The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3037
  • 159795 Comments
  • Looks like I'm being crowned. Like England's batsmen.
  • What do you call an Englishman who's good with a bat? A vet.
  • @brianN your dicing with death claiming the crown again.
    Joke, 10/10 roly man
  • Guess sport is put in it's place by what's just happened to Eriksen. Hope he's going to be ok.
  • Hey Princess Lurka, did you know what kind of beasties are lurking beyond your garden wall? Some poor guy just got swallowed whole by a humpback whale on the Massachussets coast. Bit of a wimp if you ask me, he only managed 40 secs inside it's mouth, Jonah managed 3 days and 3 nights.
  • Hey up @catsnbirds. I've had a real good go at beating ur score, not even close. Hope you keep the trophy.
  • Blimey, three apostrophe alerts in three consecutive comments. I guess I should let you guys off, English not being your first language.
  • Today's Challenge was more rinse and repeat than yesterday. But somehow more satisfying with a big explosion. Kind of therapeutic. Can't get there but at least it's a BP trophy, so to speak. We shouldn't be beating up each other.
    And I respectively scored 10 points fewer than @rat9, as we all should do.
  • If Rat was still here he'd beat u up with an apostrophe.
  • My name is Jon Johnson I come from Wisconson I work in the lumber mills there. I feel a song coming on.

https://youtu.be/yxT8hQ9cHJA
  • Hello @karen68. Is the 6 month rule still in place for the award of a Sharpshooter badge? Just noticed a comment in today's daily challenge walk thru page (SW1-D11) made me think otherwise.
  • @BrianN the 6 month rule means that the levels you’re playing must be at least 6 months old.
    And they all are now since they’re no longer releasing new levels for our games. :(
  • Thanks for that clarification @karen68. I thought that you had to have scores in top 20 for 6 mths. That makes things a lot easier.
  • @brianN pay attention
  • I think I would use the term less impossible than easier.
  • You two are chirpy today. Me, I'm brain fried. Boozy bbq weather. Nite all
  • Hi ;) Just peeking up from my lurka corner ;)
  • I'm watching a show on Netflix (surprise, surprise!) ;) It's Called The Break, I'm curious if someone can explain to me Why when they talk about the day of the murder Their voices say the 18th, and the captioning says the 17th , it's a French movie with English subtitles if that's any help¿
    Didn't even check the challenge today, my challenge was getting out of bed lol!! First time I've actually slept in the bed since the surgery, it was sooooo comfortable! But tonight is back to the recliner ..:/
  • Good Night Birdie Friends ♡♡♡
  • Oh I dunno @kathy, maybe the guy who did the subtitles isn't good with numbers? Or maybe it's a crucial part of the plot, to be revealed in the final episode.

I'm getting well into s2 of City on the Hill. Did you get s1 on Netflix @kathy? BTW is it true Netflix has had to scale up production due to unprecedented demand? (Yours that is).
    Set in 90's Boston, it centres around one of their 'Finest', 'cept he' s one of their worst. Jackie Rohr(played with brilliant swagger by Kevin Bacon) is a totally self absorbed user, causing destruction wherever he goes without ever looking back to observe the damage he's caused.
    Some superb lines in it. "You can't hold a grudge in this business (politics)" Response? "This is Boston. It thrives on three things:sport, politics and revenge".
    Superb song plays at end of ep 1.

https://youtu.be/62XRy-jFCm8
  • Wasn't it Homer Simpson who said "Revenge is a dish best served three times"? Speaking of which, my lunch awaits.

Apostrophies all in order @desperatedan?
  • Was the Scottish goalkeeper having a picnic?
  • Out to lunch I'd say. Bit frosty in the @ixan57 household just now.
  • Our Polski neighbours have got half of Warsaw in their back garden. Come on Slovakia!
  • @brianN never was really into football so it has worked out not to bad. She is: do you want another beer and another etc and buying a takeaway on the way home. The only minus is I'm working at 6am tomorrow.
  • Every cloud @ixan57, every cloud.
  • "It's all gone quiet over there!" Except it hasn't, they've cranked up the music to drown their sorrows.
  • If you are a Pole in Scotland today you will need to drown your sorrows
  • Hey @kathy there's a picture in my album that might cheer you up. See if you can guess which one is mine.
  • I'll have a peek @BrianN at your album, I looked on Netflix for City in the Hill with no results, of are you just making that up?
    As for the rest of today's posts, I'll assume you are all speaking of Football/Soccer ? I assume Scotland lost? And I don't think the Scots need a reason to Drink lol, they would if they Win or lose, that's the Spirit eh @Ixan57 *cheers* drinks on me! `¥` ? Close enough lol!
  • @BrianN sounds like a good plot though, wish I had it, and yeah that song is a classic Hit around these parts ;D
  • Ooohh My @BrianN what kind of animal is that?? *Edit* my bad you titled it 'your monkey' he's Sooo cute! And The skunk is cute too lol ;D
  • Ok No seriously What is it?? Looks like a skunk?
    And it's that your son? He's really a devilish looking one, Hey your the one who said your kids are animals! He is cute ! Looks like a handful of trouble your in when he gets older ;)
    Can't edit anymore, deal with it lol!!:D
  • Nighty Night Birdie Friends ♡♡♡
  • Skunk!? Are you insane? Have you been smoking skunk? Your memory isn't what it should be. I think it was round about the time we moved house(January) we were discussing what kind of monkeys were in AB Rio. I happened to mention we took a pic of our boy posing with a ring tailed lemur, and you said "put it in your album". So I did, 5 months later.
    He's only about 4 in the pic so not quite as cute now and smells like a skunk.
  • As for City on a Hill, we get it on Sky Atlantic here so maybe not available on Netflix. Another great line:
    (I'm paraphrasing) Jackie's wife is having a stand up row with her mother(who is a real piece of work) She's had her daughter and granddaughter come over with the priest to administer last rites. Turns out she needs a hip replacement! It was a pretext just so she could tell her daughter she was suing her for her house. So she points to the priest and says "And when he does come to give you the last rites he's hittin' the down button".
    See you Bostonians, vicious.
  • Which is which?
  • Now I am imagining an AB level with lots of little Brianettes hiding in the coconut trees.
  • After a hard day working in the baking sun I like nothing more than to relax with a cold one and to listen to the mellifluous tones of those gods of folk Mulligan and O'hare. From their seminal album Caravan Park I give you. 'My Rose has left me'
    https://youtu.be/l2skVCP6QVM
  • France-Germany, this is proper big boys football.
  • *sniff* now you've hurt my feelings @BrianN I admit my memory of the Ring-tailed lemur slipped my mind, but now that you mention it I do recall the conversation, actually my first guess was a marmoset , so I had some deep dark memory of our Rio conversation, but I've been through a lot lately so 5 months ago memory is a bit fuzzy ;/
    Last night at 10:30 pm Dave was prattling on about the ceiling fan switch position , should it be up or down, I snapped at him saying that was the furthest thing from my mind at that hour,, was I wrong?
    You say Football, I say Soccer, Tomato\Tomahtoe yeah yeah :D
  • Shall we have a vote? I say down.
  • The word soccer comes from Association Football which is the official name of the sport to distinguish it from Rugby Football or rugger. So strictly speaking soccer is the safer term to use to avoid confusion, especially if you also have American Football in the mix. However, tomahtoe is just plain ridiculous. Let's call the whole thing off.
  • You get tomahtoe on a hot sunny day when you wear sandals but forget sun cream.
  • @brianN leave it out.
    And talking about sun, where is it.
    Forgot its Scotland
  • Just messin' with ya as usual @kathy. I think I've gone on record as saying Ionce ate breakfast and forgot about within the hour, so a random conversation here 5 mths ago!?
  • You're in the wrong place @ixan57, loads of sun on the East side.
  • Loads here too. And celebrating Welshmen no doubt.
  • Oh, I just can't resist...
  • Putting that fez back on!
Post in the New Forum!