Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 411 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@steven-dunn-5648 — I’m using an iPad 2 running IOS 7. I will try for 72 hrs. Not sure I can make it exactly, but will try to be as close to 72 hrs as possible (on the high side)/

Anonymous

@steven-dunn-5648 I’m using Samsung Galaxy S4 which is an Android system. I plan on joining 72 hours later which is Wednesday for me.

Anonymous

Do I claim my rewards NOW though?

Anonymous

Never mind I just read the post again a answered my own question.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

No problem claiming my award. It was a little bit strange because the ranking summary board filled up with unnamed players. at first I was worried because on the list I was showing at number 15 with 35 points. yes that means I only played 1 battle be in tire week. However once I went to spin for my award I was in first place and advanced to the next level. I think they were just confused how to represent a league with only 1 member.

So overall it was a success, I will be checking back in a couple of hours to make sure I am still the only member.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I have an iPad mini with iOS 7.1.1 I will claim my reward around 24 hours late and start playing within a couple of hours after that. I don’t mind spending more time in Gold as I had a hard time finding opponents and am not ready for Platinum but would like to avoid blatant cheaters. I’ll keep you updated when I do join.

Snarky
    @snarky

Hi @senigami,

I will give this a go. Appreciate your work testing all of this.
    I thought I was in a mostly “honest” group this last week, however the cheaters were just laying low until it got to the last day… :-( Managed to finish around fifth, however was contesting third and using LC to keep grinding for position, so yet again cheesed off with people and esp. Rovio for not building more robust/secure apps!).
    I will wait a couple of days before claiming this morning’s prize, then another 24 hours before the first battle.
    I use an HTC One M8 running Android 4.4.4.

Cheers, Snarky

@steven-dunn-5648, I’ll go for 48 hrs. I’ll await other posts on progress as well.

Android, Samsung Galaxy tab 4.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@mimi27, Please re-read my instructions. If you start a few hours later then you nullify the experiment. you must wait an additional 24 hours from claiming your prize before starting a battle.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

update, 2 hours in and I’m still alone. Only checking for the briefest of time. I’ll check again in another couple of hours. It is looking good that this method may work even on the first day. I claimed my prize 5 min after week’s end.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@steven-dunn-5648 Thanks for posting your results. A bit of a worry seeing you were listed as number 15 at the end. I wonder why that was. But you have success.

I won’t be joining this experiment. I am in gold league and have no intention of going higher with my current team (rank 8 and 9 birds). I had to do a bit of searching last round in the gold league to find opponents for battles. It would be much worse for me in platinum league. So I am happy to stay put, and I do not want to risk going up to the next league.

I will just be starting late like I did last round. I had no cheaters on my board last round and could have progressed if I desired. I managed to get all my objectives and avoided getting the Sea Dog and Thunderbird objectives, which are my normal downfall.

Oh, and I believe @mimi27 just wants to do the same as me (stay in gold), but avoid cheaters. That’s why she plans to delay her start.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

@steven-dunn-5648 Count me in (iphone 4S IOS 7), althought i ended first this week, took lot of grinding, one player trying to snatch first place by cheating last 15 min, really sad, what kind of person are you then (he was already save in 2nd place, for 400 extra snoutlings really!!!), but i was prepared for that, saved the 1500 obj just incase, had a feeling that was going to happen. I’ll consider this week as a vacation week with hopefully an easy go to the next league

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@kerravon, I believe that the only reason I was 15 was because the program is not designed for single player leagues and hit a display error when rendering the output. That is why every player was unnamed with no image. They had random scores. But when generating the placement the null players did not factor and I was still in first place.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

@steven-dunn-5648, @kerravon It is correct that I don’t want to move up a league from gold, just avoid cheaters. I’ll try delaying my entry by 24 hours, then see what happens. I’ll miss a day of objectives, but it seems like there’s enough players (at least three in each round) who don’t put forth any effort that I won’t risk dropping back into Silver. I’m sorry for misunderstanding your directions, so I won’t be part of this formal experiment, but I’ll still report in on the status of my league using a 24 hour delay.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@larry @all 41 level players in diamond league, I will join Arena tonight two hours before you. Would like to be on same leaderboard as you and have fair competition.

@cosmo2503, yeah, would be good to have some friendlies on the boards. Keep in mind though that we do not expect to manipulate the leaderboards. We’re trying to figure out how the boards work. Me could end up alone on a board with a guaranteed winning… That’s no fun either, but it gives some insight in how the system works. But you’ll never know, maybe we will get a board to ourselves this time…

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Starting just three hours late last week worked out alright for me. Our one obvious cheater stopped playing on Thursday and let us all pass him up. With just .5 hours to go I had a slim lead over second place (250) or so. I finished in second over all, I don’t know if our cheater made a fast comeback at the end or if I was legitimately passed.

After that week of a tough grind I did advance to Diamond, coasting this week since there isn’t anyplace left to go. Started four hours late, again only one obvious cheater though for the life of me I can’t see the point. The wheel rewards are not worth cheating over. Arena GPM was nice to me and gave me the frost set this morning, should make it easy to float along.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I’ll give it a try. I started the League on Sunday at 5PM EST. I am going to join a league on Tuesday or Wednesday (Stone League).

Android Droid Razr Maxx HD.

BTW… Is it okay to roll the Golden Pig in the Arena (after claiming your previous arena prize), but NOT join an arena fight?

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@strategia55, I would recommend not hanging around in the area during if you can help it during the 24 hours between claiming the prize and the first battle. I mentioned that I have been joined to a league in the past just hanging around on that screen without playing a battle. I believe playing golden pig would join you to a league. If you want to try the experiment I would not play the GP.

On a side note, the game that I started only minutes after the start of the week, (using the method described) is still going well as a solo team. In a few more hours I will hit the 24 hour mark and then I’m going to spend some time in there on the GP and doing battles to see if I will join up to other players. Still trying to work out what the rules are for joining a league. Who knows, perhaps this is creating a unique signature for an arena and we will see each other.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

Too late. I claimed two Golden Pig Rolls this morning , but it was still 14 hours after the last event began. I’ll wait till tomorrow or tomorrow night to start.

At least this time, we can test someone that’s rolled their GP and starts one to two days later.

Maybe next time I’ll not even enter the arena until two days have passed.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@strategia55, that will be good. One point of this experiment is to try different things to explore the effects of their results. I look forward to your report.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@strategia55, @steven-dunn-5648, — I think I’ve noticed that if you don’t claim your daily rolls from friends, they will be there when you return. Don’t think this is true for the free rolls from watching an ad.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

My results: I entered the arena 27 hours after finish and claimed my prize. I started a battle and was the only one on my board. I played for half an hour and met all my objectives, still alone on the board. I went out for a couple of hours and came home to find myself in 10th place with 1st place already having 37,000 points.

So my question would be–did I get added to a League in process with people who had all played since Sunday, and if so, why did it take so long for me to get added? Or were we all assembled piecemeal with our individual scores and put into a league once there were enough of us?

In any case, since I’m not really looking to move up to Platinum, next time I will wait about 6-8 hours so I miss the first wave but I don’t miss my first set of objectives.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mimi27 It looks as if you have not avoided cheaters. You can’t get 37,000 points after just 2 or 3 sets of objectives. Does the rest of your leaderboard have more normal scores – consistent with 2 or 3 sets of objectives?

I think we are still trying to work out how the boards are set up and how players are placed onto boards. This morning when I started, I was not on a board and it was only after a half hour or so that I was placed onto a board (I think this is pretty normal). And the board had players who had completed one or two sets of objectives, so it’s not just recently joined players. There must be a period of time after which they update existing boards and/or start new boards.

We also don’t know what the trigger is that makes the Rovio system aware of you and decide that you should go onto a board. From the latest experiments, it appears this is not the time when you claim your rewards, but is more likely related to when you enter the arena and start fighting battles. But this is still unknown.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

I am still alone in diamond league level 41. I claimed my rewards within first hour last week tournment ended but didn’t stat battles. I entered first arena battles at 6 p.m CET yesterday, completed my first set of objectives and completed second set of objectives this morning, before I went to work. I’ll see what would happen next 8 hours.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Join the Birdsnest Arena leagues!

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 411 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.