The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2243
  • 160343 Comments
  • @SeasonsKing -- Don't know if @JLZ666 was having problems, but I sure was. What you suggested was what I'd been trying. It did work this morning. There's nothing like confirmation that you are doing the correct thing, not to mention a good night's sleep.
  • Oh boy, I've been targeted by @bikkit on DZ-22 This could begin a sarcastic post war which I'm destined to lose.

@bernersenn you were right, two awesome episodes. Had the animals not distracted my, I'd have played all night.
  • @bernersenn You mean they don't like baths?!
    BTW, I start packing at least 2 weeks before departure :)
  • @Tompuss please tell me that doesn't include your daily-use toiletries. ;)
  • @tompuss no they don't like bath. We force them twice a year to have a shower - outside in our garden, with likewarm water. They hate it. Even on Holiday in Swiss (august, warm) I will dive sometimes in the one of the lakes around us. They never joined me, tried to. But a little piece of one of their feet wet: back off.
  • @sweetp, got a mention in my email about blue lines etc, but cannot find it on the nest.
  • @all today I started today twice such a blue bird. The button isn't placed very comfortable. Ok, never fired a bird. I'm wondering what would happen when I use all of them without shooting - would it be over then?
  • @bernersenn, I have a feeling positioning of the Blu bird PU button is deliberate by Rovio. If we can give flingers an accidental reminder that this awesome PU is available for them to buy, why not do it? ;-)
  • @fenikus, the bird is crap, don't know how to use it really. Look at my scores at #1 and #2 (compared to the others) - these scores are aweful. What I would like is a switch in the settings, as in ABO. There the PU button is greyed out. When use push it you get a message that you did switched them off. Were you friendly at your Sheriff? There must be a complete nest of them somewhere, they keep coming:D
  • @bernersenn, not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that this is probably Rovio's marketing technique. We can hate it but they need to make money somehow. I just wish they figured out a better way.
  • Especially since if you accidentally hit the button, then reset the level, it still counts as a use. Wish I could find out if the power-up prompts stop after you waste all your existing ones.

edit: @SweetP If you can fling accurately on Norco, I'm very impressed. Last time I took that, all I could do was sit around, giggle and drool a bit. :) Also on TT1, the video seems the way to go.
  • @Kelani, why don't you just waste them? Shouldn't be that hard to do or am I missing something?
  • @kelani Shame on you for asking! All those are on the "very last things" list!
  • @Kelani, I'll waste them on my android phone and let you know what happens.
  • @Kelani, wasted all PUs on my phone. The icon stays where it is but is grayed out and says "Get 10". You can still click on it and it brings up a popup where you can buy a "small bundle" for $2.99.
  • @SweetP @fenikus Thanks, but you don't need to waste your time on that, man :) If you DO want to waste time, I tried to replicate DCB this morning, but no luck. I've never been able to do it (intentionally) on ipad. If one of you gets bored... ;)

edit: figures. There's no getting away from them :/

Wow, the 3* threshold on Harbor 13 is the lowest I've seen. You can basically throw all 4 birds where you want and get it. I'm having trouble getting a score low enough to find 2*

@TomPuss Just checking ;)
  • @Kelani, I'm not going to try to replicate DCB anymore until Rovio tells us that it's fixed. It's a matter of principle. We should have heard back from them by now.
  • @fenikus No problem. I'll check it on PC when it comes out. I agree we should have heard something, but really, did you honestly expect we would? I'd hoped we would, to the point of checking the Rio credits for a Special Thanks To... :)

My date to go status-update hunting was July 22, but since this surprise update came out, and it's presumably the last new-content update, I'd like to know where it stands. Preferably before bugging an admin to bug a bigger admin to bug an overworked Finn who should be returning from an obscenely long vacation any day now.
  • @fenikus, did the same with the PU's. Loaded them, shot them to the left - and gone. Greyed out as you said
  • @bernersenn, wow -- amazing score on 1-8, my friend! Without revealing the strategy, was it one or two birds?
  • @bernersenn did the Hint popup also go away?
  • @Kelani, the hint popup didn't go away for me.
  • @fenikus not that amazing, no Sheriff;-) . Two birds I described what to pay attention for.
    Something conplete new: for level #9 I described a strat that I didn't get myself, that's weird isn't it? When I look at the scores of the other players there are lots of them having around 10k more than I do - and that is the worth of a bird, isn't it?
  • @kelani the pop-up between the levels you mean? Not seen yet, and I did already a lot of restarts. Level #9 is killing me
  • @kelani Just checking? To put your mind at rest, I'm autonomous for at least 4 weeks in underwear. (This is where you say "omg, that's much more than I wanted to know").
    Remind me to tell y'all my worst knicker experience sometime!
  • Funny thing, when we now publish a screen print people are going to say "hey, the guy must have using pu's". Yak, yak
  • OB, I got thirsty, ask those people in here what they wanted to have for drink and serve them what they wish.
    @tompuss packing 2 weeks before holiday? No, the day before. It gives a mess in the house
  • @bernersenn, re: #9…that means your description of the method was too good. Try to be more cryptic next time ;-)
  • @fenikus why? I'm glad to having this one written in "my english". Cryptical? Man, those words I don't even know. And, from now on, I am trying to put in some more text - former I posted a picture and a extreme short description.
    Btw, cryptical, what do you think video's do? I know you meant this with a laugh. :P
  • @fenikus and no, the description was written after I saw the scores of those other players. I was shocked, that much more than me? How, what? I had a screen as if the eagle has flown over it, almost complete description. Now it's trying my myself OR waiting till someone says that I was right.
    This level reminds me of that one with those three chains and little red,can't remember at the moment what game that was - it was #3 - that I remember
  • @bernersenn, of course I meant it with a laugh! As you know, I don't visit walkthrough pages or watch videos for a while so I was just horsing around ;-)
  • Yup, #3 in Blossom River, let's hope those high scores are not achieved with double counted bonus birds again. I haven't gotten to #9 yet, it's next on my list. I'll let you know what I think then.
  • @fenikus in the time we had time enough to play - not that much new games in short time - I always did the 3-steps rounds. First one, on my own. Second one, together with comments and video's, third one, those where I thought to be to far away from highscore.
    Talking about highscores, while typing this text there was someone at my door. #7 down the drain. OB, new drinks please
  • Aw. I've gotten 4 new sheriff notices in the last 2 hours.
  • @hunnybunny lol. That's very efficient. :) Same here about new Rio. It makes Blossom River seem like a sewage treatment plant.
  • @hunnybunny that's nice, 1k above. Need a hug?
    @kelani yes, the hunting ist the most lovely thing to do. I think without the Nest I never played these games so much. More as my nieces said "we're done with them, all 3 stars"
  • @bernersenn she's 1 *point* above. Never seen that before.
  • @bernersenn one point above, not 1k
    Need (hug)
    @kelani don't want you to sulk (again) if I don't say "Hi"
  • @bernersenn, just played TT #9. Those highscores look ok to me, the level can be 1-birded.
  • @hunnybunny @kelani how is that possible?
  • @fenikus about that #9, now you're talking cryptical. I assumed that there is a one-birder possible, and a good one. Got lots of one birds where the left part of the right structure collapsed - resulting in a very bad score. I'm almost on 15% of the battery, so have to be quick. Don't want to use the other Ipad yet - then I have to play the first 8 levels again
  • @hunnybunny I don't sulk, I pout. :o) Hi!

@bernersenn It confused me also. I know there was a bug where some scores ended in 9, but she tricked us with that pic. The average score is 108,759, and hers is 108,760
  • @bernersenn, no -- I see one where TNT on the right explodes as well. But don't want to discuss detailed strategies here lest we spoil it for people who want to have fun and figure things on their own.
  • {rat joke} @kelani please don't pout and use your "princess" pseudonym at the same time
    @rat will faint

Off to #9
Post in the New Forum!