News & Rumors (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 31
  • 1875 Comments
  • No new Space update since 7 months.
    I think, next update will be a new Episode, not a mode. :)
  • Rovio should make a new update for Angry Birds Space. Speaking of Space, I think they forgot to make the next part for the comic, we have waited for more than 1 year
  • I guess Rovio thought it was a failed game so they informally decided to abandon it, @badpiggies, I would be surprised to see another update for it, but look how long it was in-between Smugglers' Plane and Market Mayhem, so there's still hope:]
  • Tiny thief is now available for iOS and android!
  • ABF update: Play without signing in to facebook!
  • Hmm, according to a tweet by the International Floorball Federation there could be something in the works by Rovio or just something else for that matter. Here's the tweet:

Angry Birds + Floorball + an Education bus travelling to Chinese universities. Stay tuned.... http://fb.me/1hjJAQMxH
  • Thanks @dromega for the great and last breaking news. It sounds like a great half year for the Angry Birds Fans :-)
  • So all the Angry Birds game are gonna have an update except for Seasons, why they don't make a summer theme for that game like the last year
  • They've got to update Seasons soon. They're way behind on the number of episodes.
  • Quick update to include the Tanabata information. I knew I forgot something..
  • Tanabata.... maybe THAT will be the seasons update!!
  • Looks like we can add Return of the Jedi to the list of forthcoming updates: http://angrybir.de/12rLmAB
  • I think you accidentally a word, there, Slim ;)
  • Any news about updates for The Croods?
    I only see AB news.
  • We have a forum thread specifically for The Croods. If there are any rumors about updates, I bet they would appear there.
  • ABSW coming to consoles!

More info: http://starwarsgame.angrybirds.com/

Includes:
    Multiplayer
    20 NEW levels
  • Remastered for gaming systems, Angry Birds Star Wars features all new competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, 20 exclusive new levels created just for the console game, and over 25 hours of epic gameplay.

The game will be available for the Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Nintendo's Wii™ and Wii U™, and Nintendo 3DS™ on October 29, 2013 in the US and November 1, 2013 globally.
  • Twitter: We'll be unveiling THREE AngryBirdsStarWars2 characters tomorrow!
  • New Bad Piggies update coming Monday July 22. Including Power-ups!
  • 30 new levels :O in the game you can only see 15 cmoning soon, but 30 is better :)
  • Yeah, @jos , 30 levels!
    Power-ups will come to PC ?
    Or only iOS/Android like Angry Birds.

If we have to buy power-ups, then Only mobile users can buy them, as IAP (In-App Purchase) is not available on PC.
  • Rovio Account let's you save your progress and continue on another device! http://rov.io/18rXr0N

Now available worldwide for the original Angry Birds game on iOS and Android devices. Support for more titles will follow.
  • 'The next step is for us to roll this out onto other Angry Birds and non Angry Birds titles, so that's exactly what we're going to do!'
  • Just to conglomerate all the update news into one post:

Timeline:
    NOW - SkyNest cloud sync for AB Classic

Jul. 22 - Bad Piggies Update

?? - AB Classic - Red's Mighty Feathers pt. II
    ?? - AB Rio Update
    ?? - AB Space Update
    ?? - AB Go!
    ?? - AB Star Wars - Return of the Jedi Update

Sep. 19 - AB Star Wars II

Oct. 29 - AB Star Wars on Consoles
  • Hmm... Can't wait to see Jar Jar's power. Will it be tripping over things to destroy them? It's been a while, but as I recall Jar Jar was pretty effective if comical looking.
  • @mvnla2, May be, they will tell us their power, today at Hasbro's Star Wars SDCC event.
  • Jar Jar's power in any other SW games has been to be able to jump higher than anybody else, like a Triple-Jump of sorts, but I don't know how they would integrate this into Angry Birds, great idea, @mvnla2, but I don't understand why everyone hates Jar Jar, can't wait to see Yoda and Grevious' power too:D
  • Is it just me, or are we losing the "bird" factor to "Angry Birds" with this new Star Wars game? Jar Jar would seem to be the first duck or at least flat-billed bird, except he has teeth and birds don't have teeth.. Honestly, I think he would look better without them.
  • I feel like ABSW2 doesn't even look like Angry Birds anymore. It's lost the charm ABSW1 had in the way it used pre existing birds and pigs.
  • This game already looks as though it will be better than ABSW1, which I never thought was possible, any news on the gameplay video for Yoda, Jar Jar and Grevious?
  • I hope they release the gameplay video. Comic-Con isn't accessible to everybody....
  • So, I just figured out from a close up that Qui-Gon Jin will be played by the White bird, but does this mean that he will only be featured in the first 2 episodes, as he dies at the end of the Phantom Menace? I wonder how Rovio are going to create such a variety in the amount of lightsaber moves the can have, looks as though Mace Windu's (don't quite know what bird he resembles yet, Terence?) power is similar to the Boomerand Bird, but he also carries on and does some damage, and that Darth Maul's power will be the same as Luke's in ABSW1, but he will have a double-sided lightsaber, obviously. My guess for Grevious will be 4 lightsabers at once, maybe even swirling about. From monday's announcement video, I think Yoda's power is to do alot of somersalts that do a heck of alot of damage. Padme's power may be the same as Leia's. Either Darth Tyrannus (Count Dooku) or Palpatine will have the ability to throw force lightning out of their hands. Annakin will probably be the same as Luke, Obi-Wan has the same force-push ability, demonstrated in monday's announcement video. Jar Jar: who the hell knows? All of the others, well, I guess we will find out!
  • in the case of Jar-Jar Binks, a sticky tongue that can snatch throwable objects and then hurl them at enemy pig structures.
  • @angermanagement - I don't think that Matilda is Qui Gon. Not only the gender issues, but the beak on Qui Gon looks Hawkish, while Matilda is obviously a chicken.

@surfcow - I think this is Rovio just having fun with the show "The Walking Dead" which had a presence at SDCC today.
  • I agree that ABSW2 looks less like the birds and too much like the movies. Too many SW characters to fill in.
  • I found an article stating some of the birds' powers:
    Jar-Jar: Sticky tongue throws objects
    Young Anakin: Podracer engine speed boost
    Obi-Wan: Force push (same as absw1)
  • @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster , see the video from Bad Piggies Above, cool gameplay showing
  • As you can see on this picture, every screen have 5 levels, second page have 6,7,8,9 and 10 + S-21 and S-22 (bonus levels)

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/josm/album/picture/5162/
  • @Jos Yes, Bonus levels like AB Space ...
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!