Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 2,263 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

@graugeist is this just an observation or do you have mathematical evidence? I seem to remember there was a thread about this and some players collected data on a thousand or so tosses. The conclusion was that it is random.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I seriously doubt that data was segmented to track bird mastery.

People can believe what they want, but my experience shows otherwise.

If you don’t believe me, do a bunch of Piggy fights and see how often you go first vs Mastery 1 birds. If you’re going 50-50, I’ll be surprised.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — I agree with @bubbley — Since you’re the one that is claiming that the odds aren’t equal, I think you should be the one to collect the data. : )
    I did run 20 Piggy battles and got 43% Piggy first. However you need a minimum of 100 or more to tell anything, and 1000 or more is better.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’ve run a lot of battles, and when I dominate my opponent, I go first more often than 50%. That’s all.

sata
    @satanicoo

Glad to see my tip on spending 5 LC on mastery reroll is the best for LC efficiency like i said months ago.

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist that is actually a very interesting point you raise. I don’t have the data either but have been wondering recently since the new update came out about the very thing. Previously I outranked most of my foes and seemed blessed with uncanny luck but now with the shard upgrading I have noticed a significant shift with many of my adversaries being equal or higher in ranking. This bears more input…if only dr_ishmael were still around

Fluffy
    @fluffyjesus

@graugeist I believe I do have data to support your claim.

Since week 6 of the fourth season, I’ve been collecting the results of the coin flip and the wheel spin at the beginning and end of every arena battle I’ve played. So far, I have a minimum of 20 battles per day (min 140 per arena week) to now, making it a little in excess of 1k+ flip and spin results.

My primary objective was to see if the wheel spin for a 3 star battle really imparts the grand prize at its 37.5% theoretical rate (and it roughly adheres to this figure so far). While with the coin toss, sometimes I use the reconnect method to face a relatively weaker arena team. While I haven’t tabulated and treated the data for this section yet, an overwhelming majority of the time I do win the toss (somewhere in the region of 70%+ if I had to hazard a guess).

If your theory is somewhat true, it may possibly weight your weakest bird’s power against the strongest bird’s power of the opponent.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@graugeist
    I can understand your suspicions but that would mean that the reverse should also be true, ie you’d get to start more often if you were the weaker team?! If so I can’t see that it is correct since I usually take on every fight that comes up and they are usually 50-100 points above me. So far the toss is very close to 50%

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Well, regardless of whether bird Mastery (just levels, not overall team rating) affects the coin flip, between Druid hitting 12 and adding Frost Savage at 1 yesterday, I have the same number of hats to raise up to 12.

Looking forward to getting 6k mastery at the end of the event – it’ll put more than a couple birds to the next level.

Anonymous

@mvnla2
    When you get a single class to level 12, do you still get the 15 LC offers for that bird in the dojo?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@poptimus — If you only get a single class for a bird to level 12, you still get the 500 mastery for all of that bird’s classes for 15 LC. Of course, you are paying more for the mastery for the remaining classes. BTW spending LC on the “mastery for all” is not very cost effective, especially not the 15 LC for all of a single bird. If you really want to spend LC in the Dojo, you might want to spend 5 LC to get a new set of offers. Of course, I am assuming you have farmed enough snoutlings that you can buy all the offers presented.

Anonymous

@mvnla2
    Oh, I’m only actually accepting the snoutling offers. You’re correct to assume I have plenty of those. Was just deciding whether I should focus on mastery for specific classes or not. Obviously, the answer is ‘not!’
    Thanks for the feedback! Any insight on the arena questions in the forum topic I started earlier too?

Anonymous

@mvnla2
    Aaah, right. I vaguely remember seeing you say that before, now. No worries, thanks again!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just discovered that Railbird 11, Witch 7, and Frost Savage 5 can win SRC on autoplay! Well at least some of the time. These are my highest priority birds right now. I was playing SRC with Railbird, Spies, and Frost Savage 4, and they could never get past the wizard.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 Thanks for that… I’d never have guessed that was doable! Really good to know!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde — Just so you know — some of the time turns out to be more like 10 or at most 20%. Of course I was really excited because it happened the first time I tried it.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

After X-mas, I got a few bumps:
    10 10 12 12 10 10 Red
    12 11 12 12 9 9 Chuck
    10 11 11 11 10 8 Matty
    11 11 10 11 12 5 Bomb
    11 12 11 12 9 Blues

8x M12, so that’s 21 I still need to grind on, but the SRC nerf makes it a lot less appealing.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 All my birds are at rank 12 except the 3 newest ones. I can beat SRC the majority of the time with Illusionist 10 Reborn, Witch 9 Cleansing Light and Frost Savage 5 Sugar Rush. However about 1/3 of the time I have to take it off auto-play on wave 5 because one or two of my birds gets knocked out. My Witch is always the last one to get knocked out. With careful play the Witch can defeat Wiz Pig on her own. Right now it is fun to have the one on one battles with Wiz Pig. The set items I’m using are between rank 0-3 and my Witch’s set is only rank 1.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — I missed the fact that SRC has been nerved. What happened? I haven’t really been paying attention to the mastery per battle.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

More that Wizpig was buffed, so not everything autoplays like it could before.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@graugeist
    Hmm, I didn’t see SRC as nerfed because I still can clear it via auto play and half of my birds flock is at level 11 and other half is at 12. (With exception savage is at 6)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I still have 10s that used to autoplay, and then couldn’t.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

Are mastery points assigned per bird, per kill or does the whole team get the same amount?

George

Atom
    @atom

@george-hoenninger looks like all birds get the same mastery for each level. I just ran SRC a few times and tracked each time and each bird was rewarded the same amount each time.

Zybar
    @george-hoenninger

Thanks for letting me know.

I thought was the case, but wasn’t sure.

George

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 626 through 650 (of 2,263 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.