Thread for PC Users - Only for issues/problems! (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 2
  • 116 Comments
  • But why is it then bugged for me?
  • The levels have been unflipped and unlock properly. You may want to try recollecting a few mooncake slices.
  • @AMslimfordy But the golden mooncake is colored but I can´t open the level. But I can play the 3-starring level that I should not have opened.
  • The Big level being unlocked early is a different issue.

I would still consider re-obtaining slices of Mooncake.
  • I have tried recollecting all mooncakes, but there not on the levels so I can´t get them again. I have looked trough all level where there should be golden mooncakes.
  • And the highscore I have on the 3-star level is the highscore I had on the golden mooncake level.

I don´t know if this makes any difference but I have taken my highscore.lua and settings.lua from my android to PC. (But I think the golden mooncake worked in the last update)
  • Oh! I did not see that! Thanks for the info! Will Rovio soon fix it?
  • Fix what? It's been fixed, but if you played the levels during the buggy period, your data files are permanently corrupted.
  • Yes. Those levels I played last summer.
  • I had the bug with the "big mooncake" and it really seems to be fixed now. I had gathered all the cake pieces and 3 stars in every level, and when the new update came out, it was fixed and I had both extra levels available :) Maybe @AMslimfordy is right that some data files has been corrupted, don't know for sure but for me this last update fixed the problem :)
  • @Lisko I can try 3-starring all levels and see if I´ll open the golden mooncake :)
  • @Bad piggies - So you don't have 3 stars in every level? Maybe that's the reason? If I've understood it right the big mooncake opens when you've gathered all the cake slices and the BIG mooncake is available when you 3-star all the levels :P Maybe I have to check my old post 'cause I really don't remember how it went :)
  • In the process of entering scores in Leaderboards. Done Angry Birds without a problem, now in Seasons. Done Mooncake and part of Pignic, but now the Pignic board refuses to show me the levels entered so far. My totals up to 1-17 have been entered and their total score shows, but I can't see any levels in Pignic at all. I've tried switching browsers, and a full PC reboot, but no luck. Am I doing something wrong?
  • @Kewpie We're having some issues with the Leaderboards. Rest assured that this issue will be fixed soon, and just continue with your data entry. All the DATA is safe; it's just the summary that's a little buggy.
  • Can't actually enter any data, when I click to get the page all I get is a comments page with a short blank section above. Since I can't see the averages I don't know the targets. Perhaps while it's being fixed I may be able to start on a new board. Thanks for the prompt response.
  • The Leaderboard should be functioning normally now. Clearing your Internet cache should help.
  • All good now. Thanks again. :)
  • I've had a strange thing happen and haven't a clue as how to solve it. I've been playing the Boba Fett missions, 3 starred them all (even suffering the constant crashes on level B-10). Last night my puter crashed (it only does this when I am on the BirdsNest, never been a problem just restarting). But when I went back to BF, I was locked out, telling me I need to get the 5 jet packs. Of course I already had all the jet packs, and it shows them as obtained, right under the padlock on BF. I checked back the the levels where they were hidden, and they are gone, so I can't go back and try to get them again. So now I have BF locked with all jet packs aquired. No way to play with BF anymore. Any suggestons? Thanks.
  • @waimea It sounds like your settings file got corrupted. I might be able to help you out, but it will require a bit more communication. If you get a chance, can you shoot me an email? Things I'd need to know:
    • Before the "issue", was every single level unlocked?
    • After the "issue", are your scores still intact?
    • Just to re-clarify the issue, BFM re-locked and the Jetpacks are missing?
  • Be glad to, but not sure what email address to use to get to you.

But to answer your questions here, yes, every episode and level (available to PC) in SW have been 3 starred, not counting the inability to record 3 stars in CC20 and BF10. Since it's locked, I can't tell if any scores are recorded. There are no numbers below the BF episode page, just the line up of the 5 jetpacks. I put a screenshot in my album. And the jet packs are missing from the original levels where you had to collect them. I'm putting in the screenshot in my album now. Thank you!
  • Sorry, if you meant are my OTHER scores intact, yes. Everything is fine but for BF.
  • My email is what you'd think: my username at this site dot com ;) all lowercase tho I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
  • I just started BF missions this morning but so far I haven't noticed any bugs. I'll let you know if something appears :)
  • Looking for a bit of help from the PC community. If you guys could take a few minutes and pop in, I'd greatly appreciate it! Maybe I'll be able to create a legitimate program to distribute here on ABN!

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/2191/automated-pc-update-checker
  • I've tried and tried to install the latest Angry Birds Original update, but each times it goes through the process and then says it didn't work properly. I'm stuck in the middle of the EggDefender page which I consider to be impossible, and there's no more, so I think I'm not getting any update at all. Totally fed up here! Has anyone managed to get it working on PC?
  • @Kewpie my ABo for PC is working alright. If you go to the front page of the app, click the gear, then the "i"... What version number does the credits say?
  • Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I play on my laptop and lately there is a weird sort of delay when I am trying to play, it's got worse and worse and and now I am finding it virtually impossible to play!

It's hard to explain but for example, when I pull back the catapult to fire a bird there is several seconds delay before it works and it also does the same when trying to adjust the angle. There is a real problem with Matilda - when I click to drop her bomb it doesn't happen and she just crashes!

Anyone got any ideas what's wrong?
  • Are you sure that your laptop doesn't get overheated? Or do you have other programs running in the back while you're playing? Those are the first two things that I found 'causing delays :)
  • @amslimfordy; interested in beta testing if and when....would be nice to have a one-stop for update notification.
  • @Lisko - thanks for your reply, no I don't think it's overheating - I'm not sure what you mean by other programmes, I do have lots of tabs open at the same time - but no more than usual
  • Glad to hear you're interested @trojan. Still working on some of the aesthetics of it for now.
  • @campogirl, I can assist you to nail down the source of this problem if you care to exchange some messages. I recently solved an identical issue with my home computer.
  • I didn't know adding me into the renderer mode solves the problem lol!

Nice 'hacking' there to solve the issue. For me I usually tend to try to set Compatibility Mode to an older version of Windows. It does get around some issues like not being able to activate Bad Piggies after each update.
  • @LesToreadors - have just sent you a message, thank you
  • I recently purchased Star Wars 2 and a message keeps coming up that it has stopped working. Is there a glitch with the program or do I need to do something to fix it on my PC? I tried what you stated above with the Notepad but it won't let me save it.
  • @iBird, so you are a genius! You should be a character on Big Bang Theory. Somewhere between Leonard and Sheldon, I think!!
    However, trying to make these changes presented a problem. When I tried to save, got a screen told me I wasn't authorized to make that change to .lua. How do I get around that?
  • BTW @iBird, I tried making the change doing my own typing, which failed, then tried to make the change with a copy paste from your instructions. Neither way was successful
  • Thanks @iBird for your help on this. I was having problems fixing it. The trick I learned was to save a Duplicate file in another location on your hard drive. Then , you copy , paste and override the previous file.
  • @tinostar11, I've saved the entire config.lua file into a folder, config, on my destop and copied the entire saved folder. Now, did you delete and paste into the rovio config.lua file or just the edited line?
    This is really scary for me.
  • I opened the .lua file , deleted the line , cut and paste the correct line , and created a new .lua file and saved it in any other location. The original file was closed after I did that without saving the original.
  • @tinostar11, I'm sorry, but I don't understand where you saved the new .lua file. Did you save it in the rovio entertainment file? on your destop? what? Pretend (it will not be difficult) I'm stupid...LOL
  • On your desktop , then you cut and paste it into the folder
  • I did all that. Opened Config.lua, deleted the last line, pasted iBirds last line, copied the entire file, pasted it into a folder on my desktop then closed the program file without saving any of the changes. Still crashes when I open the progam. What do you suppose I could have done wrong?
  • You then need to overwrite the new saved file into the location of the original file ( move and replace )
  • Won't let me. Says I'm not authorized to do so
  • OH, move the new notepad file into the rovio file and overwrite?
    Will try that

This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!