The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3135
  • 159793 Comments
  • Must doff my cap to Sheffield Wednesday. 4-0 down to Peterborough after the first leg of the Playoff semi final and yet they prevailed. Chapeau.
  • Fez crown crown fez. Tommy Cooper.
  • If I mention millinery in this post will it be a hat trick?
  • Agree on genius, both
  • Tried to use your Challenge hint @brianN, but couldn't make it work for me. However I lucked out with a 4 birder. Not on Bluestacks repeat you will be pleased to hear.
  • An honest day's work. Feels good doesn't it? Were you at it till 2.55 am?

Must admit with the challenge I'm looking to play levels that are fairly random(now that my U. N. backed protest is over) so as to have a more level playing field when it comes to Bluestacks. So mostly Seasons.
  • Sadly up all night as my wife is extremely ill. Not good, I'm afraid.
  • *Keys jangling* hmmm * looks around * yep I'm in Wooot!! thanks @HunnyBunny ,@Ixan57 :D
    Problem is my wonky keyboard is blocking my whole screen so I can't see what I'm typing !
    Whoa I think I fixed it! OB drinks on me , break out the good stuff!
    *Hugs* to everyone I've missed you all! Finally got my tablet to work :D
  • Ian I hope your wife feels better soon
  • HEY @Kathy great to hear from you. It is not my wife that is ill, it is @DesperateDan 's wife and i am sure everyone is wishing them both hope in a difficult situation. My girlfriend is fine at least with her yak yak in my ear. You get back here as much as you can, you are missed greatly. Even @BrianN is pineing for you.
  • Remember when Norm Peterson came into his Boston local and everyone shouted "Norm!" as he sat down in his favourite chair? (Fans of Cheers will know what I'm talking about).
    "Kathy!"

We've booted Tom Hanks off your stool. Warm hugs.
  • Hope you're bearing up @desperatedan. Did Chris get back home or is she still in hospital?
  • Sorry about that Dan, I will say a prayer for your wife !
    A good warm Boston Welcome , thanks Brian :)
  • Well Tom sure kept my seat warm lol! Thanks for booting him out!
  • Is anyone flinging these days?, If so where? I guess I'm gonna see where I'm at in this old tablet and started at the begining, unless I can join someone on a quest?
  • Well I'll be back later, I was up at 6a.m, that's like the middle of the night to me lol! Time for a nap ZZzzzzzzzz.
  • Do we still have the Daily Challenge , or have we given up on that?
  • Oh crap my battery is getting low, better charge it before it goes totally dear, that's what happened before, it was reader than dead, I thought it wasn't coming back, it almost didn't !
  • @kathy me and Brian are playing Seasons, Dan is charging his way thru ABO, using all of Asher’s tools, including the comfy chair…
    Yep the daily challenge is about. I play infrequently, Dan and Brian are “quite” good
    Excuse me, it’s eight here, and the taxi picks up at 2.45am! for the stupid o’clock flight home, so trying to relax and hopefully fall asleep. As if…
  • Whoa @kathy, slow down you're like a horse on speed. Anyways why use one post when 10 will do? The regulars here think I'm sarcastic. What do you think?

Had a bit of a monk on with the Challenge as I got fed up with hearing about recording techniques re Bluestacks so gave it a miss for a while but will play periodically mainly when Seasons comes along. As the Bunnymonster said I'm finally putting scores down in Seasons starting with T or T (seems like aeons ago). Currently chasing Andy's scores in Haunted Hogs. He's numero uno in this episode even beating Asher into second ond place.
  • Here's a belated tribute to Andy Rourke.
    https://youtu.be/peh6JCBoznk
  • Hey @kathy , Welcome home! Glad you found your way back with the aid of The Bunny. @angryboy stopped in a while ago. He’s finished school and married! How time flies.

@brianN Sarcasm makes life so much more fun.
  • Brian's lunchtime tip

Don't gamble.

Oh and I think a puppy is on today boys and girls at least I got within 400 points over breakfast coffee. (Where would we be without coffee? Or breakfast). Course it could be just my amazing AB skills, you duffers probably don't have a chance.

Apropos breakfast
    I knew a guy who had a mastery of the English language, very eloquent individual but he couldn't say the word breakfast. It always came out as breafkast. He also pronounced hyperbole as hyperbowl. Never had the heart to tell him. Am I evil?

Hey @kathy, lost your keys already?
  • No easy way to say it but my darling wife of 34 years passed away yesterday at home with my son and I by her side. There's a big hole in my life and guys like you who I would treat as good friends even though we have never met, definitely make it easier. Thanks, you have permission to keep spouting as much garbage as usual.
  • I'm absolutely heartbroken for you and your loved ones @desperatedan. I mean that most genuinely.
  • @DesperateDan my deepest sympathies. If you need to chat PM me. Be strong.
  • @desperatedan I'm so sorry for such a sad loss.
    We may only be flinging friends but we are here for you.
    Sending virtual hugs to you & your family.
  • @desperatedan So very sorry to learn of your loss, dear friend. . .
    Wishing you courage and sending lots of love xxxxxxx
  • Friends, you made me cry. Again. Such kindness. Thank you.
  • @desperateDan I am so very sorry. Losing your partner of 34 years is heartbreaking. Love and hugs to you and your family.
  • @DesperateDan , there are no words that can possibly heal your heart at this time, or ever. My heart breaks for you
  • Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
    Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glint on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
    I am the swift, uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
  • Thank you for the Welcome back @catsnbirds :)
  • Well I've lost all my scores on the tablet I use for flinging, opening ABO and I've got no stars , all episodes are locked, so I guess s I've found where I'm begining :D Joining you. Dan in ABO
  • Am I reading the walkthrough for Poached Eggs level 1 correctly, that's it changed? My scores is now 0 and I am replying trying to reach my old posted score, @Sweetp ? What's the deal?
  • @DesperateDan so sorry to hear about your wife, so sad
    I’ll keep writing nonsense if it helps
    Hugs xx
  • Yes, everyone has permission to waffle on meaninglessly as usual. You have all greatly touched me, as has @kathy's reappearance. Thank you my dear friends. And @kathy, you don't actually have to do any flinging to come to the BP. Instead, why not just chill out to the jukebox which has been mysteriously been filled with over 100 songs by the Fall, courtesy of @brianN. You will feel soooo much better.
  • If only I knew someone capable of waffling on meaninglessly. I'll ask around.

Have to admit that after 32 studio albums and countless live ones it was hard whittling them down to 100.
    https://youtu.be/v5zav2yrC7M
  • @kathy That’s the poem I read at my father’s graveside when he was interred.
  • Hey @kathy about a year ago Rovio brought out a revamped version of Angry birds and called it Classic. It has the first 8 episodes up to Surf 'n' Turf and I think the idea was to extend it and even redo games like Seasons. However they've already pulled it from Google store so I think that's the end of that experiment. Don't know if that answers your question in part.
  • @desperatedan, my deepest sympathies for your loss. I'm hoping you find some solace in the difficult days ahead. Many blessings to you, dear friend.
  • Welcome back home, @kathy! So glad to see you're doing well.

Sorry, what a surprise about ABO, huh? I was able to install the Rovio Classics version, but it was revised and no longer playable so I uninstalled it. Even the name changed, and it's now "Red's First Flight."
  • Well, garbage and nonsense describes Hampshire’s effort in the T20 tonight!
    My love of cricket started in the seventies with the John Player Cup. Hampshire had all the best players!
    Without googling name any overseas player Hampshire had in the seventies
    I’ll start with Barry Richards
  • RIP Tina Turner
    https://youtu.be/Z1Z0SsFHMwk

I always do my squirrel dance to this, don’t ask!
    The Bunny Man is never impressed
  • Sorry about the annoying ads
  • Gordon Greenidge
  • Everyone is being nice to me, thanks But @kathy, how are you?
  • Malcolm Marshall was very Hampshire but I'm not sure if he was very 70's.One of the most whole souled overseas players ever to play county cricket.
  • Thanks for the explanation of ABO @Brian!
    @DesperateDan I'm doing the best I can,, hanging in there! Aren't people usually nice to you? If not lemme know, show em' my way, lemme at em' :/
Post in the New Forum!