The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3205
  • 160343 Comments
  • Ah, @bernersenn and @Tompuss I managed it…
  • Scroll back to see the pic!
  • Which birthday?
  • @hunnybunny
    Thanks for your action.

• Thanks Mrs Bunny and Theo!
  • I am confusion.
  • 14th Birthday of ABN!
  • Anyway, how did you (as in anyone) find ABN?
    I was looking for Moon Cake pieces
  • Oh I see, the word Nest was missing. I was looking at the launch date for Angry Birds itself.

So ABN is now a bratty teenager, hormonal and answering to nobody. Figures.

I found ABN when I was searching for somewhere to enter high scores. I was using another site for a while (this is back in 2012) but there were so few people using it I figured I was not at where it mattered. But it then took me until 2019 to stagger into the BP, where Kathy took a shine to Twiggy.

I don't know a lot about Moon Cake pieces.
  • This just in from the Apostrophe Protection Society.

https://youtu.be/1XPwWMQeB1Q?si=tyvkZlrIovZ2iojm

Or this.

https://youtu.be/Vc2aSz9Ficw?si=260blC9K-T7TeY0U

Not even sure the first video's got it right. Sigh.

My apologies all round. But don't forget International Apostrophe Day on August 15th. It's going to be a cracker.
  • Fiddlestick's from the let's annoy Dan society
  • @sweetp, any progress on my SharpShooter badge application? No hurry required though. Thanks.
  • What goes VWORP VWORP VWORP in subtitles? I have left clues in these pages.
  • The TARDIS?
  • Excellent, yes. I am glad someone has been concentrating.
  • OMG @desperate-dan, I'm so sorry I forgot! How rude of me to do that!

All done.
  • Dan, when the Dr Who exhibition was in Cardiff Bay, I pushed the button to make it (hypothetically) take off, after rudely pushing a younger woman out of my way
  • And it went VWORP VWORP VWORP…
  • Thankyou @sweetp. Chances of super sharp shooter are between slim and zero and slim just left town.
  • Ooooh, we went there too @hunnybunny and my wife took a photo of me next to Davros, and then labelled it "separated at birth". I think it was a joke.
  • Football should be slung out of the Olympics. It has absolutely no place, especially after all of the disgusting behaviour of the players and the fans. There are other far more deserving sports.
  • Wot like tiddlywinks or orienteering?The most disgusting thing about the Olympic Games are the drug taking cheats who make a travesty of the whole thing.
    As a kid I loved watching the games but as I got older my olfactory senses matured and I realised there was something fishy going on.I recall old Ron Pickering saying of East Germany "How does such a small nation continue to produce such athletic excellence?" Well now we know,some of their practices were truly immoral.

The IOC cleaned it up a bit when the dirty dirty Russians were banned but the Chinese are the new Russians and WADA just like Pontius Pilate wash their hands of it all.
    IOC? Ignore OLympic Conscience.

Sling the the Olympics out of football I say!Yeah I know that doesn't make sense but you get my drift.
  • I was thinking maybe bogsnorkling or wife tossing.
  • Apparently there is a world championship in gravy wrestling.Can think of better things to do with gravy but I suppose they make the Bisto' it.

I see my coat I'm just about to get it.
  • Of course as the sport gains momentum there'll be a load of Johnny-come-lately's jumping on the gravy train...yep me coat's just over there...
  • As for wife tossing could I nominate Mrs Bunny?
  • I’m making a pot of gravy now, to wrestle Brian in, later roast him and eat with Yorkshire Pudding, Cauliflower Cheese and Sprouts…
  • Love all of the above,including the wrestling.
  • There were two swimmers, in lanes 1& 2 called
    Canny
    Seemanova
    Say it in a Scottish accent, he’s lost his Vauxhall
    Not made up, real Olympics
  • Has anyone ever seen the Peter Greenaway film,The Cook,the Thief,His wife and Her Lover?Your above scenario just reminded me of a scene in it.
  • Not the Seemanova one the one about roast man with all the trimmings.
  • I'm just wondering who the poor guy/girl in lane 3 was.
  • Blimey, I found an Olympic event I could have won! My personal best time for 1500m (from 44 years ago) is faster than the winning time in the Men's Olympic 1500m. The decathlon 1500m unfortunately (which is an event in which they are always all spectacularly useless). Can I have one tenth of a gold medal please?
  • Yes I have seen that scene @brianN. Once scene, never unscene. Obscene. Just saying.
  • Put me off chipolatas for the longest time.
  • It's a good job Elon Musk is as close as we've got to a right wing intellectual or we'd all be in trouble.
  • Found a drone in my back garden.
    Anyone stupid and/or thoughtless to land it there is not getting it back.
  • Oh dear, I've gone all @hunnybunny.
  • Hey Dan that drone wasn't you was it?
  • The wife went to the Turriff Agricultural Show yesterday as part of a works day out . Anyway at close of play there was food left over few sandwiches etc.and her boss without a seconds thought threw half a bottle of rose down the drain then deliberatedfor 10mins about whether to keep a half finished bottle of milk!My missus was aghast.
    I said "You want to watch her she's a wrong 'un."Definitely a logic malfunction.
  • Good old Tommy Robinson,he is the very model of a modern major general.Leading his troops into the heat of battle...wot? He's on a holiday in the heat of Cyprus? Should have been Crete as his followers are all cretins.Also can't imagine why he changed his name from Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon.

And finally anyone wearing mask/balaclava etc at these right wing bashes should be immediately tasered and beaten on the head with truncheons...Phew sorry about that I came over all @hunnybunny,it must be catching.
  • It always makes laugh: Tories in power it’s “Far Left” Labour in power it’s “Far Right”
    It’s bloody Rent-a-Mob, the so called football supporters, and any other yob that wants a fight, fire, smashing of glass to loot their 500 quid trainers
    Ooh, I’ve come over all HunnyBunny too, get me my truncheon (never had a taser, far too old and office bound for that)
  • Changing the subject (Phew!) which Olympic sports have you played, sort of seriously, rather than one miserable attempt?
    Mine are:
    Rowing - too small for serious completion, but enjoyed watching the big boys at Henley
    Show Jumping - tiny jumps
    Table Tennis - my mother always beat me
    Hockey - that’s why I understand the Off Side rule and can argue against it
    100m - rather fast!
  • I think attacking mosques and asylum seekers is generally considered a right wing activity.

Like yourself @hunnybunny was pretty good at sprinting also strangely cross country.Think @desperatedan has the 1500 m sown up.
  • 5000m. I could have kept up with the women for the first 4000m in my prime, but the Olympic final was quite a slow race to that point. I also ran against Seb Coe in the same road race once.

Did a triathlon once. So obviously cycling and swimming as well as running.

Er...that's it really, to any level of seriousness although we did have to play hockey at school and had a table tennis table at home as a kid.
  • Yes we played hockey at school and I remember one teacher in particular had a passion for trying to whack the ball off yer shins.All accidental of course.
  • Been watching Three Body Problem and the highlight was a dad joke:
    A Mexican pushed his wife off a cliff and when he was asked why he did it he said:
    "Tequila".

I swear I can't find me coat.
  • I nominate these two Olympic sports as the ones that we have absolutely no idea about.

Handball
    Greco-Roman wrestling
  • I see break dancing is included in these Olympics(trust the French).If they ever come back to our shores can we have Morris dancing?
Post in the New Forum!