The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1685
  • 160343 Comments
  • @Kathy I tried flinging for the first time in two weeks last night. Not a success story. My pain levels are still to high to concentrate. Flinging is making it worst instead of being a distraction. Soon maybe. At least the walls at the BP aren't bulging anymore.
  • :( aww sorry to hear that Pa:( get some rest..it stinks you can't concentrate on flinging..but rest assured you are known as one of the best..one of the elite:) right up there with'he who cannot be named'
    Actually i think i got that wrong
    'he who's name can't be spoken'? A ww heck
    Anyhoo your up there:) :)a legend among flingers:)
  • @Kathy Thanks for the kudos. It's painful to be within 2k of 1st in Space and not be able to do anything about it. As far as sleep goes, non-existent when pain gets this high. It makes recouping tough.
  • @Kathy Even my wife left me because of the pain.
  • No Sir!!! She did Not!!! That's awful..what a selfish person I'm sorry:( but you stand by in sickness and in health.
    I left my ex just cause he was a jerk but we were young..we are still friends and i know if anything happened to me..he'd be there and vice versa..
    That's really sad she couldn't stand by you.if you don't mind you've probably mentioned it and i probably missed it what is causing such pain?
  • @Kathy We had a trip planned to Mississippi to see all the in-laws over the 4th holiday. I couldn't travel, so she went without me. With my blessing and urging. Her parents are in their 80's, each visit.....who knows?
  • Oh man..Pa i thought you meant she left you..like in 'Left You'
    *palm to head*
  • My best friend just told me to stop talking to her and that I was being annoying.

I'm seriously trying not to cry right now :'(
  • @Kathy Gotcha! Cervical spine issues. Nerve entrapment. Any inflammation is a killer. Two dozen surgeries and twenty years later, everything works, most of the time.
  • @Kathy Truth is, I got lucky. No complaints in 38 years.
  • :( @rat..v that sounds painful
    @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster (((((( hugs))))
    Sorry to hear that maybe she is just having a bad day trickle down affect..:(
  • I swear I said nothing mean to her. It just really hurts me what she said...
    And thank you @kathy :')
  • @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster please don't cry..your making me want to cry..
    Take deep breath..
  • @ABSM Into every life a little pain must.... So sorry for you.
    @Ma I'm going to leave so you can talk estrogen with ABSM.
  • Thanks guys :') maybe some sleep will help. I'm going to try to go to bed... Night @kathy @rat
  • Night @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster a good nights sleep will help..;)
    Sweet dreams (((( hugs)))
  • Night Pa:) (hugs))) going flinging:) I'll kill some swine for you ,
  • @kathy I like the new avatar.
  • @grammyk The big white guard dog doesn't like the July 4th noisy celebrations. Won't even look at the full bowl in front of her. She just don't like the boom boom.
    http://angrybir.de/126j7Ho
  • Aww poor pup..dOesn't look happy at all:(
  • No, she's not.@kathy though she is calming down now. I've been sitting with her for a while now. Food untouched, but she is curled up in almost sleep mode.
  • Aww poor baby:) my dog ( don't have him any more,].but he used to be so scared of fireworks, thunder..:( hopefully over soon..
  • Amber thanks you for the kind thoughts @kathy. Fire works still going off out here, but under the table is a safe zone. This isn't as bad as those yucky thunderstorms.
  • Aww poor b amber I'll keep her in the goodie list:)
    Poofs @nice big beef bone for amber to gnaw on to keep her mind off the noisy fireworks..and chew away some frustration;:
  • Amber ((((((loves @kathy ))))))))))
  • Awww :) * cuddles with Amber..nose rub* hee hee :)
  • Brb gotta well Brb..lol smoke break:)
  • Hey everyone

• Hey @firebombbird thanks for clearing up the mistake in the other forum,,,,:)
  • Hi @Kathy, nice new avatar :)
  • I'm turning in my flashlight for the night..sleepy:/
    Good night all +)
    *leaves a wheel of cheese by the hole in the wall.for heyyou getouttamyway, and Mr. Rat:)
    Places flashlight on Kimmiecv booth* nighty night
  • Thanks @firebombbird :) night..
  • @E-Star - Haha, no problem at all :) Still struggling, but I feel much better. Tomorrow it'll be a full week without taking a drop. I know it's not a long time, but it's a start :) I'm not against to anyone's religion or beliefs, but it really felt like the "leader" of the group was pushing me to change my view and from time to time it felt like they weren't even listening what I was saying. I understand the fact that they are a lot older, but maybe that's the reason why I felt like an outsider 'cause they actually pretty much shared the same story when you compare it to mine. Even when the problem is the same I just felt like I didn't fit in. So that's why I thought that I could go to another group. I've been busy for few days now so I haven't had time to check another group, but I should be able to do that next week when I'll get everything done at home :D
  • Y'all have to quit talking so much. It takes me toooo long to catch up on all the gossip.
  • @lisko too bad your first meeting didn't go so well, but I think you're doing the right thing by looking for a group where you feel comfortable. Congrats on being sober - (or as it's called in the US...dry) - for a week!
    Hi @all...bye @all!
  • G'morning everybody, as I have said before "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" :]
  • *poofs in after a long but fun 4th July block party, shines KitKats flashlight for her use tomorrow and sets out candles for what's left of her journey through Dreamland *

A quick Hi to everyone!!

@lisko it's Wonderful to hear you've hit a full week with not a drop!!! Good on you my girl!! I just want to iterate how important it is you find an AA group your comfy with! You'll need that support and stability of others fighting the good fight along with you!! Be very proud of yourself! Every day sober is a day you've won!!! Huge Congrats!!! :)

See ya all later!!! :)
  • G'Morning all:) So true @angermanagement.
    Oh @Kimmiecv hope you had Blast at your block party:)
    @lisko congrats on a week:) maybe you can find a beginners meeting and/or a young peoples group.. Not necessarily is it based upon religion, though it seems so, but 'your higher power'
    Which can be whatever you feel compels you to want to stay sober:)
    Hang in there, even if you can't relate to all thestories you could justopen up to one person and believe me they will guide you in the right direction,:)
  • @Lisko You are on my timezone right? So just today and you will hit the mark of 1 week? (confusing these timezones LOL) Will have a little something something for your first weeks anniversary, so Hang in there I know you can do it!

@Kimmie you ought to be sleep aren't you missy? Ow sorry just looked up and your comment was from a while ago. So maybe you are in dreamland by now (IK a girl can dream can't she hihi) Glad to hear the block party was a succes and you had a great 4th!

@Kathy good morning to you as well. Hope you are enjoying your vacation! I am heading out the door to get some groceries and after that I will have the day off, done all my chores :D

@AM Dito on that!
  • @E-Star - Haha! These time zones...I meant that on saturday it'll be one full week, so tomorrow it is :D I'm hanging on, not easy but at the moment there hasn't been anything that would keep me away from this way so it's pretty much hanging in there :D
  • @Lisko Good for you, stick to the road just one day at a time. Although, as I mentioned before am fortunate enough not to know how hard it is (so not sure what to say or do to help you, just going by instinct, so if I make a weird comment or ask to much, forgive me), I do know that the road you are on is a better future for yourself and your husband and son. Okay now I am going to scoot and do the last chore of the day and commit myself to a day of flinging.... or readin my book I picked up a couple of weeks ago... Marco Effekten by Jussi Adler-Olsen

Back later :D
  • Stopping by for a drink
  • Ermm... @Rat, who is Heyyou Getouttamyway ?
  • Hey @Whovian0 I don't think we met before, but always a pleasure to see someone stop in. Love doctor Who huh? I love the series as well, don't consider myself a whovian, but love it nonetheless :D What are you having? I am not sure if your license has been checked by Orange Bird the bartender, but for an alcoholic beverage you need to be above the legal drinking age ;)

Hey @ffb Heyyou is the name of all the little rats running around thru the walls, their middle name is Getouttamyway :D
  • Thanks @E*
    @Whovian0, I haven't seen you much, hope you have a fun time in here ;)
  • @all. Just popping in to claim record for hottest July 4th. Not exactly sure how hot it was exactly where we were, but we were in Sacramento ca, where it officially was 110f. Off to cooler places today.
    @lisko congrats on nearly a week! You can DO it! Hang in there and don't get discouraged.
  • HIIIIIIII
    Still at Great Aunt Joe's house. Last night we had a 4th of July Firework Show. A piece of ash landed 2 feet in front of me because it was reallysuperveryextremely windy.
    Last night I solved my 4x4 Rubik's cube and can't do it again.
Post in the New Forum!