The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3145
  • 160343 Comments
  • Rant time
    F***king newspapers print any rubbish to tempt the public into reading their tantalising sex stories
    Poor Phillip Schofield. No complaint from Person X
    And this poor gent, no complaint from the anonymous but def a man
    And the police get slammed for not investigating a case with no complaint, hence no f***king witness
    And kill the celebrity’s career, forever

Anyone guessed I’m a retired Detective Superintendent? Who turned to Birds, fake stuff out of bottles and Whiskey…
  • Not sure the Crown looks pretty on ranting Bunny…
  • It’s a Kathy comment (don’t ask)
  • Well he wouldn't complain would he, not with £35 grand in his account.
  • Well DSU Compton, Birds? How the hell did that happen?
  • @HunnyBunny i reckon you would be a great character in new tricks. I can just see it DS HUNNYBUNNY
  • "Morning Super."
    "Morning Wonderful!"
  • Does this mean we have to be a bit more careful around you @hunnybunny? Given your penchant for potty mouth language and rude jokes I suspect not.

So does anyone else like a woman in uniform or is it just me?
  • Mr Bunny certainly liked me in a French Maid uniform
    But that was 40 years ago…
  • Should all TV presenters get together and record Shaggy’s “It wasn’t me” raise millions of pounds and pay off the low life they seem to be having sex with?
  • Alternatively, should all TV Presenters be given a Burner Phone on appointment?
  • Remember when we couldn’t find Elton John, Ryan Giggs, et al on the BBC website, because they couldn’t be named
    Twitter came up with them all, as it does with our Welsh National Treasure
  • I was more into intelligence (believe it or not) than investigating, also covert stuff
    Best story ever:
    A couple having an illicit affair
    The wife of the man is found dead
    Both have set up alibis
    Both wipe their phones
    So they think
    Phones are examined
    Alun nearly falls of his chair, when recovers
    “I think she’s dead, there’s blood everywhere”
  • Last Police Story
    I could bore you all to death for months
    I’m driving to work, and some up his own a**e MP comes on the Radio “People who leave school at sixteen are illiterate and unemployable”
    I left school at sixteen, I’m ranting (again)
    I was currently the Scientific Support Manager: Crime Scene Investigators, Fingerprint Officers, a Chemical Lab, Blood Splatter Diagrams - how cool is that - a £10M budget
    Sounds excellent for an uneducated, unemployable woman…
    Other than 144 whinging staff…
  • 'ello' ello 'ello what's all this then?
    You must watch tv police drama with a very critical eye. Which are most accurate?

Btw I left school at 15 and look at me now!... er I'll get me coat.
  • The Thin Blue Line, an eighties piss take on police, women, blacks, and the “look at me, didn’t I do well” CID
  • Happy birthday @TomPuss
  • But Birds @hunnybunny, tell us about the Birds. What terrible work pressues drove you over the edge?
  • Yes, MHROTD @tompuss. Stop rioting and celebrate with one of your favourite films.
  • Which footballer took a comedy show to court for alleged misrepresentation? His catchphrase was: "Where's the bodz?" (birds). He lost. Btw sadly I think the bunny refers to Angrybirds @desperatedan.
  • Hey @hunnybunny did you ever arrest a black man for possession of dark curly hair and thick lips?
  • Columbo best cop EVER!
  • @Desperate_Dan

Am doing just that. Day of the Jackal!
  • "Good evening I'm Huw Edwards and I am the news!"
  • Nothing threw me over the edge @DesperateDan
    I had to do 30 years for my Pension, I could bore you to death about Institutional Sexism, so I took a job with the NPIA with the Impact Programme - look them up if you are really bored - it was a fabulous job: working from home, twice a month in London for meetings, overnight, so shows and good food (out my my pocket, not the tax payers) and trips around England and Wales. Flying occasionally, driving my car (then a Mercedes SLK) or first class rail travel (also not out of the tax payers pocket, book early enough, rather than turning up on the day)
    Anyway, my two year contract expired, the job was changing, and after 30 years, 3 months, and 3 days, I retired. Aged 49.
    Then we knocked our house to pieces, travelled the world…
  • Next quizzical
    Where is the most unlikely place you’ve been in the World
    I start you with Columbia on a boat to Jamaica
  • @BrianN no on the “black curly hair” but certainly arrested for “having an offensive wife” and “walking on the cracks in the pavement”
  • You win @hunnybunny. I can do on Rhum on a boat to Muck and Eigg.
  • Yes of course @brianN, I want to know about the Birds! Not the Hitchcock film, not the custard, but the game we all know and love. What happened?
  • Welsh flags are at half mast. I said flags, not trousers...
  • Was that one of your covert operations @hunnybunny?

I was once on a pedalo in Skegness.
  • Paddy McGuiness made me laugh: "35 grand for a wank! Bloody hell that's a grand a stroke!"
  • Changing the subject, here's another quizette.

Something links these three albums.

The Stone Roses by The Stone Roses
    Divide by Ed Sheeran
    Clouds by Joni Mitchell

Don't give the answer directly. But give me another album that could join this group.
  • Noticed during the Kevin Spacey trial he has a couple of very handsome young men in his briefs... er sorry I meant as his briefs... gotta get that right.
  • Also noticed while scrolling through the EPG to find out if anything good was on at the weekend that BBC 2 are showing Ice Station Zebra immediately followed by Heroes of Telemark. Is Mr Bunny tight with The Beeb's controller of scheduling?

Bit of a Ray Davies, Kinks tribute on Sat evening well worth a watch.
  • I have seen the Kinks live. St Albans City Hall, late 1970s. Excellent stuff.

Here all the bands/artists I have ever seen. Not a very long list. Nobody in about the last 30 years. In no particular order.

The Kinks
    Argent (twice)
    Ralph McTell
    Genesis (twice)
    Lisa Stansfield
    Deep Purple
    The Beat
    King Crimson
    Tom Paxton (at least 4 times, my parents' favourite)
    Wishbone Ash
    The Supremes (post DR)
    Frank Ifield (don't ask)
    John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett
    Joan Armatrading (well I saw her, but she was just walking past my window)
    Kid Creole and the Coconuts (although my memory could be faulty).

Er...that's it.
  • Me
    Mungo Jerry (drummer fell of the stage and broke his leg, no idea why he wasn’t sat, safely, behind his drums)
    Slade
    Elton John
    The Bay City Rollers (obvs, I was 14)
    Queen (THE BEST EVER)
    Hall & Oates
    KC & The Sunshine Band (danced with them on the stage)
    Tom Jones (allegedly a forty minute interview and a forty minute show, couldn’t get him off, amazing)
    Stanley Clark at Ronny Scott’s
    Think I’ve missed some seventies, and a recent one, dementia kicking in…
    Loads of Classical, Louis Lortie playing Mozart was the standout

• @BrianN Mr Bunny says “Yes”
  • @DesperateDan had no idea on your quizette
    Whilst showering, and Both Sides whizzing around in my head, not the worst ear worm ever, I think The Stone Roses gave me a clue
    Will check it out…
  • It didn’t work, unless you got Ed and Joni in the wrong order, then Queen A Night at the Opera
  • I'm sure @BrianN will come up with a Fall album.
  • Think I had the same thought as @hunnybunny. Sequential. Hex Enduction Hour being The Fall's 4th album.

Is a Fall album essential or just one option?
    Dragnet.
  • What I meant was, it's not meant to be a sequence. The albums have a common theme. The Joni one is perhaps the most obvious clue. Just visualise.
  • Dragnet and Hex Enduction Hour both come into this group as do many other Fall albums.

Btw clever clogs can you see why I put Dragnet in there? There is another common theme.
  • Hex Education Hour barely qualifies (according to the theme I had in mind) but I will have to admit you seem to have got the link. Dragnet I think I may have to disqualify. Can't see the second connection you have in mind though.
  • Forgot to say which was the best gig. I think I have to say the first Argent gig. It was their home town, Rod Argent having gone to my school before he joined the Zombies and became famous for writing She's Not There and Time of the Season. Fantastic atmosphere, my first ever gig. Some girl in the crowd just put her arm round my shoulder as we danced to Hold your Head Up. That's the reason. Almost half a century ago...

and so
    https://youtu.be/k5fYPz8dKbg
  • I forgot seeing The Undertones on my Nineteenth Birthday!
Post in the New Forum!