The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2131
  • 160040 Comments
  • @fenikus There are some levels like that, but there's also some with a half-dozen viable strategies, precision shots actually working, and so much physics, your head spins. I gotta ask, then. What kind of levels do you enjoy?
  • @Kelani, I enjoy what you described. But what turns me off is that you have to wait for sooooo long for the whole scene to settle and tally up the score. Maybe I looked at levels that are not exemplary.
  • Well the good news Is I picked up a few points in level #2 not enough but enough; )
  • Ahhh @Kelani you figured out our Ma/Pa plot.. and here we thought we had everyone fooled:/
  • '* hangs up sign*
    'GoNe FlinGin'
  • @fenikus There are a lot of open-space levels. Because stuff can bang around eternally, some levels tally very fast -sometimes too fast. Others have -very- strong gravity fields, so stuff gets instantly obliterated. One thing I like, the birds, collapses and explosions seem much more energetic. If I play Space, other games feel like you're slow-pitching marshmallows at styrofoam blocks.
  • @fenikus Not my cup of tea? Actual meaning: I'd get my A** kicked.
    Remind me never to make Ma mad.
  • @fenikus I might be out of commission but @Burpie is as good or better than me. He'll show you how it's done.
  • (And I bet @burpie is sitting in ISS saying: "Shut up, @Rat, shut up! We don't need no new whippersnappers in Space).
  • @fenikus How pretty. I wanna hit them with birds! :>

@All Is it normal on a level's leaderboard for 20% of the top 100 to be members with 0 points and empty profiles?

edit: with the same number of scores (105) entered in Rio and nowhere else?
  • @Kelani, I thought you might like the picture. There's you sitting on the 2.6m peak (the one to the left) and I'm right there with my fingers reached out to grab it. Dem hot air balloons are nowhere near it.
  • @Kelani, huh? Which level?
  • Oohhh @fenikus poor naive fenikus yeppers ummm I'm 100% sure @burpie won't even attempt the Space update with 'you "young whippersnappers " suiting up.. probably scared him off!
  • @fenikus It is a nice picture.

Look, there's @Rat in the rainbow one, with the little red @Kathyballoon right beside it! :)

Wait.. what's that written on yours? H..i..n..d..e..n..b.. can't make out the rest.
  • @fenikus Jungle Escape 27. The more I look at it, I think they may just be users who joined and added scores for the original 4 Rio levels, then went away. If it's not that, then somebody's made a scorebot. I just noticed #2-4 were 0-pointers and there's more scattered throughout the top 100.
  • Darn I wish I could get one of those 'so called' DCB 's to boost my score by 20k points! !
    Naw I just get the usual flying Marmoset:(
  • He still don't get it does he @Ma? One good thing has come out of this. My smoke breaks are shorter and less frequent since I stopped flingin'.
  • @Kelani, interesting observation re: JE-27.
  • @fenikus The #2, #3 and #4 guys have awful scores in that episode, except for that one level. That's very odd. I flagged all three, but I doubt anyone reviewing will notice that.

btw, y'all don't know me well, either :P
  • You did surprise a lot of people, young padawan @Kelani, I bet including yourself. You had too much respect for "Mighty Rat" until a true Master showed you "how it's done" ;)
  • Hey @Kelani. That's mighty big talk coming from the guy that's NOT in first place. And is he actually bragging that he's 6k ahead of me after playing twice as long?
  • Can I borrow the little yellow guy @Ma. That's how I feel too! ha ha ha ha
  • BFNIMCBLIDK
    night Ma
  • @Rat "y'all don't know me well, either" is big talk? No way.

@fenikus Ya see what my respectfulness gets me? More Rat lip!

I'm reporting those #27 scores.
  • @Rat, I still have a couple of nuclear strikes up my sleeve (never had to use them against you). I'm just debating whether to deploy them before or after Beak Impact release. I don't want to shatter young padawan @Kelani's confidence because I want him to beat you in Space as well. And you don't know that I played that much more than you; BP talk does not equal actual flinging.
  • hmm, it seems bryonjames didn't like my high score on #13. I'd better get my swimmy trunx back on.
  • Night Pa ;)
  • *here is my flashligh OB could you hold on to it. I don't remember if I thanked @Sweetp for taking such good care of it last night. .if not please thank her for me and put whatever she wants on my tab.. same for @bird-addict for taking care of it the other night.
    Don't let these whippersnappers cause to much commotion. .Id hate to see @Ripsy come in all upset at the unrest the River has churned up. We created this place to be a chill out peaceful place,, night night all.
  • @Kelani, we get no respect, do we? I guess we were and still are both naive. We didn't/don't realize that BP cred (i.e. amount of hot air you can produce with yer lip) is in higher regard than actual leaderboards! When will we learn?
  • @fenikus I...just don't know. We need the cred, but whenever we try for it, @Kathy barges in and raps our knuckles with that blankety-blanking flashlight! Man, that hurts! I think we're the victims of a conspiracy to preserve the hidden power structure.
  • Hmm. I can't use a DCB to teach bryonjames not to mess with my high scores... can I? :D
  • alrighty then. 'nighty @Kathy and @Lurkers
  • Hey @Kelani. Not that it matters, but my last comment wasn't directed at you. It was for the guy in second place at the river. I got nothing but respect for the flinger that hit 2.6 million first.
  • @kelani @fenikus I've known Mr @Rat a little bit longer than you two. A BIG rat in a small sewer. He'll manipulate anything, anyone, other than his scores. Take him as you find him, I rather like him, although he "sets me up" occasionally, but I just ignore that now!
  • I miss you too @Hunnybunny.
  • @all -- Just snuck a peak at my SW II Clones LB. Ugh! on Bird Side I'm below average on all but 2 levels; Pork side is slightly better, and I do still have 1 top score.
  • Where's @jlz666 when you need her?
    We live in a town house, ie tall but narrow. I'm cleaning the kitchen / diner downstairs, the lounge is upstairs. Just as I finish steam cleaning (very noisy, can't hear anything) the floor, the music system starts playing Guns n Roses November Rain. I sat on the bottom step listening to Slash and his guitar, in heaven! Only JLZ will know what I mean......
  • @hunnybunny My old band used to cover that song. Piano/keyboard part was pretty fun.
  • @hunnybunny I have a love/sad rerelationship with that band in particular November Rain and actually both illusions albums ..and @JLZ666 is on holidays; ) I think she posted the pics here q couple pages back?
  • Hi guys, I just got back from a 4-day training camp for the Space update which involved baking in the sun and guzzling copious amounts of beer. I've never been in better shape!
  • Hi, burpie, I just got back from a week in Spain, guzzling copious amounts of wine. Must have worked, I just increased my score on BR8 by the absolutely huge sum of 20 points!
  • WB @burpie Did you have time for your spacesuit fitting in-between beers?
  • @kathy that sounds like a long story in the telling.....
  • Custom spacesuit eh @Burpie? The Russian spacesuit outfitter told me "все один размер подходит в". I couldn't even get my fat head in the helmet. Looks like I'll be late to the game. One size does not fit all.
  • @Rat that last в character adds "in" to the end of your sentence. If you can't find a helmet, draw on your Southern powers. Get a big fishbowl, a piece of tubing and a roll of duct tape.
Post in the New Forum!