v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 347 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Just 924? My first place has 3450 points for Primus’ sake!! HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS ROBOT?? I HATE THIS EVENT CRAP!! All it does is make players try to achieve something that was easily available in the past. Whatever happened to Mission portals and the pig systems? This method is crap at best. Now I don’t even think I can win yet another transformer including Shockwave.

Rodreuz Paul
    @rodreuz-paul

is anyone getting this message?…”additional files need to be downloaded…please check your internet connection and try again” from time I upgraded to v1.11.3.0 it started telling me this… now upgraded to v1.11.3.1 same thing…..help! if I start fresh it plays once I try to log in with facebook to get my saved game it tells me this

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

3450?! WTF, how is that even possible?? That guy must have been playing for literally hours non-stop. I shudder to think how many gems he’s pumping into it.

Just wondering: what scores are the 2nd and 3rd place guys in your group?

Really, there’s no need to spend that much effort if you can max out the Challenge part at 1,750 targets (see analysis above) and the 2nd and 3rd place guys aren’t close enough to pose a threat.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

My 2nd place 2870 and 3rd 2210 points. :'( There’s no way I can keep up. :(
    EDIT: The third guy is now 2276 points.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig nice analysis, thanks!

@sammer48
    the same thing happened to me yesterday. When I went to bed, I was in 6th place and the person in 1st was way ahead. When I logged on the next morning, I had the up arrow showing I was advancing in the rankings even though I had not been playing. When the contest opened, I was in 3rd place.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

The only way I can even fathom winning 6000 tokens is if I can *somehow* stay in at least 500 token reward for 8 days plus the daily 550 for a safe breathing room in case something goes wrong, THEN I can win. Seriously Rovio, why only 8 days?

So let me get this straight:
    1. You reduced the number of event days
    2. You increased the price of everything including normal accessories
    3. Yet you give the same amount of bonus 550 tokens everyday instead of increasing it.

Nice game design there.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

“… plus the daily 550 …”

And that’s assuming you even hit the 100 token level in the Challenge.

On Day 1 I just barely cracked the 70 token level (for 280 tokens cumulative) and I’d played a total of 33 runs (25 “natural” and 8 with gem recharges).

I can’t see how I could have I could have possibly hit the 100 level without at least four more recharges for an additional 16 runs. But that would have cost me an additional 40+60+80+100 = 280 gems.

Kogurazul
    @kogurazul

I’m starting to get a little stressful now. I’ve to wake up like 6 am for my final run and spend 10 gems only for another round to be in the safe zone (around 2nd-6th place) before continuing to sleep. It sucks when the time the contest begin and end is at 8 am according to my time zone.

Is it just me or does anybody noticed that they’ve not included gems as an prize option in two events (Challenge in C Minor and this one) unlike the Christmas event last year? It seems like something fishy is going on here….

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@kogurazul

“It sucks when the time the contest begin and end is at 8 am according to my time zone.”

Could be worse. For the Thanksgiving and Holiday events, each day started at 3am EST. That was really killing me.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig, So basically this event has got down the drain. Also, whenever I boot the game up that “Will you unlock Epic Optimus Prime?” line just rubs salt over all my wounds. I’m glad they kept that in as a reminder of how much screwed I am now.

This event thing wouldn’t have been so bad if:
    a) Stuff wasn’t exclusive. The event would be just there to give you the chance to get the item for free but if you later want to unlock it, pay gems (like how Bird classes are handled in Epic).

b) Stuff didn’t cost so much and ran for more days thus giving time. To me, this is the second event I’m participating in and already I’m burned out of this idea. The Challenge in C Minor didn’t feel so stressful as the token costs were much less but this time…god. Even though I win EOP, that blank space where Nemesis Prime is supposed to be will always haunt me. Honestly, they should have made those three bots purchaseable with gems. At least players would get a chance to grind and purchase them. I’ll be forever missing 45 ranks because of their stupid ideas (that Rodimus Prime mocking me on the splash screen doesn’t help matters either).

c) More players in each category eg as now there’s only 1 person who can win 1000 tokens (again like Epic where three persons can hold top spot). This would mean less ferocious competition.

But let’s face it, we (including Rovio) all know and realize this but they haven’t done so. Why? Because money makes the world go around.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

Yeah. I’m barely clinging onto first place at the moment, but I’m expecting to get leapfrogged at any time now. Hopefully I won’t fall below 3rd place, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I ended in 4th or 5th and get 300 tokens in the Competition.

And I’m only expecting to hit the 60 tokens level in Challenge – worse than yesterday.

I can understand where Rovio is coming from, and I don’t begrudge them trying to make a profit, but they’ve set the bar waaaaaaaay too high on this event. All it does is discourage the vast majority of players.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig, Wait, you’re first place? How much points do you have? You are first but haven’t hit the 60 token level? How? In my grouping, I am truly suffering but you seem to be having a better time.
    Also, just for the sake of tallying stuff, what were the prizes during Thanksgiving and Halloween challenges? I know the ones from Holiday but not these two. Were there exclusive stuff during these events?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

I’m currently in the mid-800s. I got lucky in that my grouping isn’t nearly as competitive as yours is. But like I said, I’m expecting to get leapfrogged at any time.

“Also, just for the sake of tallying stuff, what were the prizes during Thanksgiving and Halloween challenges?”

My memory isn’t what it used to be, but for the Hallowe’en Competition I’m sure there weren’t any TFs to be won (Nemesis Prime was only available as a cash purchase, not through the Competition). Similarly for Thanksgiving it was just gems and a pilgrim hat, no TFs were available through the Challenge (that might have been when they were selling Rodimus Prime for cash as well, but I forget).

There were significant differences in the way that the Halloween and Thanksgiving events were run. Hallowe’en only had the “Competition” against other players, and Thanksgiving only had the “Challenge” ladder. It wasn’t until the Holiday event that we had both a Challenge and a Competition. (I guess Rovio wanted to make sure their code for both worked before trying to combine them in a single event.)

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@datguygamer

Lol! I feel the same way, that “WILL” you unlock EOP?”, is taunting me. The pattern with Rovio is they release a new process, untested, they’re shocked by how the users respond, then they release an update that dramatically reduces the user’s success rate. I don’t know for sure, but I think everyone that played got Shockwave, all the accessories, the gems, and coins (because what else do you do with the leftover tokens). People started unlocking Shockwave the second day of the contest. Goldbite Grimlock was the Tf of choice and he behaved like a buddy — deadly accurate, no overheating and no need for an Energonicon. I played GoldBrick and took every video doubler, so the coinage was huge. This would be why they gutted him…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig Well you sure are lucky. 800 and already first position. Sigh, I don’t know what I’m gonna do anymore.

Also, if the Thanksgiving event was just competition then that means maybe coming on top would net you a large amount of gems as prize as that’s how it usually works and I’m guessing the same for Halloween. So basically I started the event runs right when it got tougher. Wow, my luck is so great.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pampeans But wasn’t Shockwave 5000 tokens? How could anyone possibly unlock him the second day?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@datguygamer Shockwave was 3000 tokens the first 2 days of the challenge. The total number of tokens to earn per day was 680, inclusive of the gift of tokens (sometimes gems) that you got from Rovio at the end each day. So, if you kicked butt and took names, then you got him before the number of tokens increased to 5,000. Totally possible if you won the first two days.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

9 hours into day 3 of the comp and I have only accumulated 550 tokens from the daily accruals, so much for getting 550 per day.
    The only strategy I can think of to obtain Epic Optimus is to spend as many gems as it takes to win 6 day’s competitions. 2 have already gone so I can envisage players trying everything they can to get 1st from hereon in

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

i wonder when you get Epic Optimus if you get some things for customising him.

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

You’ll not have any time to earn tokens for that! I doubt many of us will ever see Epic Optimus at all.

sheepybach
    @paul13

IMHO the way this challenge has been set up there will be very few EOP given away/won as it’s not far off being an unreachable target at 6000. They tell us not to play when the comp is coming close to the end time and yet when it does end a lot of us get kicked down the places by unseen and unknown others. I was in 4th place with over 280 ahead with 1 min to go and I ended up 9th. That is so unreal its beyond words. Likewise the low number of gongs you can collect in today’s run are yet again on the low side and most of my runs return single figures, Yet 1st on my board is over 250, how the help that is pass.
    Yet again its come to the point that I’m not playing that much and I’ll no longer use any Gems, I’ve used 10 per day but no more, my current total is 620 lol

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

i don’t know if you noticed it but i had a couple of times that i can’t see the points because Rovio was updating, that’s what the message said, so i think that if the day is over they update for the last time.What i think is they should have a real time update that’s more fair for everybody. Then you see your points and from others in real time.

sheepybach
    @paul13

It’s been the same for every Comp

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

Wel with the holidays i couldn’t join the comp but at least i can join now and i’m on schedule at this moment so i’m not complaining. But i do hope that they give people a change ,in the nearest future, to win the ABT’s they didn’t collect with the past comps.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

There’s a guy on the ABT Facebook group talking about how he maxed out tokens on both Day 1 and Day 2 (1,550 x 2 = 3,100), and spent over 700 gems each day to do so.

Jeepers!

I’m lucky I never encountered that guy. I would have just packed it in for the day.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.11.3 — CHINESE NEW YEAR THEME

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 347 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.