What to do to speed up AB2 on Android?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What to do to speed up AB2 on Android?

• Good morning y’all,

I have started to play AB2 on my Sony xperia tablet – it’s quite some years old and I only bought it for remote play on my PS4. Now I installed AB2 and realized, that the tablet itself is very slow.
    The trail, most of the arena or clan games are fine, but the daily challenges (DC and KPP) lag like there’s no tomorrow, sometimes it’s not even playable. Bird’s powers do not get activated, spells take seconds to work,… terrible.

The first question would be: what’s the difference between regular levels and the DC stuff? Why do the trail levels work satisfying (I’m not saying they work well, but it’s playable), and the DC does not?

The second question ist the more relevant one: how can I speed things up? Can I deactivate some processes in the background, that use up performance?

I’m not very familiar with android devices. Like I said, I only use it for remote play and now AB2. If you have any suggestions, please explain it to a complete android-newbie.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Hi Jo-ha,

Maybe your Sony is just a bit too low spec to be able to play AB2 nowadays. From the Rovio support pages:

“As for Android devices, you will need to have Android 4.1 or later, and your device should have at least a 1.2 GHz processor and at least 1GB of RAM. Angry Birds 2 may work on devices with lower specs, but we cannot make any guarantees. Also, meeting these specifications does not guarantee Angry Birds 2 will run, as compatibility varies from device to device depending on a wide range of other variables”.

I’ve been playing AB2 on my Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) with only intermittent ‘lag’. My wife had an old iPad (not one of the latest models) and we couldn’t even play the first levels on that thing – either it was too old or was something wrong with it, so didn’t bother with that anymore.

From a non-technical point of view, maybe check your tablet spec against the above, run some updates, perhaps a factory reset etc in the first instance and try running AB2 with little else on the device?

Piggsy
    @piggsy

I reported that problem in some on my posts in few other topics. I have the same problem. The map, the arena modes work normally but every DC or KPP just start lagging. What’s more, I have never had the problem with that mode. It started freaking me out about last update. I tried to play it without internet connection and few times it works good, but now it again crushing, even when i’m playing offline.

I thought about deleting game and once more installing it. Moreover i was thinking about clean all my phone device, taking hard reset but there’s one huge problem. There is big chance that you’ll loose all your gems and pearls even if your game is connected with fb account. That mean i could loose all my few months earnings. So now don’t bother AB2. Till Rovio understand their greedy tricks. It’s totally unplayable. It’s not for my nerves.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@stevey: the point is, that the tablet obviously is able to handle the regular trail levels and the arena, just as @piggsy described also. So, it’s not only the tablet, which might also be a little to “weak” to play AB2, but nevertheless, some aspects of the game work properly, some do not.
    I had the same issue like you described with my old iPad. It was about 4-5 years old, but there everything was lagging like hell, barely playable. But it’s different with the android tablet now.

Hm, okay, sounds kinda disappointing. Maybe someone else has any idea. Thank you both so far.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I think Rovio’s just trying to rig us.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum What to do to speed up AB2 on Android?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.