The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3185
  • 160343 Comments
  • Oh dear. Based on Twiggy's Superb Owl prediction, my friend has bet £30 on the team from San Francisco. Personally I disagree with Twiggy but my friend is convinced that a small terrier-like dog with no concept of ball game other than ones that involve carrying the ball in the mouth and no concept of bowl other than ones that contain food, is infallible.
  • Had a go at the DC but unable to beat the mark.Did notice comex score and wonder when asher will cave in?
  • @4lien was the one I was worried about. He was the long time leader of Danger Above until I opened up a 40 point gap some months ago. That gap grew to over 2000 today but clearly was (and indeed still is) very vulnerable especially when it has the focus of a Challenge. Maybe I was lucky today - many others have peppered the top 6 without getting puppies.
  • Well until a couple of days ago was looking forward to watching Superbowl live( it's the one day of the year when I stay up till 3.00 am doing the DC) when who decides to turn up broomstick and all?Yes that's right the Antipoppins.So that was a non starter and have spent the day trying to avoid the result.Didn't open my phone(notifications),didn't visit BP in case Twiggy had left any spoilers(she needs to retire as a tipster Dan).
    Anyone remember that classic Likely Lads episode along the same lines?Finally got there as most of my old biddies aren't really into NFL.Quite a good game lots of tension Mahomes has that Bradyesque winning aura.
  • Conducting a little experiment re ABO older versions and still no success with JP versions but 7.5.0 has all Piggy Farm levels and has been fine every time I check on it(three days running now)Don't know if iy helps you in your quest but I think it proves Rovio did something sinister to the coding with JP versions.
  • Looks like Taylor Swift flew in on her broomstick, according to some sources.
  • Yes bad case of Hyperbowl.
  • Binge watching season 2 of Kin as wife and witch are doing a Thelma and Louise .Cracking start Ireland 2-0 Turkey in the early stages(body count that is).And the ladies are in charge...

Hope they make a better fist of it than the ladies in charge of The Marvels,saw that last nite,what a steaming pile of heist.
  • Ah yes mad uncle Frank just got out of prison and where else would you go to celebrate but the Furry Bog(still with Kin-not my kin,have mad uncles but non called Frank).While I'm here what are your favourite pub names?
  • We have friends (for no obvious reason) known as the The Stroggies
    We got Stroggied today. A six course tasting menu lunch - our third “tasting menu”, in varying venues, never again! - so got pissed
    Gym or torture, as it is better known, tomorrow
    And Mossied on Thursday! There is reason behind the “Mossied”
    Mr and Mrs Moss coming round to us. I cook, he pours drinks…
  • Cow and Snuffers in Llandaff? Sadly no longer there
  • I'm sure you go to the gym to ogle fit young gay men in lycra.Frank just bought the Furry Bog.Liking Cow and Snuffers,the mind boggles.
  • Sorry I'm a bit Mossied it's mad uncle Bren.Phew glad we got that sorted.Ye Olde fighting cocks(pub name not random expletive).
  • The Tommy Ducks. In Manchester. Ceiling festooned with female undergarments. Can't remember why I was there. Legendary, but now gone. Had real coffins for tables.
  • Turns out I went to the same school as Pope Adrian IV. He was a few years ahead of me, 850 years ahead to be more precise. Back then he was just Nick Breakspear but somehow ended up as the only English pope.

I'm trying to work out Brian's riposte. Nothing actually impresses him. To be fair, this doesn't really impress me either.
  • Gap to @asher in Angry Birds now just 60k. Still 30 levels in Jurassic Pork to go at so that's only 2k per level. As long as he doesn't notice.
  • Hey @DesperateDan , thanks for the mention in Jurassic Pork! Glad the strat was still helpful … 7 (!) years later.
  • Enough of this pot-pouri(was that on your bingo card?)Noticed something odd about v7.5.0(still working fine) just because I could decided to press Mighty League option and it said 'Update available-Install?' Just because I could pressed Install and it took me to Google Playstore where it offered me not the ABO JP update but the Classics v.4 update.How odd?!
  • What do you mean by Classics v.4? Have I heard of this? Or is that just what they called it and you're not sure either? Did you accept the offer? Is that enough questions?
  • V1.3.1151 is latest I've got on classics
  • Sorry v8.0.3 classic and red's V1.3.1151
  • That really hasn't helped me at all. We seem now to have to make a clear distinction between what is referred to as Classics and what is referred to as Classic. I think this is devious work by Rovio who are kind of pretending Classics never happened. But...I don't have anything called Red's First Flight, it is most certainly called Classics, Consequently, I still don't have a clue what Brian is going on about, and @ixan57's link doesn't help me with that. Or am I just being stupid (that is rhetorical!!!)?
  • Can't access either at the moment. Doh!
  • Well you know how I hate controversy @desperatedan, @ixan57?

This is all on Bluestacks v 5.9.500.1019 N32. (Is that specific enough for you?)
    Opening ABO v7. 5.0
    When I press Mighty League option it say Update available do you want to install?
    When I press for that option it takes me to Google Play and it gives me the option to update
    Angry Birds Classic v 4.4
    With forked tongue I do not speak.
  • I didn't update Classic from the time I first downloaded and didn't on this occasion as after many devious Rovio updates(especially JP) I have learnt my lesson.
  • So, this is confirmation that Rovio (at the time) were referring to what we might also call ABO, as Classic? They were then muddying the water by bringing out a partial revamp later which they confusingly called Classics. Possibly they were using Classics as an umbrella name for any other revamps they might also do, for example Rio? But Brian you have also made things confusing by saying in your first comment that Rovio was offering Classics v4 and in your second that they were offering Classic v4.4. That rogue "s" is what is doing my head in. Someone get a grip (probably me)!
  • You say Classics, I say Classic, let's call the whole thing off.
  • Unfortunately no Lycra clad fit men
    Just a load of “getting on a bit” ladies, trying to stay mobile
    One looks like a very short version of Nora Batty, but as fit as fiddle

Back to pub names: across the road, diagonally, from the Cow and Snuffers was The Pineapple! Both sadly gone…
  • Haven’t flung a bird this year
    Must start,,,
  • Tsk tsk!@hunnybunny!
    Tsk tsk!@desperatedan!
    Tsk tsk Kin!

Bunny for not flinging this year
    Dan for being Dan and tizzying about Classic/Classics v4/v4.4(ref to v4 was just initial comment about situation without being specific-the info I post above is absolute(bollocks)).
    Kin because Molly goes into a pub(not the Furry Bog)asks for a pinot grigio and next thing you know she's drinking a glass of red.Demerit mark and sack the whole continuity staff.
  • Hey Bunny was she wearing wrinkled tights?
  • My wife Chris was obsessive about continuity fails. We spent most of the time rewinding programmes to check.
  • Yes, I can imagine you staggering diagonally across the road from the Cow and Snuffers to the Pineapple, @hunnybunny.
  • Are you Mossied yet @hunnybunny?
  • Must admit I'm not enjoying page 2 of Tropigal Paradise as much as page 1.More for yer buck on page 1,more random one bird miracle collapse required on page 2.
  • Came across an allegation from disgraced ex-FIFA president Step Ladder(they're all a disgrace he just got caught).He reckons UEFA fixed the draws for their European competitions in the 70's and 80's to favour Italian teams(kinda rings true as there were other scandals involving bought referees etc. (google AC Milan1-0 Leeds in 1970 CWC final).Of course he insists FIFA never stooped so low.
    Apparently to favour one team in the draw process they used a frozen ball.A subject I know all about of course.
  • Just finished S2 of Kin, as good as the first if not better.Man were those women in charge!Ruthless.
  • Just finished Australian Traitors. You might not like reality TV Brian but this is different class. I have never shouted at the TV so much. Genuinely grips you, why did no-one come up with this genius format before?

48k gap to @asher.
  • Question for @brianN. This month's Mojo has dropped onto my doormat and with it came a CD (disguised as "free") entitled "The North Will Rise Again". 15 tracks from northern bands from the 1980s and 1990s including, as the title suggests, The Fall. So, which 1997 Fall track do you think is included in this compilation?
  • Was indeed Mossied last night
    Today, there was no rain! So walked out for lunch, up and down steep hills to The Esplanade, and to two pubs this evening. 10000 steps at least, outweighed by food and alcohol…
  • Good stuff. Twiggy and I walked out through Newborough forest and onto Ynys Llanddwyn island which is cut off at low tide. As we came off it, I had to take shoes/socks off to wade the incoming tide. But there were a lot of half-termers on the island who seemingly didn't realise their potential predicament, so I rather expect they had to get very wet indeed or wait about 3 hours to escape. 8 miles so over well over 10000 steps for me and over 100000 for Twiggy (she gets double for having 4 legs).
  • With that title it should be The N.W.R.A. but that's from 1980 album Grotesque(After the Gramme) Might need a clue, Levitate is from that period.
  • They reckon human body is made of about 60% water .I reckon it's about 90% liquid @hunnybunny in your case,but not water.
  • There is a subtle clue in my post @brianN.
  • Are you being ironic?
  • Happy Valentine's Day!
    I love you!
    True to my heart ❤️
    Sunshine
  • No irony Brian, just a hint at the song title somewhere in that post. You probably have to reverse engineer the answer.
  • We could all do with some Sunshine around here in the middle of February.We love you too!

The Fall wrote quite a few songs referencing the North either in title or content but would think a compilation cd like this would use a more well known tune of theirs(everything is relative).
    Got to assume the year is misleading @desperatedan but a song I've played in the BP before called Hit the North would fit the bill.Parts one and two were fist released as a single in the mid 80's so 1997 could be wrong or could've been on one of those endless compilation albums of rehashed or just rereleased material.I was never one of those suckers who buy records just to complete a collection.
Post in the New Forum!