Under Looked Classes

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under Looked Classes

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

Gotta love how Rovio sets the relative value of some of these classes…

IMG_0930.PNG

Of course I purchased both.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

Actually I’m trying to escape from my own “adventurer self addictive loop” of playing
    – Paladin elite equipped with Dragon Breath
    – Rainbird with Twin Lightning set

for both general porpouse snoutlings farming and Caves explorations.

During these days,I’m trying to abuse of Druid elite with Sweet! coupled to Skulkers elite dealing damage through BEEP Attack! It works against any non Boss, non huge single enemy opponent. Druid Will heal both while both of them will harm swarms constantly.

On the other hand, I found Treasure Finder elite plus thunderbird elite with set-reset to deal with any slow and recharging opponent like bosses or huge opponents. I have them at mastery level 30-31 and I defeated any one of them, aside from big boss cave 19.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

During the week, I tried this unusual arena team combination just for fun.

I realized soon how strong it is because I have been able to easily kill better equipped opponents.

The “in-game weight” of this weird but effective birds’ interaction put a lot of pressure on the other team and shrink to the maximum the needed time/kicks to beat them down.

TEAM

-Power ~3950

BANNER

– Valiant head/body set L71/E4

– Mystic diminished healing flag L71/E4

SKULLKERS elite M80/L41

– Beep robot weapon set L71/E4

WITCH elite M80/L42

– Enduring chant weapon set L72/E4

BERSERK elite M80/L42

– Finisher weapon set L72/E3

Main features:

– opponent’s team can’t recover through healing power. any life points taken could not be efficiently gained back.

– skullkers secondary ability is usually the most efficient way to start the game: it lowers opponents defences letting you deal more damages for a couple of rounds;

– witch secondary ability on banner is my most efficient second move if you want to fuel the subsequent berseker overpowered mass attack;

– berserker secondary ability targeting the now “inflated” banner will put a lot of damages on the enemies, almost completely slaying birds with 4000+ life points;

– skullkers can kick with his strong attack when needed but you can opt for him abusing of the witch curse on enemies, too

– matilda weapon set trigger chilirage with a massive curative effect and help healing the self damaged banner;

– both berserker, skullkers and witch hit hard when needed: skullkers first, then witch and then berserker. this order optimize the skills of each of them.

– mistic protection let you survive opponents’ first turn without losing more than a single bird under his raging attack. usually skullkers went killed first. anything written before could be played nor you can decide to apply a different strategy, if needed, with the two remaining birds. as soon as you have skullkers back online, you will let him attack and you can apply the previously described routine soo after.

– valiant let birds replace themselves quicker after being killed, putting online the described routines more frequently.

– I usually hit the opponent’s banner with all my birds, especially because a lot of secondary damage on birds comes out through weapons/birds abilities

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

I use Princess all the time in Arena, unless the other team has something that makes them immune to negative effects.

She makes all opponents be only able to my banner, which I can then heal with her. My birds rarely die because they can rarely be directly attacked. Which means they can take out birds on the opposing team, meaning that at any given time I usually have more birds alive than my opponent. And that is a large advantage.

Pointless
    @pointless

Princess’s healing is not enough to keep a Banner standing. Use Witch, in combination with Valiant, not an issue if one’s Birds don’t even survive an initial hit.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

Hasn’t been a problem for me. Remember, at least one of the opposing birds is dead almost always, many turns opposing birds use a support skill instead of attack, and the rage chili can be used on Matilda to heal a large amount when necessary.

Pointless
    @pointless

@e5c4p3artist
    If there is a strategy in place to make Princess’s force worthwhile (barring Mana as you have suggested), then the Class can be viable. There are many more effective options out there, however. Do you have all the Classes?

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

I do have all classes, but not all are Elite. I do use other strategies besides this one as well. But I have actually found it very effective to force attacks away from my birds, keeping them all alive as much as possible.

I should mention that I do typically tend to use Elite Paladin when I use Princess, which provides extra healing. It should also be noted that the Princess class has the largest heal of any of Matilda’s classes, if all levels are equal.

Another strategy I employ, with tough enemies (non-Arena) is to couple Princess with Samurai. Matilda forces all attacks to Red, who both has a lot of health and 50% reduction from his shield. Then Matilda and the other bird (typically Sea Dog, Tricksters, or Rouges) clean up until only one or two enemies are left. At that point, Red starts to attack and Matilda can heal every one up for the next round of battle during the last few moves.

Pointless
    @pointless

You are simply not healing the Banner enough for this to be an effective strategy. How much damage is being dealt per turn? Far more than a Princess can heal, regardless if she has “the largest heal”, in which we are assuming a Bird heal. Not so at all if we are considering a Banner heal from Witch. Hit hard with a Red or a Bomb, coupled with a Chuck Rage and let Witch keep your Banner healthy for the 3-Star.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

I don’t know what else to say. I am not talking theoretically here. I use the strategy all the time and get three-star ratings most of the time. You don’t have to like the strategy, but I’m afraid I am going to continue to use it. :)

You have made me curious about the Witch class though. According to her description she increases the attack power and health of a target, but it doesn’t say she actually heals a target. If that were literally true, who cares if a bird’s health bar is 20% longer if he still only has 1 point of health left. From what you are saying, the description must not be literally true, so I will experiment around a bit.

Pointless
    @pointless

I am certainly not talking theoretical here, proven over and once more in game. Read these pages, if you have the inclination, and you’ll see what I am getting at. I don’t mean to completely brush off your strategy, as these differences make the game interesting :)
    Witch for Banner heal, no more, as her buff on a Bird is next to useless.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

if you use splash damage or mass effect damage, princess is useless.
    any competitive team use both damage typolgies.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

We are going to have to A2D on Princess. But make sure you try a team of Paladin, Princess, and one of {Sea Dog, Rogues, Tricksters} some day when you’re bored. As long as your opponent isn’t using Chuck’s mana set, that is. You just might be surprised.

On another note, I used Witch in a few arena battles and I see the benefit. Using her on allies with very high health (like the banner) is quite effective. Thanks for pointing that out! It has definitely been an underused class for me.

Pointless
    @pointless

Lol…another poignant Pointless point?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Under Looked Classes

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.