Community Chat – A Place for Weary Flingers

Home Forums The Bloated Pig Community Chat – A Place for Weary Flingers

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • Replies
  • Brian N
    @briann

Hey @catsnbirds are you watching season 2 of The Rings of Power?There’s a lot of CGI going on but it’s still pretty epic for a TV series.Busy with ep 2 so no spoilers…Doderic…tsh!

Brian N
    @briann

Well that’s that conundrum sorted.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Twice as many crowns dispensed by this new location for the BP, it appears.

You obviously didn’t watch any of endurance’s crazy Angry Birds videos then @brianN. We in the West are missing out big time on the Naughty Christmas episode, for example.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Yeah, I have now joined the Hyphen Protection Society as well.

Brian N
    @briann

Yes I believe Chinese Seasons was quite different.Wonder if he’s been looking for Naughty Christmas on the leaderboard?

Brian N
    @briann

Shame my old BP avatar has gone.

catsnbirds
    @catsnbirds

@briann Haven’t started on Rings of Power yet, but it is on my watch list. Hoping it is good,🤞

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Any tennis fans out there. Men’s competition opening up a bit at US Open. Not sure about the best buns left in. Just checked on what Jack Draper will earn for getting to the fourth round (i.e. last 16).  $325k (£256k). That’s mad. Just nuts.

Brian N
    @briann

I thought you’d seen season 1 @catsnbirds?Anyway if you like Lord of the Rings/Hobbit you’ll like this.

catsnbirds
    @catsnbirds

@desperate-dan Tennis fan here. Sure are some surprises so far! I’m glad Ruud is still in the mix 🎾.

@briann
    Rings of Power has been on my watch list for quite a while, just haven’t got around to it yet. Lord of the Rings is my favorite movie ever (and I include all three films as parts of a whole), so I am happy to hear your positive recommendation.

catsnbirds
    @catsnbirds

Well, guess I jinxed Rudd.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Draper up to $530k (£418k) now.  Come on Jack!

karen68
    @karen68

Really enjoying the tennis. It will be very interesting with so many big names out on the men’s side.

I don’t think the women’s is a sure lock for anyone either.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Really strong home (i.e. US) showing. Can they get two finalists?  Please note, this is not a prediction. Only Twiggy makes those and she is asleep after a 5 1/2 hour trek in the mountains today.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Imagine climbing one of the highest mountains in the country, that has no easy routes up it, only to be met at the top by a very young girl who told me she was only four and had climbed Snowdon (which is the highest) the previous day.  I pointed out that Twiggy was also only four and had also climbed Snowdon. Touche. Four year olds don’t get one over me!

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Just turned on the Scotland/Australia T20 match and the first 14 balls I saw went 64664644464444.  66 runs in 2.2 overs. Guess who was batting?

Anyway, are you back in some sort of circulation @honeybunny? Hope all went well with the knee.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Jack Draper up to $1m (£789k) now. Not bad for just 15 sets of tennis.  Although in 2021 Emma Radacanu won $2.5m for playing only 14 sets which is in all probability the best dollar per set rate in the entire history of tennis.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Oh, I see it now. Nobody comes here any more because they thing it’s a counselling service and not a pub.

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

I’m here!

Recovering, slowly, watching the tennis and my leg getting more and more swollen, and more and more bruised as the days go past…

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

I think we need a picture of the glorious technicolour.  On second thoughts, probably not. Hope you are soon back on those pub crawls.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Last one out, turn off the lights.

catsnbirds
    @catsnbirds

Hmmmmm, conversational activity sure has fallen off since the move here. Everyone must be very busy with end of the summer activities!

@bunnybunny Hope the swelling has gone down in your knee. Post-surgery demands lots of patience (and who wants to be that patient!).

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

bunnybunny!  I love it @catsnbirds.

Well, I can talk to myself I suppose. Gearing up for some very expensive dental treatment that may match that of the knee (I’m not kidding!). Deciding how to mark Twiggy’s fifth birthday next week. Extending my Wordle streak past 720. Wondering why one of my tyres is flat. Girding my loins to load up ultra sharpshooter proof of a 48 level episode. Ironing. Ordering a 4000 piece jigsaw (what has my life become?). Wearing trousers again rather than shorts. Studying the US election. Playing dominoes with Tom Hanks in the Lurkers (sic) Lounge. All these very busy end of summer activities.

catsnbirds
    @catsnbirds

@desperate-dan Oops, typo! But I do kinda like the double bunny. Dental treatment, ugh. It is especially hard if it affects eating for any significant amount of time. Fifth birthday for Twiggy = treats and walks and pets. What else does a dog desire!?! Here in Michigan it is still shorts weather…thanks to changing climate.
    Presidential debate last night. I’m not going to jump into political commentary, just let me state that I am a proud childless cat woman.

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

I just enjoyed some orange toast for breakfast.

And does being a one-child parent dog man make me your exact opposite?

Home Forums The Bloated Pig Community Chat – A Place for Weary Flingers

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.