No Longer Playing ABE – Here is Why

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum No Longer Playing ABE – Here is Why

• Some may have noticed I haven’t shown up here in a long while. I threw in the towel on ABE since it appeared to:

A. Have lots of unfixed bugs.
    B. Not be going anywhere new.
    C. Player vs Player just wasn’t any fun (whoever got the first turn usually won)
    D. I had maxed out everything except…
    E. After months of play, I manged to get DOZENS of the same set items and never got even one of others.

In summary, ABE lost its appeal. In contrast I still play Words With Friends and am now a heavy Clash of Clans (and Boom Beach) player.

For those who have also (or are about) to walk away from Angry Birds Epic, perhaps this would be a good spot to explain what made you give up on the game.

I still sometimes play other Angry Birds (Rovio) games, but that’s pretty rare, too.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Nothing
    @autobird

i feel your pain. i stopped playing epic long ago because i thought it was unfair that the pvp arena forced you to compete against players usually levels higher than you.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I am going to retire as soon as all 25 classes got level 10.
    Cheaters on the tournament simply ruin it
    As OP said, except you have 41/10 and the latest set items, you’re ready to lose when you see dreaded “enemy start” and it appears 80% of time
    Getting set items is simply no fun. Why don’t the McCool shop selling it for 30 gold coins for each?
    There’s no more expansion on the field screen and the cave gets boring
    I already got 906 and done everything including main story and caves

I have spent almost $100 to get gold coins and used timezone workaround to get another 5000. This is more than enough expense for the game.

scruffydork
    @scruffydork

I’m definitely ready for new levels to play. I agree that the PVP is boring.

Like a lot of players, I’ve gotten three stars in every level and my experience is 41. All my birds are levels nine and ten. I see no point in getting level ten for all of there are no new levels to play.

I’m really hoping for new caves at least after this first PVP tournament ends. It’s gone on way too long.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

I’ve also lost the steam to play it. Whenever i want to reinstall and replay it, it goes on crashing.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Sent link to this thread to Peter Vesterbacka at Rovio. His response to earlier tweet was that he plays Epic and hates cheaters as much as we do, and that Rovio needs to fix it.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@mingkee27 I’ve been tracking my coin tosses since v1.2.3. I’m currently at 14% I start, 86% enemy start.

@whiteasice, @mingkee27, I’ve recorded 218 coin tosses. I come out at 103 (47,25%) in favor of the opponent…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@larry — Do you mean the coin toss actually favors you?

Anonymous

@whiteasice @larry @mvnla2 I didn’t keep track of it but before the update I hardly ever (And I mean like a 5% chance) LOST the toss. It was great because I could always wipe out the birds with Chucks rage attack. Now it seems 50/50.

@mvnla2, only slightly at the time of the post. Basically what I am trying to relay is that the coin toss really is 50/50, not 86% as mentioned by others.

It is mostly psychology actually. You tend to remember the failed battles more than the easy ones. The easy ones where you win the toss are usually over quickly and losing the toss will cause you to spend more time in battle, with a bigger chance of losing. If you spend 10 fights with the lost toss and another 10 with a winning toss, it feels like you lost a lot more than the 10 actual losses. That is why it is important to record this sort of stuff before publishing percentages.

You sometimes get a long row of tosses with many losses which fits perfectly well within the statistical probabilities. This long row gives someone the impression that more tosses are lost than won. Although that may be the case on a day, you probably had or will have another day with mostly tosses in your favor.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum No Longer Playing ABE – Here is Why

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.