Battery use

• Is it just me, or does the newest update of ABT on iOS draw a lot more power? When playing the game, I now notice my iPad getting noticeably hot to the touch. Not warm, but HOT. The battery is dying much faster than normal as well, even when the iPad is in sleep mode.

Could be many things, but I have never felt it HOTEL before…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

My iPad mini isn’t overheating, but yes it definitely seems like my battery life is significantly less than before.

That having been said, I don’t know if it’s due to the update to ABT v1.6.23 or if it’s due to the update to iOS 8.4.1, both of which occurred around the same time for me.

jman
    @jman

This has plagued me for awhile, I have noticed for awhile that it get’s quite warm while playing.

I have also noticed that after one update it would get very hot during gameplay, stay warm if I didn’t fully exit the game and drain battery within 4 hours with screen off. If i got a notification from ABT while charging with 1 amp charger phone would get warm and not fully charge on 8 hours. I spent days with back and forth with Rovio before I decided to Chuck the game. Yeah this game is a power hog and I’ve cooked the battery in my old phone and was charging 2-3 times a day because of the degraded life of battery.

Don’t know if it’s the same kinda deal with you, but li-ion battery’s don’t like to get hot. And just fyi, never charge a hot battery if you want to get the most out of it.

jman
    @jman

I am on android

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

+1

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.