The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 397
  • 160343 Comments
  • Good morning @all. If anyone has a little time on your hands, I have a favor. Clearly, I completely offended ernor63 when I questioned his overall Piglantis score 63k points higher than the person in number two spot. Then it was defended. I then sent one last message explaining why i had questioned the score, but said the justifications were fine. Ernor finished the night by saying "I'm done with this site. I don't like being questioned."

I wrote again this morning explaining that it wasnt personal, and if we can't question a score 63,000 points higher than the next, then we can't really question any score (especially from someone who rarely, if ever, posts an explanation of their scores).

If anyone would like to back up what I said in an effort to make ernor63 feel better, I would appreciate it.

I really didn't mean to create so much drama! (okay, sorry this is so long!)
  • Not true, @rdnzlrips82. I caught it.
  • Hi, @doctonynyc how are you? I was reading some of the comments last night and I understood just what you meant. I will be glad to attempt to pour some oil on the waters:) I will put on my "tactful" hat and head over there in just a minutes.

@rd I also noticed the news. I am not sure how groups work, so I can learn something new.
  • Hi @SMBB:) How are you?
    OB, could I get an iced coffee to go, please? I'm heading to the Season's leader board for a bit. Thanks!
  • @wanda You should check out groups. It's right under the Community drop-down. Using groups is much more easier as comments are clubbed to each other. LOL, sorry for the long explanation.
  • Hey @wanda. Thanks. It's taken an ugly turn this morning, ugly enough, in fact, that Ive now said that I will never question another score on the leaderboards. Frankly, my initial reaction was "I've had enough of ABN."
  • @Doc See, I don't think it's wrong to point off higher totals or scores. Even I would have done the same but sometimes people misunderstand your comments. I am sure it will be sorted out sooner or later.
  • Thanks, @IamMighty. Have you seen the most recent comments? I tried to explain that 36k is huge. His response was that it was unreasonable still because many people have higher scores than him.
  • I'm doing fine. :)
    May I get a (substitute eggs) and sausage biscuit please? Thnx.
  • What a fun thing to wake up to! I'm just bummed out because I really do try very hard to be respectful of everyone.
  • @Doc Don't stop questioning fake scores. I think we all don't know some of the best and legit players here and for example I hadn't heard of ernor but I know the others. So we learn from our mistakes.
  • Going back to piglantis. See you all later.
  • Bye @SMBB. Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you.
    @IamMighty. That was part of my point. Ernor isn't known well here because s/he rarely(if ever) posts. I promise, I will be okay. Thanks very much for listening to me vent.
  • @Doc Always here.
    @angryboy Hey! Hows you?
    @SMBB Good luck ;)
  • The funny thing is when I get one high scor on a level, I'm so convinced that it will be questioned that I always just expect it (and I've never been challenged, actually).
  • Hi @mighty, I have looked at groups, but probably won't figure it out until it happens. I usually need to see things, rather than read about them :).
    @doctony I think you have expressed yourself quite well. Least said, soonest mended :).
    Please don't stop monitoring scores, it is necessary!
  • Well, @doctony, I only have one high score, so I don't have that problem :). I haven't checked it lately; it might be gone. Be right back!!
  • @wanda LOL. Sorry. I just want to type all day long
  • Whew!!! It is still there :). (Rio 3-10).
    Does anyone else think of City Slickers when you hear the song "Rawhide"? :).
  • No problem, @mighty :).
  • Thanks for what you said in the comments @wanda. Last thing and then I'm done,I promise. Sal,s comment wasn't exactly cool. He basically said, "ernor, you know we don't have control over the idiots who question scores."
  • Lol, glad it,s still there @wanda.
  • I'm good
  • @Doc Sal definitely meant something else.
  • @IamMighty. I'm really wanting to move on, but I'm not seeing the comment as edited. I keep refreshing the page, and it's the same. To be clear, he didn't use the word "idiots," that was what I think he implied.
  • @doctony, thanks! When you only have one, you get territorial!
    As for @sal9's comment, I really don't think he meant anything against you. I don't believe you could be in his position if he thought any of us were idiots :). You could always PM him. I think that all of the admins here do a great job of handling situations, and they all seem very fair minded, to me. Try to put it behind you, @doctony. We all know you meant well :).
  • I'm moving on. It was a rude awakening this morning! Like I said, Im more bothered by the fact that I really pride myself on being respectful of people.
  • On a happy note, I just got 119790 on the challenge:). I am only about 900 points from top 50-as it stands now. YAY!!!
  • Nicely, done, @wanda. I keep trying LOD, but I've been distracted! Lol
  • Thanks, @angryboy. Have you played it today?

@doctony, take out your frustrations on the pigs! I do, and it helps. It's a lot cheaper than therapy :).
  • I haven't played AB in a week
  • @wanda. Tried a few times. Improved by about 1000, but long way to go to catch up with you!
  • @wanda Nice! I've been stuck at 119k too. Wanting to get in the Top 50.
  • Why not @angryperson? Too busy in BP, Jr?
  • that... and other stuff, I think I'll play today
  • @mighty Frustrating, isn't it? 870 lousy points for me:).
    @doctony keep at it :). I went from 114 to 116 to 119 in about 10 tries. I guess I found my groove :). Now, I am stuck in my groove!
    @angryboy, what games have you been playing?
  • I haven't played many games that much, all I've played all week was either subway surfer and flow free
  • @doctony don't norm post thru the day,can't afford to get caught up with nice peoples conversations but escaped clients for five mins to say 3 things...you had every right to question a high score,you apologised(not your prob if they won't accept it) & please don't stop keeping an eye on the boards!! I only hope you can question one of mine at some point lol!! Chin up! Oh that was 5 things!! Sorry rambling! Back to work:(
  • @angryboy, I don't know either of those :). I am usually playing AB or KenKen type games. I also like Word Collapse.
  • Well my block sort of worked, as that person tried to post other stuff and it got held for moderation and didn't appear on-site.
  • @amslimfordy If you haven't already, @angryboy wanted you to try and answer today's(actually yesterday's) trivia question. As far as I know, no one has answered it correctly yet.
  • @amslimfordy glad it seems to work! You guys are quick on the draw:).
  • @blahalb09 that's not a trivia question. It's random guessing.
Post in the New Forum!