Community Chat – A Place for Weary Flingers

Home Forums The Bloated Pig Community Chat – A Place for Weary Flingers

• If you find yourself here because you are having trouble with a certain level, we are here to help you. We will provide positive reinforcement and troubleshooting for those that need it. If you just want to wind down after a long day of flinging birds and have a conversation with someone, we are here for you. Also, we do not like negativity. So if you are here to be nasty and foul, don’t try it. We need to promote a positive atmosphere. After all, positive words breed positive results. Come on in and pull up a stool. We are here for you.

The Inspiration behind The Bloated Pig

One day, on a random walkthrough on the Main Site, Kathy sent out a cry for help. Rdnzlrips82 answered the call and helped her get through the pestering level. A rather hilarious conversation about Batman ensued. I then merged the idea of Batman and Angry Birds. Kathy suggested we move the funny conversation to a discussion in the Forum. Rdnzlrips82 did and started the now famous, Bloated Pig.

The Whine Club

Do you have a level that is just not working with you? Have you spent countless hours or days on that level? Do you think a little “Whine” will help? Well, you have come to the right place. We are happy to announce the formation of The Whine Club. The club is open to all members of ABN and meets every Tuesday. So stop by, tell us what level is troubling you and wait for the Whine Factor to kick in.

If the whining becomes too much for your ears, feel free to use our complimentary Angry Birds Earplugs supplied by Kathy.

Menu & Drink Specials

If you would like to order food or drink, find a member of the @team. If an @team member is not available to take your order, Orange Bird (the bartender/cook) or The Blues (the waitresses) will be more than happy to take care of you. All items prepared by our beloved chefs, Sunshine and Angryboy. We use egg substitutes, not real eggs! If you want something made that isn’t on the menu, all you have to do is ask. :)

Menu

– E-Star’s Early Bird Special (the early bird always catches the worm) & Earl Grey Tea
    – Kathy’s Pig Muffin- English Muffin, Bacon, Egg and Cheese (to go! Gotta get to work).
    – Angryboy’s Cranapple Juice
    – Kartflyer’s Cappuccino
    – Burbman’s Mocha
    – Angry Advisor’ s Iced Coffee
    – Wrw01’s Burnt Toast and Coffee with Grasshopper Pie (to go)
    – Wanda’ s Peanut Butter and Bacon on Toast with Coffee
    – Laurence’s Hawaiian Pizza
    – Kathy’s Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
    – Mumsie’s Miso Soup
    – Kimmie’s Escargot
    – Karen’s Mac & Cheese with Canadian Bacon
    – Ripsy’s I’ll have one of everything! It all sounds good! Platter
    – Lesleyg’s Pork Chop with Apple Sauce
    – JLZ-666’s Colcannon
    – JLZ-666’s Secret Recipe Brownies ;D with Cristal!
    – Mvnla2’s German Chocolate Cake with Bacon
    – Bird Addict ‘s Cosmo (Cheers!)
    – Rat’s Utopia Mix

Drink Specials created by our beloved hostess, Kathy:
    Alcoholic
    – Peary Bird: (Vodka, Tuaca, B & B, Simple Syrup, Diced Pears & Nutmeg, shaken and double strained into a Cocktail glass, garnished with Orange Zest)
    – Angels Delight: (Gin, Grenadine, Triple Sec & Cream, shaken w/ice and strained into a chilled Cocktail glass)
    – Candy Cane: (Berry Vodka, Peppermint Schnapps, White Creme de Cacao & Grenadine shaken w/ice and poured into a Cocktail glass rimmed with crushed Peppermint Candy, topped off with Half & Half and a splash of Soda Water)

Non-Alcoholic
    – Angryboy Palmer: (Cranberry Lemonade & Georgia Sweet Tea poured over Golf Ball shaped ice in a Tall glass w/a Golf Club Straw)
    – Virgin Long Island ice Tea: (Tea, Apple Cider, Lemon Juice & Ginger Ale served in a Tall glass over ice & garnished w/a Lemon Slice)

All wine selections are meant to be paired with traditional Holiday foods.

– Schug Chardonnay 2012 (The 2012 Chardonnay Carneros reveals more hazelnut, honeysuckle and popcorn characteristics in a Meursault-like style. It also cuts a deeper, broader swath across the palate. With impressive purity, freshness and a touch of oak in the background, it should drink well for several years.)
    – Lake Breeze Sauvignon Blanc 2013 (This premium Chardonnay is barrel fermented in new French oak and then aged a further six months in barrel, while 30% of the blend remained in stainless steel. The result is a beautifully balanced wine with rich, ripe tropical fruit flavors.)
    – 2001 Harlan Estate (An American cabernet-based red that’s the equivalent of Bordeaux’s famous first growths. This dark, powerful stunner, comes pretty close. Its lush, sensual texture is a Harlan trademark.)
    – 2000 Littorai B. A. Thieriot Vineyard Pinot Noir

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • Replies
  • SweetP
    @sweetp

IMHO, I think it would be great to bring the Bloated Pig over here.

(Going to Rio was getting a bit annoying, but I did enjoy those yummy drinks!)

Brian N
    @briann

Have we been evicted?

Brian N
    @briann

I told Dan to pay the rent.

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

Yummy drinks still made, I hope

Not keen on the title “Community Chat”

How about “The Bloated Pig, Revisited..”

And a link from the old site, because just occasionally some old patrons drop in?

Brian N
    @briann

Community Drivel?

Brian N
    @briann

Hopefully there’ll be no mention of Classic black doggy poo bags in our new gaffe…er oops…

Brian N
    @briann

@catsnbirds you can still get to the old site by keying in Bloated Pig on the main search bar,at least for now.

catsnbirds
    @catsnbirds

@briann Thanks, I’ve been trying it out. Usually only takes me one trip to Rio to access the BP. And are you trying to make “ black doggy poo bags” the theme to the new site!?!

Brian N
    @briann

I’m sure @desperatedan would love that.

Brian N
    @briann

Hey d’ya reckon he’s gotten lost already?

Brian N
    @briann

Anyway there’s only one place to start vis a Vis the Juke Box.

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

I’m off to my VERY  expensive knee op, tomorrow

I’m hoping The Fall doesn’t become my ear worm!

Brian N
    @briann

Hope all goes well @hunnybunny,if I’d known that I’d have played Totally Wired.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Can someone just make a note of how many posts we got up to on the old site. It’s a shame to lose them all.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Right, just off for a walk with the Twiggalump. Well stocked with Classic.

catsnbirds
    @catsnbirds

160,343 Shows as the count before the move. Hopefully they won’t all be lost! @desperatedan

Brian N
    @briann

You’re so right @catsnbirds I’ve supplied so many wonderful gems they really should be preserved.

You have a thing for chocolate biscuits then @desperatedan ?Glad you found the key btw.

Brian N
    @briann

I won’t be trite and ask how you’re feeling @hunnybunny but just wondered if chateaubriand was on the menu?

Bet you can’t wait to go pubbing.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

It’s like a franchise reboot. Or Dr Who getting a new TARDIS. I’ve been wandering around to see if there are any bits that weren’t there before.  I don’t remember there being a swimming pool before. Or is it just an over-sized bird bath?

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Thanks for registering the count @catsnbirds.  If feels like if we lose the archive, we lose old friends as well. At least they will all be having a swinging time in Rio. But it will be sad to see them go.

Brian N
    @briann

I’ve noticed your moniker doesn’t show up in blue perhaps the hyphen is something new @desperate-dan ?

Brian N
    @briann

Ah yes.

Brian N
    @briann

So @karen68  as I was saying about AB Chrome before we kept being sent through a portal to Rio there are techinerds out there who love Angrybirds and have been trying for years to revive some of the old web games(for which I’m grateful as I never got a chance to play any of them).There’s a site called Yellowsuit who have revived ABC.

I do know scores were /are not permissable on the Nest leaderboards.I think some levels had extra birds and in some scores were generally higher.That’s why I thought Endurance may have tapped into that but then he mentioned Flock Favourites in a later post so realised that wasn’t the case.Anyway it seems his scores have been eviscerated by the wizzard with the wand.

Brian N
    @briann

So do these forums have  a limited number of comments per page or is it just one infernal er sorry eternal page?

Home Forums The Bloated Pig Community Chat – A Place for Weary Flingers

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.