The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1808
  • 160343 Comments
  • See you both later
  • Anybody wondering why I have a picture of my home cooked pie? He messages when he's working, what you doing? I send back a picture of the pie or whatever. He's happy. I fling in peace!
  • @HunnyBunny -- Pie looks good. What kind is it? I'm not really a cake person, but pie is another thing altogether.
    I don't think steak and kidney pie counts as dessert. But what is steak and kidney pudding?
  • @mvnla2 the pie is a picnic pie! Served cold, with a filling of corned beef (do you have that in the US?) potato, onion, salt and a lot of black pepper.
    The steak and kidney pudding is a once a year, really cold day in January, treat.
    Suet pastry outer, obviously the steak and kidney filling, put on to steam for five hours, in a pudding basin. Eight million calories per bite, at least. Once a year treat, indeed.
    Looks like this, not one of mine though
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/hunnybunny/album/picture/5674/
  • Think we have a "lost in translation" problem here. Pie can be sweet or savoury here, guessing pie in the US is sweet
  • Not many seasons left in an Angry Birds year any more. Sob.
  • Hi @lindajh presume you're a Seasons player, I am too. If you've not been here before, look at page one, for the rules. Best one is that all virtual food and drink is free on your first visit!
    I'll join you in a 'sob' nothing for months....
  • Ah well, OB, talking to myself. I know you don't really listen. Off to the daily challenge, never killed marmosets before
  • @lindajh -- Welcome to the Bloated Pig (BP). The Seasons future may not be as bad as you think, I hope. There has always been a Halloween episode and a Christmas Advent one.
    Lindajh -- There are lots of fellow Brits in the BP, including HunnyBunny, so you should feel right at home, especially with talk of steak and kidney pudding. OB will be glad to serve you up a piece, even if it's not on the menu.
  • @HunnyBunny -- Yes, pie in the U.S. is sometimes savory, but the unmodified word "pie" usually refers to sweet. We have chicken pot pie, etc. Steak and kidney pie is definitely a British import. We do have corned beef, but I don't think we have picnic pies. Re the S&K pudding -- Why so many calories? Is there a ton of suet that melts into the interior? From the looks of the pic, part of the problem may be the size of the serving.
  • @mvnla2 both suet and size of portion. A once a year treat is never small.......
  • @lindajh -- If you're interested in knowing where fellow nesters live (and what time zone they're in), visit the ABN Members' Map Group. See Community / All Groups on gold bar at top of page.
  • Hullo, everybody! ;)
  • I just joined the map group, @mvnla2.
  • OB quickly break out the Cristal my Pahtnah just hit Top Score !!!!
    Woo hooo !!!!
  • @Kimmiecv -- What level? Congrats!
    I had a top score today -- it was a typo, : ( -- and that's in addition to the one Rat claims I had.
  • @BubblesLover -- Just checked where ABSM is on the map. I put him at the Minute Man National Park in Concord. I use Google Fusion Tables to create the map, and you can't have two dots in exactly the same place. Also, there are a lot of people in or near Boston already, so there is already a group purple dot. Anyway, all of this is to say that I need to find a nice, public place to put you. You can choose, but not in central Boston or close to any of the other Boston individual dots, or I can choose for you.
    I was thinking maybe the Fells in Winchester (officially Middlesex Fells Reservation). My sister-in-law lives near there and it is pretty nice. There is also a nice art museum in one of the suburbs, but I don't remember where right now (Lincoln, De Cordava). I'm also fond of golf courses, or could probably put you at that country club that has (or used to have) grass tennis courts (Longwood, Newton?).
  • Sorry @mvnla2 I had to catch up on the chatter of the last 2 pages! It ummm ABSW D-7 I think?! I'm kinda pretty sure that's the one. :)

Thanks @Kathy :) I'll enjoy it while it lasts! Only 50 points above the last guy not much of a lead! It's really hard to get the boulders to break as well as all the bricks!
  • Yep @Kimmiecv it's very hard lol I'm going down instead of up haha chances are you'll hold it fur a w hile:)
    @mvnla2 @bubbleslover if you want to be near Boston there are some historic sites/island Bare Cove Park is right up the street from my work..i could tell you the history of it tomorrow if your interested?
  • I gotta get my lazy butt in the showa bbiab:)
  • @Kathy -- Thanks! I forgot about the islands. Where is Bare Cove Park?
  • Enjoy your Showa @Kathy! LOL rats created a bunch of monsters!! :D
  • Bare Cove is in Hingham just south of Boston @mvnla2 my Work is actually on historic ground dating back to world war 2 i think..it ws used by the navy i ts really a pretty place right on the harbor:)
  • I get that one Ma. Be back in a bit, right?
  • You got it Pa!! :)
  • Hee hee you made us all acronyminists:)
  • Hahahaha!!!..Ohh my;)
  • hey guys!
    thx to everyone who wished me happy birthday!
    @JLZ666 @sunshine @Hunnybunny @kathy @mvnla2 and all the others. You're awesome guys:)
  • @joey -- Glad you stopped by to celebrate your BirdDay in the BP! Hope you had a good one, and have many more.
  • Hi @joeyba your quite welcome:) nice to see you hope you enjoyed your birthday:)
  • HaPpy BirThDaY @alfredhartojo I hope you had a great celebration!! Miss you're visits here in the BP!! :)
  • Geez you'd think blah would pop in more often! Guess schools really busy :(
  • @Ripsy--Maybe you didn't hear me last time. I don't like the Space challenges to be in Pig Bang or Cold Cuts. Not fond of those two worlds. I know it's just an oversight. I expect better from you next time a Space challenge comes around now that I've reminded you. Thanks in advance. Your "stipend" will be in the second rat hole from the left behind Mumsie's rocker.

P.S. If you could pick one I don't already have first place in, I'd appreciate that as well.

Hope it's not to late. Happy Birthday @joeyba. Made it with 15 minutes to spare. EST
  • Eeek!!!
    HaPpy BIrtHdAy @joeyba!!! ;D Welcome to BP, hope you pop in more often!!
  • @Rat -- LoL! The rest of us might like one you have first place in. Isn't that almost all of them? Maybe the rest of us have a chance in Pig Bang and Cold Cuts!
  • Uhhhh @rat good luck with that request yeah, he doesn't seem to have sympathy when requests are made, kinda the opposite really!! ROFLMAO :D
  • I know @kimmie. I need to work on those two worlds. Making it the daily challenge gives me a reason. He's fallen into my elaboRATe trap.
  • HAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAAA your a real kick in the pants @rat!!! :D
  • Lol the lists are made already:) you'd be hard pressed to get him to change lol..
    I gotta unfornutely and unwillingly turn in my flashlight:(
    Nice going tonight Pahtna:) we be heading to seasons before you know it!!
    Night @mvnla2 night Pa night @Kimmiecv
    *places flashlight on Kimmie booth* sweet dreams when you go:)
  • Off to the Cold Cut's challenge. Before I go @Kathy, where does @joey hail from?
  • See how that works @kimmie. When @Kathy says bye, she means it.
  • Good girl @Kathy!! Get some sleep because its TGIF!! Whoo Hooo are you off Monday for the hols? And yep we done really good, well I'm not there just yet but the trophy made it pretty sweet! LOL :)
    *shines Kathy's flashlight for her use tomorrow and sets out candles to see her safely to dreamland *
  • *snicker* :D
  • Hello to @ll... I'm back
  • Tienshenlong Welcome Back:) :) sorry I'm on my way to sleep:(
    Night nice to s you:)
  • Hey @tien :)

Hence the *snicker* @rat!! What was it you were saying about Kathy?!! LMAO

BFNIMCBLIDK *snort*
  • I was hoping to use it as a teaching example. HA! Did you notice how @Ma snubbed my question as well? Double burn. Ouch! BTW, you're pushing your luck with my puppies. I have them highly trained. I had to hold them back when you called. It's too early to release the hounds.
  • @kimmie--I still laugh every time I even think about that video. The surprise is priceless.
  • @Estar--We have trolls attacking the forums.
Post in the New Forum!