The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3153
  • 159794 Comments
  • The restocking of the jukebox this week has some odd records, I must say.
  • https://youtu.be/OV17FJdMHeg
    This might be the solution to the French problem
  • Now, the big question, Beatles or Stones. It's Beatles for me and I will tell you why. The Beatles quit pretty much at their peak. Their last album Abbey Road is many people's favourite. They hardly released any crap (Free as a Bird is terrible, admittedly). The Stones hit their peak a bit later (Exile on Main Street?) and have spent the 50 years after that releasing a lot of forgettable stuff with the occasional good single. Still good live though. Ultimately, mainly because of the live issue, they can't be compared very easily. They were just different.
    Favourite Beatles song: Medley from Abbey Road.
    Favourite Stones song: Gimme Shelter
  • Yep @DesperateDan watch out for the restocking of the jukebox lol, magically it comes up with tunes no one has ever heard Hehehe!
  • Welsh fire still find more ways not to win. Exciting though. I won't mention my boys at Wembley, oops...
  • But your choice at the top of the page wasn't a hit I remember @kathy! Did the kathyboard strike again?
  • I've been trying to play this but RL keeps interrupting me lol
    https://youtu.be/_EPsuOEH1fY
  • Yes @DesperateDan that one at the top must've been a Kathyboard takeover
  • @DesperateDan will you still get the notification if I just call you @Dan ? It's so much to type the whole thing :(
  • Dan, we was robbed, he was definitely out…
    And just who should be wide eyed and legless?
    Goodnight, God only knows what’s on the Jukebox next..
  • Good song @Dan
  • @DesperateDan you haven't answered my question, so I guess that's my answer?
  • @kathy, guess I don't have notifications set up as I never get any whatever people call me. Have I missed something?
  • Didn't see the run out @hunnybunny, I was listening on Radio5 sports extra. But it sounded out on radio. As for being wide eyed and legless, I'll leave you to work that one out. I know. Send Mr Bunny round to tell him to stay. That'll work.
  • Quizzical Monday, Dan!
  • I was on fire. Got the Canada one for 4 points, got the months one for 4 points, spotted the Eurovision one but was too slow and almost got 5 points for the presidents but was slightly out.
    Ground to a halt on UC after that (he reads the questions too fast).
  • Not very good at lurking am I? Anyway "This is your Captain speaking!"
    https://youtu.be/Yci0SvK7dIo

Still waiting for Sir Paul's riposte.
    Beefheart Bones and Smithy Drones.
  • Yes @BrianN you are a terrible lurker, I've been lurking all morning and you did not notice, as it should be ;)
  • Dan, we were s****e at Only Connect, but good at UC, especially me!

On a totally different topic, spend all day in hospital, and you bump into more people you know (of a certain age, obviously) than you do at the supermarket all month

Anyway, my mystery ailment (don’t worry if you haven’t been assigned one yet, God is waiting to give the most mysterious one; ever)

Heart and lungs working: more oxygen in my blood than any sixty three year old smoking, asthmatic, woman has a right too.
    No blood clots, no abnormalities in blood either. No lumps or bumps.

No F*****g clue….
  • Ah no lumps or bumps. That rules out the spanner, candlestick and the lead pipe.
    Just leaves the dagger, rope or pistol.
    Mr bunnies man cave could that be the study or the library.
    Anyway @HunnyBunny you are still breathing.
  • Any weird long Covid type possibility? If you've had it that is. I've had arm weakness, aching neck and shoulders and hay fever for months, all straight after Covid. There just seem to be so many odd symptoms.
    On another note, clearing out my house in Derby, I have found in the region of 30-35 brand new pairs of footwear. I was, it seems, married to Imelda Marcos. Younger readers may have to Google her, go on, it's worth it.
  • I thought I was the new Imelda, but 35 pairs of unworn shoes! That’s impressive

On COVID, I never had a single symptom, but who knows?
  • In her defence, about 15 pairs were slippers, if that's any defence at all.
    Found interesting stuff belonging to her father, who was born in 1915. Quite poignant, especially as she never really knew him as he died when she was two. A book of poetry given as a school prize, almost a century ago.
  • Sorry to hear about your mystery ailment @hunnybunny it seems like our friend @ixan57 doesn't have a Cleudo© either. Are you feeling like you wanna hit him with a lead pipe? Just had my third dose of covid and it's wiped me out, can hardly get up my steps never mind ladder. What symptoms do you have? Seem to remember you saying you go down to the gym so assume you're fairly fit (or do you go for a coffee and an ogle?) As a former detective I'm sure you'll work out what ails you. Maybe it's the thought of Frenchie leaving!
  • How's ur luck? A woman in Texas was out mowing her lawn when a snake dropped on her head, wrapped itself round her arm and started attacking her face. Meanwhile a hawk(the one that dropped the snake) also attacked her trying to get it's lunch back scratching her arms to ribbons in the process.
    Just goes to show how priorities in life can change quickly. One minute you're mowing the lawn, the next...
  • @BrianN go get your lawn mower.
  • You can never have too much House of Love. Criminally underrated pure pop.
    https://youtu.be/DVdfi1VoM7w
  • I'm off to get my hedge trimmer. Again.
  • In England no one can hear you scream.
    https://youtu.be/I2kHEQlrK3U
  • Now you're talking!
  • Dan, my dad was born in 1916, fought in WW2, had a wife and a son, who I had no idea about, left them for Mum, and he dies in 1965, from Weil’s disease, I was five my sister four. With two and tuppence in his pocket!
    Bringing back memories
    He loved music, had a huge sideboard with record player and tape, could make me and my sister sing (very badly) record, play fast, play slow, and we sounded like Pinky and Perky!
  • And many years after my father died, my mother came around and I was listening to Ella Fitzgerald
    “Your dad loved Ella”
    In the genes

https://youtu.be/Xv-E--ExbXU

I’m guessing you lot hate it!

Done now, other than saying I was born in Surrey, so well done Invisibles ,,,
  • Au contraire Bunny makes the heart sing.
  • The parallels are quite spooky @hunnybunny. Her father was 1915-1964. My wife also did not know that she had a half sister and a half brother from her father's previous marriage, he too left his wife and took up with a woman 20 years younger than him (i.e. my wife's mum). Chris didn't find out about her sister (the bother had died) until she was in her thirties. Why her mum never told her was a mystery and a source of much pain. It took the Salvation Army to track her down. Fortunately the reunion was a success and I am still in close contact.
  • True Surrey anecdote. Woman from Britain on holiday in the States. A native spots the accent and asks which part of the county they are from.
    "I'm from near London. Surrey"
    "There, there, no need to apologise dear".
  • I wonder if your liking for Ella Fitzgerald is more than genetic @hunnybunny. I was reminded of an article I read years ago about a man who became a classical musician and was asked to learn a piece of music he'd never heard of before. But when he looked at the score he was astonished at how familiar he was with it and it was only when he spoke to his mother about it the mystery was solved.

She also was a classical musician (cellist) and she had been rehearsing this same piece of music while he was in the womb. I suppose the sound of her strumming the large resonant box between her legs(I 'm talking about the cello... you lot are so filthy!) must have been quite a sensation for the unborn child.

Anyhoo my point is maybe those 2 years and 9 mths when your dad was around playing Ella left it's mark on your subconscious.

Yours Scooby Doo and Mystery Inc.

Ps after 16 and 11 years respectively none of my kids like The Fall. Shan't give up.

Pps I'm totally sober as I am 90%of the time I post here. Can you spot the difference?
  • Er, I think we have just established that your wife's exposure to The Fall while she was pregnant is the only possibility game changer. I think we can rule out the music itself.
  • To be fair my daughterikes some pretty cool bands and my son hasn't yet found the portal into musical heaven(where MES resides). Also: how dare you!
  • Never met my half brother either, he died in the eighties
    Found out about my father being married before when Mum died. Marriage Certificate gave me the clue!
    My cousin in New Zealand (now sadly passed) always rang me on New Years Day.
    So I asked. Half brother was very charming, drank too much, smoked too much (def a half of me)
    And when my lovely cousin came back to Wales to marry for the second time, Dad’s first wife was there. And no one told me or sis.
    As Chris said “A mystery and much pain”
  • @BrianN nope on the sober/hammered
  • Welsh on Fire!
  • Which bloomin' team do you support? Glamorgan? Surrey? Hampshire? Welsh Fire? Make yer mind up.

The one that's winning I'm guessing.
  • Confession
    Went to see “Barbie” tonight
    My in full PINK! Obviously
    Would have liked to have had Mr Bunny in the full Ryan Gosling sleeveless black rhinestone with artificial mink Mojo coat
    It was a hoot!
    He hated it…
  • Yep, any team I have a connection with who is winning
    So who does @BrianN support from some nowhere place in Scotland?
    Or did some woman drag you up there from some English County that you support through thick and thin?
  • I am Durham through thin and thin.
  • The Hundred is more difficult as there is no direct corelation between the teams there and the counties. 'spose Northern Superchargers as 3 Durham players there.
  • What does Barbie do on Halloween?
    Pumpken.
Post in the New Forum!