The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3183
  • 160343 Comments
  • A new page at last, and no headwear to get steamed up about. Since no-one else seems to be here, I can make the rules. Absolute power. And absolute power corrupts. Get ready folks.
  • Sorry @DesperateDan , but YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! I’ve been lurking since page 1 and am not about to stop now! Kathy has owned the crown for a long time - officially made part of her avatar some years ago (of course I can’t remember just when - too many years crowding together).
  • Yes, I know you are there @catsnbirds. Just a bit of trolling to pass the time. Please have a drink and a condiment on me. All I meant about the crown was that we should not claim it anymore. It's caused a few arguments in the past, no need for any more.
  • I was going to make some inane comments about England's batsmen's ability to stuff up a 5 test series on day one. Glad I held back on that one. Who saw that coming on day two? Cue jam references on tomorrow's back pages.
  • Hope you're having a great time in Lanzarote @hunnybunny hear the temperature is wacky atm. Watch out for the Saharan dust and local malcontents grumping at tourists testing the Island's infrastructure to breaking point. Even though it's tourism that provides most of them with a livelihood.
  • Ah @desperatedan you and your obsessive quest for points. I do have Classics on Bluestacks and it's perfectly playable however it was downloaded onto my pc on a whim on the last day it was available on Google play. The issue with Uptodown apk may have to do with the original having to be purchased. I have had issues with Seasons apk in the past where they must've been bought from Amazon and although I can download it I can't access the game without a purchase code.
  • Hey @tompuss was that the house that Jacques built?
  • Hang on @brianN. Obsessive quest for points? We are cut from the same cloth there, surely.
  • 181k behind @asher. Hoping for something spectacular on 35-9.
  • Got it.
    146k behind @asher.
  • @desperate-dan I admire your ambition!
  • Don't encourage him @karen68.
  • We are definitely both AB obsessives @desperatedan but not driven in the same way. My obsession is for exploiting glitches or anomalies in older versions. Even though my brain tells me it's not possible to get hold of a functioning version with the Seasons Greedings SHG I cannot give up my quest. My biggest bugbear at the moment is not being able to access older versions of the Pig Days levels (from On Finn Ice Rovio only made them available via the cloud which has now evaporated). Know that I can't get close to @asher anyway without using recording techniques but not bothered about that. Much more bothered about missing out on those juicy glitches. Gaaaaaahhhhhh!
  • Made really hard by the fact that getting ABO to work at all is very intermittent. Don't know why, it seems very random.
    My other current obsession, and this is 100% on Classics so no recording, is getting trophies. I've got loads in Classics and @discobeaks has cottoned on and I am under attack. But basically, if I can catch @asher (and @asher doesn't start using Classics), I think I can retire and go back to picking and choosing the odd Challenge.
  • I've heard that one before.You'll never retire,you've got it too bad.Anyway just waiting for it to get above zero then I shall freeze my ass off in Letham.Be seeing you.
  • Letham sounds like a happening place.
  • Not very good for Scottish tourism. Brian running about with no ass and a monkey on the loose with no nuts.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv2xpdj27k8o
  • P.S just for clarification the picture in the link is the monkey not Brian
  • That monkey sure has an ass,a big red one.I think if I had taken my pants off there might've been a few zookeepers chasing after me.

Hey @ixan57 as you get older do you find yourself wondering more about the hereafter?You go into a room and wonder what you're here after?
  • Just checked in to find it's ABO in the challenge.Think you scored 71k on this one @desperatedan by marinating for four hours while you took Twiggy out for a walk.Bad boy!
  • Reporting in
    Lanzarote is, indeed, unseasonably hot
    Calima did not sprinkle Sahara sand everywhere (unfortunately out at sea, nowhere near the airport, to our disgust; it stops the plane from taking off, and keeping us here!)
    Good hotel, short walk to a lovely Marina, no Spanish food to be found, but good curry tonight, Italian, fish and chips, etc, on other nights
    It’s Brits abroad!
    Bunnyman’s 70th tomorrow
    He’s distraught
    But the best restaurant on the island awaits…
    Home on Thursday, to cold Welsh Drizzle, yuck!
  • Hey @hunnybunny. we've had two glorious sunny days (Sun, Tues) where Twiggy and I have fantastic walks on the lower hills. Llanfairfechan (where we were) got up to 17 degrees on Sunday and I was in a t-shirt. At Conwy marina today and no Spanish food. Lots of Brits here. So no different from Lanzarote really.
  • Airplane mode all today @brianN. Rubbish. Hit 71k again but not enough.
  • Be a while before we see any hot Welsh drizzle.Blowing a houly here tomorrow,ladders parked I think.70 is just a number @hunnybunny...a big one though.
    Had a go at the challenge @desperatedan but it kept crashing so gave up(at 66k)Back to Seasons it is despite the fact Pig Days 4-1 is a pig and I've been at it for days.What's the opposite of moreish?
  • Post script on PD 4-1.It's not the level it's the high scoring strategy courtesy of @angrychicken though I suppose I should be grateful it's there it's an absolute bugger to pull off.Found myself hissing at the screen like a cat at the injustice of it all.Does anyone else do this?...Just me then?
  • While I'm here the forced jollity of daytime tv presenters is driving me bonkers.You couldn't pay me enough to blow smoke up the backsides of some of the idiots they get on.My wife needs to find a job, I can't have a skivy wind day without this inane drivel getting under my skin.That coupled with PD 4-1 has got steam coming out of my ears.
  • My son has a favourite utube character atm -a lad who has manic tantrums while playing computer games.If he ever makes a video of me playing AB while This Morning is on it could go viral.
  • I'm tempted to post a high score on PD 4-1, stand back and admire the result.
  • Hey @desperatedan was thinking of downloading a complete version of ABO onto Bluestacks but from what you say it's not immune to crashing.Are there any versions before the final update that contain JPark but not prone to crashing?
  • I will @desperatedan providing it was san BS
  • I think that poor monkey will have a blue arse today.That rain was horizontal.Freedom at a price.
  • And what's all this about dry January?!
  • It's in Wales.
  • Not sure about non crashable versions @brianN. It finally came back today ( in Bluestacks).
  • Fair do's.Will check Nest updates for first version to feature JP.
  • Nest update log not too helpful couldn't see JP mentioned so as Piggy Farm was v7 assumed JP would be 8 .0.0 and it was there when I downloaded it but after a couple of tutorial levels it closed down just like the other one.

You may be able to add more to this conundrum than I @desperatedan.In the past I have used older versions of ABO and have not had any problems, but the most recent was only 5.0.0.I just wondered what the cut off point is and if there is a common denominator.What is the most recent version you've been able to access without having these issues?For instance have you tried Piggy farm version?
  • I can't remember. I would do some trial and error but it involves doing complicated back-ups because after every version switch you have to start from scratch and you lose progress in previous games. Well I do. I think on the whole I have had less trouble with pre JP games but that has been to do with memory issues, not starting or access issues, which has been my bugbear.
  • Don't know who did the scheduling for this years 6 nations but putting France v Ireland first up makes the rest of the tournament a bit of an anticlimax.

When I get a chance I'll see what I can come up with re ABO versions.Ithink the ideal of having a base level containing JP that doesn't crash is unlikely ,the next best thing would be to have one that has PF.
  • Since I'm here why is everyone lobbing missiles at each other just now?No wonder the Doomsday Clock is set at 90 seconds to midnight.Mind you that was last week.
  • Safely home, after the shite that is Arrecife Airport
    The Bunnyman is one quarter Irish Gypsy, so rooting for Ireland, but correct, whoever said it, this should be the final match
  • The fence between my house in Derby and the neighbours' house blew down so Twiggy decided to do a huge wee right in the middle of their nice green lawn. The brown patch that appears will be in perfect symmetry. Meanwhile we will retreat back to the principality.
  • Hang on @hunnybunny, was there any question that either of you would be rooting for France?
  • "Whoever said it " @hunnybunny? Some shrewd detective work required here.How many pages do we need to go back?Oh wait it's two posts up.It would appear Brian N was responsible for that perspicacious comment.Glad you're safely home Mrs Bunny.
  • Well that patch would've been even browner if Twiggy hadn't gone for the wazz.Wazz and run has always been my motto.Got me a night in the cells once but that's another story.
  • I presume your house is still on the market @desperatedan?
  • Yer man must be 1/4 elated @hunnybunny.One of the best performances seen at the home of France by a visiting team.
  • Only 140 behind on first innings.Should be a doddle.
  • Never been on market @brianN. I'm sorting it out for rental. I've now got much more time, having paused work for a bit, maybe won't ever start again. Depends if anyone wants me to do something I want to do, which is probably slight.
  • Crazy 26-27 game.
Post in the New Forum!