Best way to earn Pig Iron and Birdium?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Best way to earn Pig Iron and Birdium?

• I’m finding it rather difficult to earn sufficient Pig Iron and Birdium.

From what I’ve seen they’re only available in the Easy and Medium missions, mainly in the 4h and 8h missions, and even then in generally small quantities.

And yet for the L12-L13 upgrade we need 50 units, and for the L13-L14 upgrade we need 60 units.

And there are no recipes that allow us to convert other materials into Pig Iron or Birdium.

In contrast, it doesn’t seem nearly as difficult to earn DG/AG or BP/AC especially since you have the ability to convert “lower level” materials into “higher level” ones, and relatively speaking you don’t seem to need nearly as much BP/AC to upgrade (although I suppose you could suck them away fairly quickly if you’re converting them to SR and gems).

So how are people managing this?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Dere isn’t any strategy to earn PI/BI.. Just play the regular nodes and Portals by using pigs to decrease the time and things will be manageable!!

Another thing is that you have just updated your app and hence you are using materials to get the 48 Energonicons which is depleting your materials but once you have all of them then it will become a bit easier for you to upgrade transformers and while they are upgrading you can gather the PI/BI.

Right now my average is 2 upgrades a day coz I have all the Energonicons but previously it was 1 upgrade a day and even sometimes 1 upgrade in 2 days.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The only Energonicons I’ve collected are the ones from the High Yield recipes plus a few random others, and not because I wanted the Energonicons but because I actually wanted to use those recipes to convert materials.

I’m not to concerned about Energonicons since the only ones I’ve been using are the shield and EMP anyway, whatever those are called.

I just think long-run it’s going to be a major pain in the ass to earn Pig Iron and Birdium. At least the others have conversion recipes if I run low. But I haven’t found any missions that earn more than 6-8 (and usually a lot less) of either at a time, so it’s a long slog.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I’ve found the same thing, Pig Iron and Birdium are a pain to accumulate – my strategy has been to use the Lab to get as many gems as possible and use these to buy any missing materials when I start a new upgrade.

@optimuspig
    – the vast majority of the Energonicons are pretty useless, I would recommend using Glassor though as it destroys pretty much all blocks etc, and these are where you tend to get the material gift boxes.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@cerpin

“my strategy has been to use the Lab to get as many gems as possible and use these to buy any missing materials when I start a new upgrade.”

Yeah, I’ve been considering that as well. I figure either 50 Birdiums or 50 Pig Irons should be worth around 120 gems? It’s actually not that hard to generate gems through conversion, so this may very well be the way to go.

“I would recommend using Glassor though as it destroys pretty much all blocks etc, and these are where you tend to get the material gift boxes.”

I’ve also noticed a lot of them tend to come from missiles that I shoot down.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Hard missions seem to provide BP/AC exclusively (although 8h and 12h will also toss you a few SRs) in addition to random amounts of coins / pigs / gems.

It just seems like Hard missions provide a lot more BP/AC, than the Easy or Medium missions do PI/BI or DC/AG.

I’m sure I’ll figure it out eventually. The only reason I’m more or less keeping up with the PI/BI right now is because I’m doing almost exclusively 4h missions to get them – but that’s a real killer on work and sleep!

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

If you remember 2 weeks back dere was downloading of some assets which changed the Portal timings from 7hr to 8 hr, since that the amount of PI/BI have increased in the Easy and Medium portals!!

For me collecting BP is a bit tough because all the recipes of collecting it requires SR and in Hard Portals it is mostly AC for me!!

Lastly my strategy is like I keep BI/PI/DG/AG max at 75, BP/AC max at 60 and SR max at 15, all extra is burnt in the lab and even in that I just avoid coins by using gems rest gems and materials are welcomed(even though I have that material in abundance still I collect it coz it will help me go for another round in the lab).

The recipes which I ONLY use in case of access of materials are

Excess PI: 3 PI (whatever result comes I collect, don’t use any gems)
    Excess BI: 3 BI (same as above)
    Excess DG: 1AC, 1DG, 1AG and sometimes 1DG, 2BP(when I am short of SR also)
    Excess AG: 1AG, 2 AC
    Excess BP: 1BP, 1AC, 1SR(only when SR is above 15) and 3BP
    Excess AC: 3AC
    Excess SR: 1BP, 2SR

I don’t like building surplus amount of gems so extra materials get me those and I upgrade my transformer for next to start, hence my gems hardly go above 150!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“… since that the amount of PI/BI have increased in the Easy and Medium portals!!”

So what you’re saying then, is that it used to be even worse? Yikes!

Sumit Arora
    @sumitarora15

Yes specially in the Medium Portals but at that time it hardly used to matter because the amount needed to upgrade the transformers was a bit low eg 40 or so but now I need 60 of them to upgrade it!!

Currently @R372 with just 5 transformers @L12 and rest all @L13, and the problem has actually started because the amount of materials needed for them are quite high which will affect my average of 2 transformers a day to 1 transformers upgrade a day!!

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Wow never had a problem with Birdium or Pig Iron, in fact both of those are back to 100 while I’m still working on refilling my autocogs deceptigears and the 2 processors, now granted I’m getting all my bots to level 13 right now so I’m doing 4 upgrades at 1 time (finish the first 3 with gems and let the 4th run its course) so I pretty much wipe out my silo but with 2 days its pretty easy to fill. I just run 4hr missions (shortened to 2 hrs with pigs) several times a day and then run an 8hr mission when I go to bed. Oh and anyone who isn’t using gold brick is really missing out. My record roght now is 125,000 coins for 1 gold dome.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Best way to earn Pig Iron and Birdium?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.