The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3146
  • 160343 Comments
  • @DesperateDan I finally answer your Birdy Question
    When I retired we had an old laptop, and my new work laptop, which obviously I surrendered.
    So I bought an iPad
    Played Candy Crush and other crap stuff.
    Listening to Jennifer Saunders interviewing Ellen McArthur, “Have you ever played Angry Birds?”
    “No”
    “Don’t start, you’ll never have the motivation to go to sea again”
    So that’s why I’m here…
  • The Crown is Mine, all Mine!
  • I still play Words with Friends and Nonogram, but gave up the other crap
  • The Undertones! Wow, if I'd been there I'd be dancing to Teenage Kicks with my arm round your shoulder @hunnybunny! No need to let Mr Bunny know.
    Strangely enough I was listening to Sue Barker interviewing Andy Murray and she asked him how he spent his time during the rain breaks and he replied "Playing Angry Birds". The rest is history.
  • I thought you dabbled with Wordle. Current streak 286. Tried BEAST but it didn't work as well as SHITE. I'm never gonna get it in 1 with that.
  • Sigh, ABO seems to have been left out of the Challenge cycle this time round. Not happy. Teetering on 29 pups.
  • Dan, yes Wordle, current streak 107, because I didn’t play when I was in Amsterdam
    No idea why…
  • Two things:

@DesperateDan you can hug me anytime. Saw The Undertones in Cardiff Top Rank. My sister was 18 (and very pretty then, now looks like Mary Beard) and worked there in between university terms, so mainly being little tarts and getting free drinks off the manager!

Somerset won!
    Our favourite team, and closest team, other than the shite Glamorgan.
    How close?
    Some idiot crashed into my favourite (at the time) car.
    Insurance guy tells me Weston-super-mare is my nearest repair centre
    “It’s only eleven miles away”
    “My car can’t swim”
    “Shit, this bloody website doesn’t recognise sea “
  • Ok, I admit my official Wordle streak is only 5 days because I forgot to play last week, but what I really meant was I have gone 286 attempts without losing.

Better clear up the music quizzette. The common theme was that the artists themselves provided the artwork for the album front cover. The cover of Hex Education Hour barely clears even an extremely low bar for "artwork". I think @brianN ought to clear up his alternative suggestion for the linking theme.
  • Hello Sorry I've been for a couple days, just regrouping my brain cells.
    So Wordie or Wordle which is it, !? Need practice lol
  • My Tablet isn't worth fixing, at this point I'm not gonna bother I'll just deal with it was is, in the meantime is my tiny little screen on my phone.
    I do have aa tablet that works for flinging, so it is what it is! @hunnybunny what's the song? Que Sera Sera ?
  • Ok back to the movie,ots of love
  • And to you @kathy. Don't spill the popcorn.
  • @CatsnBirds and anyone else watching: Tennis!
  • https://youtu.be/SdhAfMor9BM

Kathy mentioned this song, listen to the lyrics, it’s a message, I think
    She’s not very well at the moment
  • Never had you down as an art snob @desperatedan. Here's Mark's first draught for HEH:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/78N1pqWXsUz8KA526
  • The other themed link does require a little tweaking. They are all names of films.
    The Stone Roses(made of stone)
    Dragnet was originally a tv series but made into a film in the 80's
    Clouds
    (The) Divide.
  • There was a Jurassic Pork challenge a couple of days ago @desperatedan. Needless to say you didn't miss much although for once ABO was working just fine on line and I noticed you can still get a free bird if you watch an advert. Does anyone know if this shows up as a power up score?
  • Somerset were remarkable @hunnybunny to be able to defend under 150 twice on finals day. Just don't know when they're beaten and coupled with an unprecedented 12 wins out of 14 during the group stage there can be no doubt they were worthy winners. And yes Glamorgan are shite but not as bad as Welsh Misfire.
  • Hi @kathy glad you're back home.
  • thanks Brian, and here I thought I sneaked I quietly, into my old favourite booth, got my flinging tablet all set up , Seasons on sstrarless, oh well I'm just gonna jump right in and start flinging! Here goes... Oh Wait!! Have the Blues deliver me my PigKillers on regular intervals, they know the drill
  • The women's Ashes was pretty exciting too.

Anyone remember the name of that strange bloke who used to hang around the Lurkers Lounge with Tom Hanks? A figment of the kathyboard imagination. It's bugging me. Is he still there @kathy? Don't play cards with either him or Tom, they cheat.
  • Jurassic Pork no great loss. But my scores are so carp that it's probably (save Classics) my best chance of getting that elusive 30th pup. I just find it suspicious that there are so many great scores and nary a video. Just saying.
  • A bit of a tenuous link @brianN. I can do better than that, I think. Try this one.

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
    Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
    Elvis Costello - Almost Blue

Again, name me another that fits this group. And yes, I think there is a Fall album amongst many others.
  • Blues get @Kathy another drink
    Whilst I ask @BrianN and @DesperateDan if they watch Quizzical Mondays on BBC2
    I bet they do!
    I once got four points on Only Connect, you must give your answer in less than ten seconds
    Pink circle, black circle
  • Thanks @Hunnybunny, I'm just lurking gonna have a look l at my score board shortly, trying to decide if I should use the compare feature ?
  • Quizzical look from me @hunnybunny, never heard of it.

Elvis Costello-Imperial Bedroom
  • Watching a show on Netflix called The Recruit @kathy. Quite good, more black comedy than black ops.
  • Indeed @brianN, well done but what about The Fall?

Yeah! The return of Quizzy Monday. Watched them both @hunnybunny. I thought Amol done good but he seemed to be swallowed up by his desk. I was useless. Can't even do your question in 10 minutes.
  • I have got Netflix but I never get round to watching anything on it. BBC Sounds is such a treasure trove I just don't seem to find time.
  • I use compare a lot @kathy. Mainly against @HallieGinSB and @realfish who are the two leading aficionados of Classics.
  • ...25 minutes. Hang on Vicky, need more time...
  • What!!! Donald Trump wanted farmers to make cattle walk up and down fire brigade ladders to get over his Mexican wall to avoid having to have a door in the wall. Someone had the job of talking him out of it.
  • Hi I woke up from my nap, missed had the conversation but I'll go back
    Just had a comment on Netflix, I agree with Dan ,I just discovered BBC amc, watched 3 great movies in the last couple days! As @Gumby would say Netflix Schmettlix :/>
  • C'mon Dan Now your being silly!
  • Who's Vicky? We got a new patron and no one introduced me? What am I chopped liver? Although I feel like chopped liver lol
  • What's Quizzy . Monday? Let's get on with it then.
    Oh btw ,Did I mention I have Edema in my leg ? It's swollen like crazy! No clots though :)
  • Dan do you have Peacock ? It Was free ,but now it's $4.99 a month,not bad though it's got tons of good shows and movies, speaking of which has anyone watched 'The Mule' it's on Netflix but it's really good , Clint Eastwood :)
  • Come on @kathy make yer mind up.

Dan you're very demanding. Extricate didn't appear on the vinyl version of Extricate.
  • Sad to say I am very familiar with edema @kathy, the steroids caused Chris to have hugely swollen legs which fortunately completely recovered.
  • Not Extricate.
  • Victoria (Vicky) Coren-Mitchell hosts the most difficult quiz show on British television @ kathy. Getting one question right in a whole programme is a cause for celebration. Hence @hunnybunny showing off. Has she been spotted in the Lurkers Lounge too? Absolutely do not play cards with her, she is a world class poker player. No need to Google, just trust me.

Google Trump cows ladder if you want though.
  • Ok I just signed into Seasons, my stars Are all intact
  • Who said extricate? Not me? Surely wasn't me, I don't even know what that is regarding to
  • Okay Tomorrow I start! @DesperateDan where are you now? @Hunnybunny? I'm starting at Trick or Treat!
  • ?? I'll ask in the morning¿ Gonna read my book for a bit before bedtime, love you guys, enough to suffer this tiny screen whereas our good buddy Uncle Joe, could care less.
    Another thing I feel bad about is @TienShenLong, I kinda blew him off äs a friend which totally was heartless, especially at that time of his life and what he was going through at that time of his life: (.
    Sorry my friend, look for a pm soon...
    G'night all gonna read a while.
  • @kathy, I can't believe you have ever been heartless in your life. You were put in difficult spot and I think you handled it with a lot of patience. Don't feel bad about it, we all supported you at the time. Hope you can resolve things.

BTW, I am stuck in Birdday 5 if you really want to know, trying to make top 3. I have been 40 points short for days. But don't come here, it's tumbleweed.
  • J D Button.
Post in the New Forum!