Cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 1,378 total)
  • Replies
  • t_russell
    @tigerussell

@ryupower87 — Not all of the cheating methods were fixed in the update. At least one of them is server side fixable but hasn’t been tackled at present. It was possible to get to diamond even with the cheaters but not to place highly while there. Guess we’ll see what the next couple of weeks are like if things smooth out some.

@ryupower87, the update should be forced right now, so this behavior should be ending soon…

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

The objectives were available to me right after the week ended (2pm CST). Then at 7pm new objective began, at that point the 24 hour timer began and last night at 7pm objectives changed per the countdown clock. Currently clock is showing just over 12 hours to go.

Funny thing is I’ve been doing some serious grinding and am at 34,985 (4th place) and people have changed their name to top4cheating. Grant the top 2 are cheating, the 3rd place player and myself have been grinding for many hours with no big jumps in score.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Just a little info; if you know a way to still cheat in the arena, and have not in detail reported it to Rovio yet, please do that. They are right now actively receiving feedback from users about the new update (according to their twitter) so I think they are prepared for a quick update to fix whatever problems that are still lingering.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Anyone else notice that season one PVP was extended to 15 weeks?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@neomerlinmagic Yes, the extension of the season to 15 weeks has been mentioned several times on this site. I don’t think anyone is happy about it.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@neomerlinmagic; @kerravon I’m happy it’s been extended as after cheat exploits are removed it will allow time for a player to potentially win a week in the diamond league without cheaters stealing wins

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Well certainly people are still cheating the top two in my league had over 100k within a few hours.

I would hate having to play a few more weeks and certainly it’s just to get players to spend LC.

Oh God it’s true 15 weeks it is.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley It sounds as if the forced update only kicked in yesterday. Have the two cheaters on your board used their cheating method within the last day or so?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon yes. I finished last week and was forced to update before spinning the wheel which I did an hour or so later. The number 1 had almost 30k as I recall. However I have a screen shot just after midnight GMT which shows 50k. Two players have continued to cheat. I will upload a screen shot to my album. If I could post it I would.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley Thanks for uploading the screenshots. It looks like Martin has stopped playing for the moment. He has not cheated in the last day.

It is not possible to tell if Jorge did all of his cheating yesterday, before the update. Please keep an eye on this and take a daily screenshot of your leaderboard so we can see what occurs. Unfortunately he is in a position now that he no longer needs to cheat.

45,000 after 3 objectives is quite a lot of grinding. The leader in my level 16 game (also in diamond league) is only up to 28,000.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

WHAT??? 15 weeks??? At least I can guarantee getting to Diamond within the end of the season… ;-)

Has all cheating stopped?

I had a cheater at number one of my league (45K yesterday) but apparently he’s not umping ahead anymore and has stuck around this score…

@all, keep your eyes out and post all cheaters in here to see if the cheaters have finally been tackled!

I haven’t seen many hacked accounts anymore either. Except for bugged fights it seems that the worst problems are behind us now…

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Number 1 in my diamond league went from 35k to 265k yesterday, it makes me wonder if all have been forced to update.

@londojowo, okay, so we’re not rid of them! That’s a score editor… Damned.

Can you post a screenshot? Perhaps 2 screenshot which shows the jumps ahead if he does it again?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon @larry more in my album. Easy for me to grind this week. Leaders are not grinding.

I was forced to update before both spinning wheel and joining new league. I had closed Epic earlier in the day. If they had’nt closed perhaps they could continue playing. Without the update they would not have the trophy value so could they reach such figures without these?

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley @larry It looks like Martin was using the objective reset method, and that with the update he has stopped.

However, Jorge must be doing something different. To get those sorts of jumps (140,000 in a day) he must be doing something else. At 5,500 points per objective set, that is over 25 objective sets. Is that realistic for 1 day?

Lodz
    @lodz

Yesterday i fought with very interesting player…. and I won :) Look at his level.

LOC23
    LOC23
    LOC23
    LOC23

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@kerravon — There was at least one more reset method having to do with accounts that was even easier to use than the time zone method. It does not work for me so I can’t test it to see if it’s fixed. @partshade mentioned it was not fixed after 1.2.4 but I don’t know if he tested it against 1.2.5 25 resets would be no problem with that method.

I am currently monitoring the top 8 or so in my league to see 24 hour changes. Trying to grind some so I have a comparable number. Will post.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

@larry Here ya go. Top 2 are cheating, Logan and myself have been grinding/trading 3rd place back and forth.

Just another day with cheaters

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

I have one interesting oppenment like Lodz:Matilda with honey set lvl8 has 2873 health.But mine(lvl6) with max lvl set item has only 2078 health.Other birds have also impossible high health(Red 34??).Rovio works with players is the only way to find out more cheaters.

@tigerussell, I’m curious… I thought I knew them all. I know of at least one which may or may not be fixed, but that one is not as easy as the time zone exploit.

Anyway, this week I flashed my phone with a custom rom for completely different reasons (got upset with Samsung for f*cking up my battery life with crap updates) and I thought it would be a good idea to see what people were doing with the other types of cheats.

The method is surprisingly effective and has all to do with manipulating in-memory data. It’s not my primary device, nor do I use it to play epic normally (I’ve got a tab for that). However, I was able to adjust my scores directly on the leaderboard. (gave myself 15 extra points! lol)

I also tested (on a dummy account) giving myself millions of gold and xp. This went fine until I moved to another device. That’s when (almost!) everything got lost again. This means that Rovio did do some things to prevent cheating in this method, but clearly did not do a thorough job.

Obviously Rovio has not fixed everything.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Screenshot_2015-02-24-14-15-03.png

Screenshot_2015-02-25-14-04-21.png

Ten Minutes Later

Screenshot_2015-02-25-14-21-12.png

It would appear that all but two of my cheaters have lost their ability to do so. @londojowo It’s also interesting to see m1kel24 on someone elses’ leader board.

I was able to grind out 12000 points in the last 24 hours with very little FE usage and moderate game play. I think it would be safe to say anyone getting more than 20,000 a day is either very heavy grinding or still cheating.

@tigerussell, I take it that you’re sure they are not grinding right? I got myself 40K in 24 hours, so it is possible… Only jumps?

Just asking, since it would be really bad if objective resets are still working… This doesn’t look like score editing to me.

Have you sent it to Rovio as well?

@tigerussell, Oops, sorry, just noticed the line in between saying 10 minutes later. Okay, ehh, then are you sure that ehm… ?
    wow.

I’m very disappointed with Rovio.

I’ll see if I can figure out which holes they did and did not patch. (had not done that yet) I’ve got 2 devices to work with and one is rooted so I can do some silly stuff. I already received word of one objective reset method possibly still working. If any of you know anything for certain, let me know and I’ll check it.
    (methods only by private messages, need to be friends first!)

I’ll also make sure to send a detailed bug report and a bit of snot to Rovio. (yeah, no typo)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 1,378 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.