Rovio Classics: Angry Birds has arrived!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Rovio Classics: Angry Birds has arrived!

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • GubbyMan
    @gubbyman

Anyone else stuck with only 2 stars on 1-7? I spent a lot of time on it without any success. Then I booted up the old game on my old iPhone and got 3 stars twice in a row. It’s sad that the physics changed because it makes some of levels unbalanced.

@SweetP
    I still think this needs its own leaderboard.

sparty83
    @sparty83

@gubbyman, i was able to one-bird it for 48k and 3 stars. it took a long time but i finally was able to.

if you think these are different, wait until you get to Ham’Em High. It’s the opposite. In less than a day, I was able to quickly get 3 stars on all levels, 7 overall top scores and topped my Original total by 80k (which i spent countless hours playing as each chapter came out). Since they don’t appear to be making a separate leaderboard, I entered those top 7 scores and jumped to #69 overall.

In my opinion, it doesn’t seem right to be able to cherry pick scores between the 2 different versions, which I did do. Now that people are able to enter scores from the new version over their Original scores, I don’t think there is any going back. (also, they are posting new walkthrough vids on the original leaderboard)

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Since, as has been described in some detail by @sparty83, Classic scores are significantly different from ABO scores, I have decided that, in the absence of new leaderboards,  not to add Classic scores to the existing leaderboards. Instead, for top scores and new methods, I will register these on the walkthrough pages. I will add scores temporarily for any Challenges though.

I know a few of the top flingers have already decided not to add Classic scores., seeing them as akin to a new PU. Everyone to their own, but that’s my stance to avoid over corruption of the lists.

sparty83
    @sparty83

@desperate-Dan,  As Sparty83, I have not entered any Classic scores. As my alter-ego, Sparty83_2, I have entered classic scores. If it’s a top score, I deleted it. (i did this primarily for the ability to compare Original to Classic scores)

Since Classic has been out for over 2 weeks and the admins have not even made any sort of announcement, I believe there is zero chance they will make a separate leaderboard for classic. If they ever decide to, then I will delete those scores and move them to the new leaderboard.

In my opinion the @admins silence on this is deafening. No official word on how to address the new classic scores. ( but since an admin changed the leaderboards to allow scores that do not end in zero, implies that there will not be a new leaderboard and they are ok with classic scores loaded into the Original leaderboard)

jrsquonk
    @jrsquonk

My ABO went belly up with the latest Android update.  So I got the AB classic.  We do need a new leaderboard for this one, as it plays and scores differently.  It’s missing parts of ABO as well.  Could the powers that be set one up?

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Think the horse may have bolted on this one. It’s not a huge issue as Classic scores are easily identified (9 times out of 10) and opportunities for improvement are patchy. Probably need to what Rovio do next although I see little appetite for re-entry of hundreds of scores. Don’t think a separate list will work, unfortunately.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Rovio Classics: Angry Birds has arrived!

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.