Goldbrick or Goldslam

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Goldbrick or Goldslam

• Which of these two do people use more regularly?

If you get the right level, Goldbrick is definitely a good one, but my experience is that there are very levels where it’s a great benefit. Most levels have one or two, maybe 3, if any, gold bricks, but lots of buildings to generate energon. So it just seems to me that using Goldslam is the thing to do, giving up the few levels that really benefit from Goldbrick for earning more on most other levels with Goldslam. That’s where I am, using exclusively Goldslam and giving up on Goldbrick.

Or is there some way to better predict when levels will have a lot of gold bricks?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • JLoABT
    @jloabt

@clh42

I almost exclusively use Goldbrick (except for pumpkin competition, Photoblast), and feel that it’s potential for scoring more coins is greater than Goldslam.

At “level 3,” Goldslam gives you 400 coins. So basically for every 3 “energized” objects/buildings you shoot to get energon, you can get at most this much. So for levels in Pig City where you typically get the most of these, you’d need to shoot 21 energon items to get 2,800 coins ((21/3)x400)=2,800, not possible on most nodes in the game where there might only be somewhere around 9-15 energon objects normally to power-up with, earning you just 1,200-2,000 coins.

Goldbrick, on the other hand, can get you 4x on everything you shoot, so between the missiles (gold missle = gold block), walking mortar towers (400 coins each at 4x), and hopefully at least a couple gold blocks for 1,000 coins each, it’s much more profitable on most levels to use Goldbrick, even if you’re shooting a lot of those items at 2x or 3x with a lesser power-up. Using a high level Soundwave or Energon Grimlock clears the screen fast and scores big coin.

After playing over 8,400 nodes in this game, I believe it’s random as far as which version of that node you’ll be playing each time, however there are definitely some levels that I recognize from the beginning that have more gold bricks than others, so I can go back out of the map and re-start the level with a different energonicon.

clh42
    @clh42

AH, thanks for the clarification. I didn’t realize that Goldbrick gave multipliers on everything. I thought it only multiplied actual gold bricks. I guess that does change things a bit.

I’ve been trying a period of using only Goldbrick, but since there were so few actual gold bricks in most levels, I found myself just stacking and stacking the Goldbrick tool and never activating it because I didn’t find any gold bricks. Thus I thought it was a total waste to collect all that energon and never use it. Sounds like you’re saying I should always activate it as soon as it’s charged to 3 and not bother waiting for actual gold bricks to show up?

Does collecting more energon beyond 3 before activating do anything for you, or is that just a waste? As I said above, should I always just activate it immediately when it’s charged to 3?

Thanks again!

JLoABT
    @jloabt

Beyond 3 makes no difference. Activate strategically when max coins can be achieved. Also nice, obviously, on Eggbot intercept. Up to 4000 coins per hit on tbe eggbot possible. (Heatwave level 15 with level 3 Goldbrick)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Goldbrick or Goldslam

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.