. I have that.

Pointless
    @pointless

@timber certainly beware any Objective requiring a KO of Bomb or Blues right now. I still have seen only one single non-CG Team of Red/Chuck/Matilda since the update.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I too have only seen one non CG team since the update. I have been trying to grind a few hundred extra points every day to help buffer those KO Blues or Bomb. I was lucky last week with KO Blues but there is very little chance of seeing anything but Red/Chuck/Matilda.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I recieved the famous EPIC message few minutes ago :) I confirmed that and it seems that nothing was screwed up :)

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@kennymcc you are so brave

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc You went the distance and came back! (Let’s see how many of you get that reference)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I wonder if I should grind 1k points to keep up with the people on my board… that’s how much I’d need to get from #6 to #2. People on my boards always seem to have high ambitions no matter how late I start into the week…

Pointless
    @pointless

Wow, actually got a non-CG opponent in my first Battle today…but then, despite all hopes, everything since has been Red/Chuck/Matilda

Suikyo
    @suikyo

Screenshot_2016-08-17-14-26-43.png

1. All birds have empty mastery bars.
    2. User name is Unnamed Player.
    3. All birds have complete sets.

But the banner also has a complete set.

Is it a new kind of CG team?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@suikyo
    Maybe thats the EPIC change :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.