The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1448
  • 160343 Comments
  • I hope so @brave1966!! Sleep well! See ya tomorrow I'm sure! :)
  • Anxiously waitng The Croods even that I know it's not kind of game I usually play I'm still nervous it's not out yet and it is 10.35 a.m. here
  • Not any more :-) The Croods became available in Google Play at 12 a.m. Just checked in iTunes and couldn't find it.
  • can I join too?
  • The Croods out now on Android :-)
  • Happy pi day everyone :)
    I like the protest avatars, makes a definite statement.
    Hope everyone has a flinging great day!
  • @E-Star -- I would love it if you could add the no PU symbol to my avatar.
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/mvnla2/album/picture/3341/
    It looks perfectly BW in my album, even in larger size. Do you have any clue why it still has hints of color here?
    Maybe it's just my imagination? But it looks different to me on main site.
  • @Aman -- Feel free to join our protest even if you play on PC.
  • Afternoon all! (Or morning or evening depending on time zones! ) it's so great all the support against pus! Yes Kimmie I love that instead of PU's!
  • Hi all! On my way home from work, just wanted to let you know, I have heard the calling for the addition of the no PU sign and I will them tonight. Here and in PMs. Tee hee love it that little me is causing people to go b/w and make a statement. Thanks all!

@Aboy I see you are b/w as well :D want the no PU sign as well?
  • yes please @Estar, yea, i usually like PUs but putting them in seasons crossed the line
  • Hi, all.

I've been reading the reaction to the spread of PUs with interest. In "real life" I work on the digital development/marketing side of things, so I think my feelings are more mixed about it.

I'm on the PC, so I haven't been able to go through the new experience yet, but at @brave1966 pointed out, it seems like, in Rio anyway, you can turn off PUs. So that's a good thing, at least.

Maybe it's really mostly an issue for us ABN folks, since we have learderboards that we would like to keep "pure" and free from PU scores. I don't consider using PUs bad all by themselves; sometimes they're fun to play with, although I almost never use them. But they might be a really important part of the game for other players who don't live here on ABN, and/or don't participate in the learderboards.

So maybe we shouldn't be against PUs per se, so much focusing on getting Rovio to work with ABN so that there's a way in all the games on all the platforms to indicate scores with and without PUs separately.

We're a pretty big community, after all, and we do a lot to support Rovio and expand their customer base, by providing a community, content, and features that add to the experience of playing the game. I know that my experience of AB games is now completely entwined with ABN.

In fact, I'm bummed knowing that when I enter my scores for the FB Friends & SW tournaments, I'm never going to show very well, because I don't use PUs. (Never mind the fact that even without PUs my scores generally suck -- that has NOTHING to do with it!) And I wouldn't want to deny anyone who does use PUs from being able to rack up those high scores -- there's lots of fun in that as well, and there's the opportunity to earn PUs; you don't have to buy them if you don't want to. (Well on FB anyway -- I don't know about other plaforms; my apologies if I've got that wrong.)

I'd just like the opportunity to post my pathetic little non-PU scores from FB tournaments and pretend like someday I have a chance at showing up...well, not so close to the bottom. :-)

But hey, it's just a game, you know? And I have fun and it makes me laugh. And I meet nice people here and learn new things and have a better experience.

Although I am certainly sensitive to how important this issue must be to the many people who spend so much of their time and effort to make ABN such a great resource for all of us, and how frustrating it must be to run into a situation that makes it so much harder to satisfy the needs/wants of the ABN community. Let me just add my gratitude here for everyone who helps, in any way, to make this site such a truly wonderful place to visit. You are all awesome!

I should also add: good on all of you who do have strong feelings about PUs, and have taken the time to express your opinions and get the word out there about what you think. I wouldn't have even been aware of the issue without all your comments, so I do appreciate hearing everyone's point of view, and respect them. And look forward to hearing more. You can agree with me or not; that's all fine.

OK, done now -- thanks for listening!
  • Awesome E* it's really great how many are supporting the cause..i hope Rovio will get the message,, but how to get it to them & do you think there are Rovio players in the nest i wonde
  • I've officially joined the movement!
  • Kewl !!! @angryboy thanks:)
  • NP @kathy! another thanks to @Estar for the icon!
  • @JunkenMetel these are my thoughts.... :D

I have spend almost 2 years (or is it 3 already hahaha), 3 to 5 hours a day to reach the top 25 of AB Seasons leader board and Game Centre, not to mention the video walkthroughs that I make for all the birdies in need of a solution for getting a high score, which will be less needed when the Power Ups can get you the same if not better result in the Game it self and Game Centre. I know as long as ABN continues only accepting no PU's scores, there will be enough Nesters in need of my videos I have spend a lot of my precious time on to make them. So they aren't a total waist, but still...

I have bought all versions on iPhone, iPad and Mac, so it's not that I don't want to pay for my games, cause I do and did... Power ups create an uneven playing field. People that have a lot of money can easily get a great scores and people that don't have a lot to spend are doomed to wait for free power ups and will hardly get the chance to reach the top.

So sure, PU's might be fun to play around with (donno really haven't used a single one), but the score achieved with the PU should be like the Mighty Eagle... not in the scoreboard... imo :D
  • Not sure Kathy, don't think Rovio will see this and if they did... not sure if they would do anything about it. They started the demolition and can't stop half way :s
  • Looking good Aboy!
  • Hello fellow protesters.....
  • thanks @Estar!
    greetings @tas
  • @E-star: You are awesome! Mega-Thanks! :D

Hi @tas! :)

Mega-dittos @JunkenMetel!
  • And the new protest avatar is live! :) Hi @angryboy! :)
  • Hello! Soon I'm going trout fishing.
  • trick or trout eh? lol
  • Think I took care of everybody that shouted some where in the nest they wanted the sign... if not and I have forgotten anyone, please forgive me!! just shoot again and I will come running (after dinner, tee hee, hubby just called, dinner time!)
  • be back later :D
  • I wish I had gravatar too, that way I could have the symbol.
  • @theanonymousesomeone why don't you have an avatar..do you know how to get one?
  • @E-star could I get a protest avatar too?
  • Does @mvnla2 want to have a no Power-up sign on her new black & white avatar???
  • Yes @mvnla2 mentioned she wants one too E*
  • @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster i thought you got your last night? Hmm
  • Hi @brave1966, @kathy how y'all a' doin', looks like the most colourful day in the BP ever;)
  • @theanonymoussomeone, you can get a gravatar account for free, and with no spamming on your E-Mail account, just follow the instructions of the Avatar forum, and hey presto;)

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/9/how-do-i-create-an-avatar
  • @AngerManagement he doesn't have an email of his own, so can't subscribe there. He uses a parents email for ABN, but isn't allowed to use gravatar with that email.
  • @all I believe @tas said he doesn't have an Email
Post in the New Forum!