v1.13 – Silver as Windblade

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.13 – Silver as Windblade

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 261 total)
  • Replies
  • sukerman13
    @sukerman13

hahaha, @optimuspig dont you worry friend !! it is called ”life needs”, same problem here !! sometimes i wake up and i say ” oh my God, i slept a lot, but lost 4-6 runs ” !!

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

So for today’s runs I’m getting scores of anywhere from 54 to 60 — more variation than I’ve seen for other maps this week, and I think even a bit more than for the previous day of desert runs.

AngrLee
    @angrlee

@beauregard

Regarding getting 800 points in 15 minutes. Absolutely doable. I timed myself to get through a full 4 charges. Just under 5 minutes. If you run through the whole node, and just stop running to zap a flying pig and go right back to running, a node takes like 80 seconds. Tapping the screen during the point tally skips that screen animation. So based on server refresh timing, you could get four full charges done in 18-19 minutes and have it show posted to the leaderboard in what looks like 15 minutes.

There have been a lot of people experiencing strange come-from-nowhere winners. Key is to exit the challenge altogether to get the leaderboard to refresh, and on advice from @arceemega to me on my question regarding the same thing is that you must keep a minimum of a 300 point lead if you want to win. Server refresh is on the 5 minutes. So based on the timing to complete a full charge, if you are not at least 300 points ahead at 5 minutes until the end of the challenge, you can get beat. This happened to me. I had a 200 point lead, and someone did a full recharge and posted 235-240 increase (average scores for four runs) before the time ran out, and I got scooped. Really peeved me since I had spent 410 gems on this one. Everyone was 3000 points plus.

Truly if you need a first place win to get enough to unlock Windblade, you need to just spend the gems. Maintain 1000 point lead over second. It can be expensive, but getting second place when you have already spent say 210 gems (10, 20, 40, 60, 80) or 310 gems, then that’s whahcha gotta do. If you get one first place and three second places, you have enough to unlock her.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Who knew? I thought it was kill or be killed.

You do know that it’s possible to finish a level without destroying the boss pig, right?

Geli
    @geli

Earned enough tokens to unlock Windblade with a tad over 3 hours left in today’s run. Now just hoping to get enough tokens to earn accessories. Given the schedule for the weekend, that is up in the air.

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I already have her and all her gear, that is not the issue. I still can’t see how someone can accumulate points that fast. You can’t outrun the missiles, and you need to kill the big boss to collect most of the points. And then there’s the commercial that pops up before each run after the first one. Yeah you can cancel it, but still takes up time. And sometimes it will boot you out of the game when you do.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Only need to get 340 tokens today to be able to get everything I want (Windblade, Swords, Trident, Helmet, Reflector).

Tomlad
    @talmud

@sntrooper I already got wind blade so now all i need is 1750 tokens to get the swords and trident. Good luck to you

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I just started playing and I had 3 river runs and one pig city. I wasted two river runs before I remembered to kill the pig boss without using photoblast so I could save it to get the minions around the Astrotrain. This could be interesting with pig city, the river and perhaps the forest mixed in together.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

I’ve been debating between Dion and the helmet. In the end, the helmet seems like a much better accessory (especially at half the price). It looks cooler, and continuous fire seems more useful than +10% defense. Since you can only wear one or the other, the helmet seems like a much better choice.

Am I crazy?

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

same for me here !! first run at river,forgot to keep the photoblast and lost some pigs..second time though did not let it happen !! to tell you the truth,personally,i do not mind for this last day, as i have unlocked everything,so i will not use any gems for recharging,so wherever the road heads me.. the difference is the mix of the runs…they could have done it all previous days,just for the experience and not to get bored with same-all-day runs…

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@soundwave, dion has more defence,helmet has continuous fire…i have unlocked the helmet,because ultra magnus does not need extra defence,his bar is already long enough….the continuous fire though,is a big diference.. i have him at level 15 and just NEVER STOPS FIRING !!! so,it is up to you !!

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I went to bed before the competition ended, with a score around 2500. To my astonishment, I woke up to a 1000 token gift box, taking me to exactly 3750 (I’ve already bought Windblade but no accessories).

I want the 20% Windblade defense accessory, her swords, the helmet and the reflector. I thought I’d only get 3 of the 4. But if I place top 3, I’ll get all 4. Hmm.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@soundwave

“Am I crazy?”

You’re not crazy at all. That was the exact same rationale I used when I chose the helmet rather than the Dion.

That, and the fact that I was feeling seriously bored and sleep deprived, and by choosing the helmet at 1,000 tokens rather than Dion at 2,000 tokens I can afford to take off the last day of competition.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Has anyone else noticed that ever since obtaining Windblade, that most of the nodes spawned have been AutoBirds rather than Deceptihogs?

Fewer Deceptihog nodes means that its slightly more difficult to accumulate Pig Iron and Badness Processors to use in Windblade’s upgrading.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Just wondering, did anyone here consistently use a TF during the Silverbird competition that wasn’t one of the Grimlock variations? And why?

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@optimuspig

My kids used Epic Prime all the time. I used him from time to time to change things up a bit.

For my bots (all around level 8) the most effective characters were Energon Grimlock followed by Epic Prime (equipped with his accessories).

Energon Grimlock killed the boss a little faster, but Epic Prime could take a missile without instant death. So Prime worked pretty well for my kids, who would take a hit from time to time.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I’ve been very consistent on using Grimlocks; I currently have 2 at Level 15 and 1 at Level 12. That last one is a bit dicey, because he’s Energon Grimlock and pretty much got one-shot killed on one run. So I’ve been mainly using the other 2, but if I run them with 3 hearts or run Energon, I try to be extra careful not to take a hit.

I’m considering leveling up Shockwave, however. He seems to also have an instant-hit beam, which is crucial vs. missiles …

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I realize that Glassor didn’t seem appropriate for this challenge, but it’s the energonicon I usually use, so I quickly went back to it.

That said, I missed the last pigs more often than I hit them. Did Photoblast do better?

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@optimuspig, i have also noticed that more deceptihogs than autobirds have been shown up, but due to my everyday life and also my job, i play too many times throughout the day,so i fulfil my silo very fast,especially with the help of missions of course…
    Only Grimlock bots for me for the event,especially Energon..

@franciscrawford
    ,i was using during the whole event Photoblast and most of the players i havee seen here,did the same… Glassor is my constant ”buddy” in the ususal gameplay,but Photoblasts’ beams,were really helpfull, especially when i was keeping one for the end of the node,so it could kill the last remaining flying pigs,that my bot could not kill,due to the ”forced entrance” to the astrotrain….

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

@sukerman13

thanks for the information. I used glassor but after i read your reply to @franciscrawford i tried Photoblast i hit three more pigs next to the astrotrain and for the first time i passed the 60.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Rare occurrence. For the first time since obtaining Windblade, I finished running a regular node with her and didn’t have her immediately re-spawn on the map.

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I now have her up to L10?

I noticed similar with Shockwave and EOP. Once they reached L10, they didn’t tend to spawn as often as compared to when they were under L10.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Mine is only level 6 (on the way to 7) and she has stopped immediately re-spawning. I think it is just when you get a new character there is a higher chance of them coming up for awhile so you can use them right away.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@zhianjo, you are very welcome !!

@optimuspig
    , every new bot you win/unlock, ususally you encounter it till level 10 more often than usual, just for your gaming experience..thats my thought !! after level 10,you will see her more rare.. i agree with @20qmindreader and @sntrooper

sheepybach
    @paul13

Well after a bit of moving things around I in the end managed to get Windy with 2 tokens to spare. Have not really used it so not sure on the way it will perform

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum v1.13 – Silver as Windblade

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 261 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.