Unsupported Devices

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Unsupported Devices

• I have been playing ABT on my Samsung Note 1 (SGH-i717) since launch. Sometime a few months after launch the game stopped being updated on that phone. It works, and plays great on this phone. It has a front facing camera for the Telepods, and a fast enough processor. The frame rate was increased even more when the game removed the requirement for Anti-Aliasing.

I would love to know why this game isn’t supported on this phone. When I try to update it from the Play store, it tells me this update isn’t supported on this device. However it works just fine. I would he happy to help the mods in any way to get this phone put back on the support device list.

Can the Rovio Mod that patrols this site please let me know? I would love to be able to update this from Play.

Thanks!

Matt|ttaM

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hello @tiderfish,

As far as I’m aware we haven’t flagged your specific device as being unsupported (though the Note 1 generally has given us problems), so I’m not sure why the Play Store won’t let you download the updates. Are you on a particularly old version of Android, perhaps?

I will investigate the matter and let you know what I learn.

HotRod
    @tiderfish

Thanks for the reply. I am on Android version 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

HotRod
    @tiderfish

So what are the minimum requirements for this game? Hardware wise and OS version wise?

Smokescreen
    @smokescreen

@tiderfish
    I think he was asking what version of the game do you have? The latest Angry Birds Transformers Version is 1.9.26.3. Your phone version is something different. 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is your phone version, not the Angry Birds Transformers Version. I had 4.4.4 Kit Kat for the longest time and just recently got upgraded to 5.1 Lollipop. You may wish to check your phone to see if there are any updates for your phone. Also go to the Play Store, type in Angry Birds Transformers, and see if it says Update. If it does, feel free to update the game whenever you like.

Also the minimum requirements for an Android phone user is Version 4.0 and up per the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers
    So your version should work with the game. If you haven’t done so already, go to the play store, and type in the name of the game, and see if it says update. If it does, then update the game.

HotRod
    @tiderfish

I have the latest version of the game installed on the Note1. I just can’t get it from the Play store. I have not been able to for the better part of 2015. The phone appears to meet at the requirements for the game, yet when I search for the game on that phone’s play store app it does not even show the game. I have to go to the play store via the browser to find it, and when I try to upgrade the game from there, it says it is not a compatible device.

I have been forced to use work-arounds to get the game working. (Download the APK and install it manually)

It is really just a nuisance and I was wondering why the Note1 isn’t supported. I would also like to be able to just update it from the app store so I know I am getting 100% Rovio software.

Thanks!

Smokescreen
    @smokescreen

@tiderfish oh ok. I understand what you are saying. That is odd. I know there are other things I’ve tried to download on my phone which for some reason it says it isn’t compatible with my phone either (i.e. Assassin’s Creed App). I guess if you know how to do this APK file transfer work around, just keep doing that until the folks at Rovio can get it resolved.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

@tiderfish

I’ve taken a look into this – while we have access to a Note 1 device here (which we do not support due to performance concerns), we don’t have access to the SGH-i717 specifically. We blacklisted all Note 1 devices as a result of our testing.

Our lead programmer has compared the specs of the SGH-i717 to the Note 1 model we have tested on, and confirmed that there is enough technical difference for us to consider them separately. We’ve now whitelisted your model number, so keep an eye on the store and hopefully you should be able to download updates normally in the next few days.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Unsupported Devices

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.