The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1640
  • 160343 Comments
  • Oh wow @angryboy why did i think you in Ct?
    No matTer I'm off To dreamland :)
  • I just looked on the map. No nesters within hundreds of miles of tas, and only one other Pig fan in the country. That would be my friend @bboss.
    The only people directly west of me are in CA and remotely in Texas and Colorado and Kansas. Don't know many of them either.
    Me=lonely=:(
  • Ok I'm officially falling asleep.
    Good night all..
    places flashlight on @Kimmiecv booth;( , good night.:(
  • Good night.... from a lonely Mississippi soul.
  • Good night for everyone in USA
  • What's up with the Aviary? Are they even accepting guests anymore?
  • off and on @tas
  • I wonder what AB GO is?
  • A combination of AB and Road Hogs ?
  • Any lurkers ?
  • I don't have the ABSW update yet. I want it but something's wrong with the play store.
  • *shines KitKats flashlight for her use tomorrow and sets out candles to see her safely to Dreamland *

Off to eat something. Sleep well @KitKat :)
  • Mumsie staggers into the BP under the weight of an enormous cake and 2 huuuge bags of cookies! " OB it's my One year anniversary at the BP so drinks are on
    Mumsie & OB put the cake & cookies out and Mumsie sinks into her rocking chair with relief!
  • Whoo Hooo @mumsie42!! Congrats!! It's a year for the Nest isn't it mumsie? Mines coming up pretty soon too! :) feels like we've been here longer than that though doesn't it!! Ah but it's been a great year!! And look at those yummy goodies you've brought!! But shouldn't WE be buying YOU drinks??? ;D
    OB all Mumsies drinks are on me today!!! :)
  • Kimmie - how kind thank you! Bit early on this side of the pond for a G&T so I'll have an Americano please OB!
  • What ever you want @mumsie! All day and Alllll night!! ;) Party hardy!! It's 12:30 am here so technically you Could do a G&T and be just fine on time mumsie!! LOL :D

OB food is covered as well, sorry forgot to add that!! :)
  • Thanks AB - real life intruded to the point of being unable to catch up on all the news in here but I see you ripped through the update - are you back in to 3* everything now? I've only done 7 so far but hopefully today will be more conducive for flinging!
  • @Mumsie - Congrats! :D

@all - How is everyone? :D I just came home with TLM, we were just driving around checking the beautiful landscapes. Oh, how I love the finnish nature when it's summer. All the lakes and fields andandand... :D

Oh, and what comes to hubby's collections...He left early this morning to get two cars more...So if I remember correct we now have 8 cars :P I think I should lock him up somewhere so he couldn't buy more cars :P
  • @mumsie not 3 star but I'll return to some levels to improve the score
  • hey @lisko, I'm alright
  • Hi there @angryboy! I haven't seen you for a while? :D
  • yea, haven't been in much
  • Oh, is it the real life thing? :D
  • real life thing?
  • Haha, I'm not sure what it exactly is but I've just heard people talking about it :D Oh...actually I do know, 'cause the little monster doesn't let me forget it :D
  • Hey congrats @mumsie :)
    OB, one coffee please
  • Rat sheepishly sticks his long nose through the crack in the bar door. Sniffs once or twice, his long whiskers twitching as he does. There be cookies here. Slowly, so as not to be noticed, he edges his head forward just far enough to allow a quick look. Yesss, yesss. Look at all those people munching delicious cookies. Crumbs everywhere. Kimmie, hearing something, glances at the door. All she sees is the door closing slowly. Rat knows he'll be back for all those wonderful crumbs later.
  • *poof*
    WAHAHAHAAAHA hmmmmm did I see @rat????? Nawwww no rats in here.......

*poof*

WAHAHAHAAAHA
  • Mumsie thought she felt a draught, looked round but the door was closed. What was Kimmie talking about? Mumsie opened her iPad and decided to look back through the BP journal to get a flavour of all that has happened in the lives of the wonderful beings who populate this virtual pub!
  • *kimmie quietly ooooh soooo quietly poofs up behind @mumsie and whispers gently......thar be @rats in the BP......watch yer toes missy, then poofs back out as quietly as she came*
  • Congrats on the anniversary, @mumsie, here's to another great year of flinging:D
  • @mvnla2, I know that rhotic means that the individual pronounces there R's, and non-rhotic means that they don't:) (I got that from the article you found, which stated how Northern English folks are still rhotic, and I don't know where they got it from, but they are wrong;) Sill have no idea what drupe is though;]
  • Mmm! Mumsie reads that Kimmie is correct! (Again!) we seem to have an exceptionally well spoken, well, read, well behaved @rat who is a superior flinger to boot! Mumsie is looking forward to sharing a cookie or two with him.
    Well off to eat my first and second drupe of the day(a cherry, followed by a nectarine ).
    methinks all this talk of accents is interesting, personally, I believe it is the South West English speakers that are rhotic, as the Oxford dictionary describes it as sounding the r before a consonant e.g. as in hard. And at the end of words e.g. As in far
    Now off to do laundry, housework and shopping! Enjoy the cookies folks - see you later!
  • Wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhooooooo hhhhhhhhhhhooooooooo. I've completed Seasons greedings, it's not hard like everyone said, I use the @FujiToast's strategy on YouTube and beat it easily, now I'm so happy, all your foods and drinks are on me in 1 week, so call every thing you guys like :D:D:D:D
  • *jlz wheechs through the pub door grabs a handful of cookies,quickly hugs @mumsie and then realises mumsie is doing the laundry so has no idea who she's just hugged! kisses @Kimmie goodnight and wheechs back out the door to work yelling "have a great Saturday @all!"*
  • Hey @rat, don't need to eat crumbs like that, I'll buy you a cookie :D
  • Ooo, nice cake @AM
  • Thanks @am! Third lot of laundry on - some housework done - shopping next !
    Oh congrats Firebird!
  • I haven't had all the 100% Mighty Dragon yet, just need 3 more of them, that means I haven't done ABS completely
  • @fbb -- Congrats on completing SG! Do you have 3* and above average on all? Just a gentle dig at your statement that SG is easy. : D
    @rat -- Never a teacher or officially and editor. I had the fortune / misfortune to go to school when correct grammar was considered important. Not to mention I went to college when E. B. White's The Elements of Style and the Chicago Manual of Style were considered the holy grails of proper English. I once won an argument with a professional technical editor on the proper use of "due to." A victory I still cherish, while misusing the phrase religiously.
    I just heard the word "drupe" the first time yesterday, so no clue if or why a walnut is a drupe.
    Oh yes, AB is not 21, so his location on the map does not reflect where he really lives, except for the state. His residence at Augusta National was entirely of my doing.
    Do you play golf? Mumsie may be more addicted to golf than AB. I play about once a week, which makes me an infrequent golfer compared to Mumsie.

Post in the New Forum!