Bomb's Finisher Set unplayably bad

As I noted, I spun up Navigator a week ago, completing the Finisher set. I have been playing it exclusively for the past week, but no more. It turns out that the Finisher Set is unplayable. The individual items are fine: - The Hook gives +15% Hocus Pocus healing, and - The Navigator gives +8% Might. Both are useful effects, and either item may be used alone; unfortunately, it turns out that Bomb is actually *weaker* when he equips both items. Problem The problem is the "Finisher" Set Effect. Finisher does not do what it claims: "Chance of 50% to deal 548402 damage to a target with less than 20% health." Finisher replaces the normal damage with an amount equal to what it would take to KO the target, even if this amount would be less than the normal damage. Further, it fails to account for damage prevention, so it frequently leaves targets standing with a few health, instead of KOing them. This is confusing, as it does not conform to the given description nor player expectations. Finisher simply fails to KO opponents that should otherwise be KO'd. This is a unintuitively perverse result, as the expected result would be to increase power and increase KO results. It is an unacceptably bad design and it needs fixing, sooner rather than later. Comparisons When we look at Scissors, with a similar template of Hocus Pocus and Might, it has a 33% chance to do +40% bonus damage to all targets [+13% average]. This is not restricted to the single target, nor with limitations on the target's health. Similarly, if we look at Red's Dragonscale [45% of +75% = +33% average]and/or Blue's BEEP! Attack [45% of +25% = +11% average]. If we look at a single-target strike, Red's Banner Breaker has a constant 25% chance of doing 100% damage to the Banner [+25% average], while Blue's Artillery Strike does doubled Critical damage to the target [23% of +100% = +23% average]. From a power standpoint, Finisher is a 25% chance of doing average 600 damage, or 30% of power, 20% of the time [+1.5% average] against birds. Against banners, it's 25% chance to do average 1200 damage 20% of the time [+3% average]. This is, by far, the weakest set effect in the game. Recommendation Revise Finisher effect completely: "50% chance to deal additional +1% damage for every 1% of health lost by target." This works out to 50% chance for average 50% damage to a single target, roughly comparable to Artillery Strike, except that it has a small damage bonus on healthy targets and a bigger damage bonus on weak targets. That this is in addition to normal damage, so Bomb never does less damage than expected. This means there is no penalty for using the complete set. @roviohuzz, @roviobeni - I would appreciate it if you could look into this. Thank you.
Exit mobile version