New Event – Warpath

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Warpath

• Here he is! An event with the new bot Warpath (as was more or less expected).

warpath-event.jpg

This event uses one bot and energonicons.

The bonus squad is Support, consisting of Grapple, Drag Strip, Greenlight and of course Warpath itself.

All these bots are also in the exchange with accessories.

Good luck and have fun!

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Got Warpath for 750 gems.

Normally a new TF costs me 1,000 gems.

But I usually also get an accessory out of it.  This time all I got were some Sparks and coins.

Traveler
    @traveler

Warpath cost me 2,000 gems.  Also got 35,000 sparks and one accessory, 10% cool down.  This is the first time a new bot cost me this much.  In the past it was 1,000 gems for purchase.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

My offer is 2000 gems.  It’s always been 1000 in the past.  If this is the new norm, I guess I am finally done, since I won’t be able to unlock any new bots.  Oh well.

Geli
    @geli

Usual initial cost is 5000 gems with a 2000 gem offer on the 5th or 6th day of competition.  Got ten same offer as posted above and spent the 2000 gems.  Could not pass on that offer; firmly believe the cost rise to 5000 had I not taken it at 2000.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’d be interested to know how R/E determines the pricing model for new TFs.

ph
    @ph

Still have initial offer of 2k.  Wondering if I will get the 1k offer later, like I was before.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Unicron is finally back.  Except that he showed up on run #11, which is a little unusual (although not unheard of).

Boss Pig also made an appearance.

Geli
    @geli

Read an ABT Facebook post that the cost for a new TF is now linked to the amount of gems one has in their stash.
    I read this on the internet, so caution is urged.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@geli

Yeah, that can’t be correct.

I’m not going to disclose how large my gem hoard is, but it’s significantly greater than the 750 gems I paid to get Warpath.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

So is warpath any good/worth trying to unlock?  I’m only trying for the good ones these days.  I’ve previously passed on offers to get grapple and the other green character in this squad for 1,000 gems each; now Rovio thinks maybe I will want to pay 2,000 each for them 🤷🏻‍♂️

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@fortressmaximus Yes. From what I saw of him he might be one of the best in the game.

Use the “Try Me” bot to test him yourself. Just make sure you hard close the game before you finish the run so you won’t lose the charge/be entered onto the leaderboard.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

That kind of sucks.  I don’t like to promote more than one TF in each squad, and I’ve already fully promoted Grapple.

But if Warpath really is that much better (and let’s face it, Grapple kind of sucks), then I may have to.

Pako
    @pako

@optimuspig, Grapple is so bad that I had to promote Drag Strip to have a chance to buy Warpath with tokens.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

It’s not that hard to get warpath when playing grapple with tokens.. (almost red crown) 

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@deindiaan

It also depends on who’s in your grouping.

I’ve learned to start my day at particular hours to avoid certain players.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m also starting to see 2-3 green crown Warpaths in my groups.

His main weakness appears to be weapon cooldown.  I’ve taken him on several test runs and he can’t kill a WMT before his weapon goes into cooldown (similar to the issue that Scorponok has).  The weapon will start up again in time to kill the WMT before the WMT shuts down, but by then there isn’t enough time remaining if there are multiple WMTs on the screen.

Currently got him at L10, curious how much taking him to L15 and fully accessorizing will help.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’d say that overall he’s still better than Grapple, although Grapple would definitely be better on Missiles Day and my guess is Grapple is also better against Boss Pig.

For the same reason: he moves so slowly that you can get more targets.  I can also see Warpath accidentally killing Boss Pig too early in the run.

Pako
    @pako

Drag Strip makes nothing out of Boss Pig, it only needs 2-3 shots to vaporize it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Warpath is absolutely worthless in the Spark Run.

Main issue is the incredibly long cooldown period, even when fully accessorized.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

I ended up unlocking warpath on day 4 of the event.  For whatever reason,  I came in first every day but one and never recharged more than twice.  This with only 600% promoted drag strip.  Normally I am incredibly lucky to finish first once in a week.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I had Warpath unlocked from Day 1, but it wasn’t until Day 5 that I started using him in runs (that’s when I had him up to L11).

So much better than Grapple.

In the end I had almost 16,000 tokens.

Only came in 1st place on three days, but I wasn’t motivated enough to fight it out on the other three days.

Maxed out the Challenge twice.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

The Gold Box I opened was pretty good, got some gems, some sparks, and Overpowered Hound to L18.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Event – Warpath

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.