The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1846
  • 160343 Comments
  • I swear I'm going now @Kathy!! :D buuuusted Again!!! LOL
  • Thanks @junkenmetel I'm in love with it too!! :) Good luck with your work stuff, sounds like its a shoe in though!!! :D

Hey @Harrystar6 long time no see!!

I gotta go to bed! @Kathy will hurt me if I don't! Heeheee
    Everyone have a great day!! :)
  • Anyone in?
  • Yerp, hi @lindajh! Anyone see at least SOME consistency with the Yoda bird? (ABSW2) I think it might make walkthroughs nearly impossible if Yoda never does the same thing twice...
  • Hi @BubblesLover, hope hump day has treated you well. I can't answer for Yoda myself as I'm sidestepping ABSW.
  • Mmmm. Soo, Hump day has treated me well... I only have to take a pre-assessment for Homework, and a few other things.... ;D how was your hump day?
  • Back to back meetings, oh to be back in school...or uni, didn't care too much for college in between.
  • ABSWII is out!! Nothing in the world could make me happier! Playing as Pork Side and the Achievements even for Android, YEAH :D

@Bubbles I'm trying hard to figure out Yoda. My experience so far - he does the same thing twice if you fling him exactly the same way in the same level ... but otherwise his movements are absolutely unpredictable.
  • Well, I busted my rear and wore my fingers to nubs making my first pass through SW in 17 days so I would be done with it before the release of SW2. Now that I understand what a Telepods is, I find I have no interest in SW2.

Mini rant: Does it strike anyone else odd that a game designed primarily for mobile devices is best played with a quite a number of little figures that you would have to haul around with you in order to achieve a competitive score?

Ah well, I will just have to improve my SW scores...
  • @Annifrid no joke. I cannot understand how he works- if he times out, why you should tap him early, etc.

I also hate (HATE) Jango Fett's power. Ugh.

Edit: This is @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster. I forgot to sign out of @BL's account :/
  • And if I DID choose to play SW2, as a 57-year-old woman I would feel more than a little silly packing around my AB Star War figures!

At least with the old games I could keep my AB addiction somewhat private ;)
  • Oh crumb, I might as well get my 99 cents worth out of the game and at least 3-star the thing :/
  • Ohh :( @BPC i agree Rovio really messed up with the telepod thingie.. How do they expect hard-working honest no frills needed flingers to get ahead in life!!!
    OB I'll please have a PigKiller thank you:)
  • Hahah picture us toting around Angry birds backpack with our little figures and a telepod ( whatever the heck that is)))) Roflmao !!!!
  • Oh! I can BUY in-game characters instead of buying Telepods!

I'm still not interested :/
  • Hey @tas, @kathy and @kimmiecv long time no see as well :)
  • Hi All,

Just found out absw II is out and downloaded. LOVE it :-)
  • Hey @grammy-k it sure is an awesome game :)
  • Hi @harrystar6, I love it, even after only 10 levels. I collected enough other stuff during my life, so far the only angry birds stuff I ever bought was duct tape, but I am very tempted to get the telepods. AB is a great connection to my four grandsons. They all think gramma is the AB champion. I don't like the power-ups but the telepods kind of intrigue me. And I can 3 star the game for purity, then play TPs for a new game. Kind of like I play the facebook tournaments where I only use coins I earn to buy PUs.
  • @lindajh -- Are you sure you want to be back in school? What I remember most about finishing school and starting work was that you had a lot more time for real life (long, long, before AB).
    @Annifrid -- I've enjoyed playing ABSWII -- great game, even without telepods or other purchases.
    @BPC -- Enjoy while you can. I think all the scores entered today are without any substitutions.
  • @grammy-k that's really great I am enjoying it too, off to play some ABSW2 have a good day everyone :)
  • ABCrazy stumbles in mildly dazed & confused. Wha...? ABSW2 is out already? And has telepoddies? OB, a PK for me please. These 4:30am wakeups every day have dulled my mind.
    Telepoddies? Really? I think I remember an early teaser with the character doobers by the screen... Nope. Lost me there. Glad to see others like it tho. Maybe give it a try someday.
  • @abcrazy ! So good to run into you here :-) i have been out of touch but was so excited by the new game i had to visit. Did u get the teaching job? How are things!
  • @mvnla2, I will not be entering my low 3-star scores here at ABN. I don't see the point if I do not want to buy the additional characters for a competitive score. No, I will simply play it for 3-stars and call it good enough fun for 99 cents. I do wonder what it will cost the average player to be competitive?
  • @BPC -- Well, I think the average player is not going to buy telepods or characters, and I think right now, all the scores entered are without either. Don't know how long that will last.
  • Hi @lindajh and @ABCrazy sorry i missed ya
    @mvnla2 i agree;) I'm sure also the admins will figure out how to keep our boards clean:)
    I gotta get to bed again is late:(
    *places flashlight on @Kimmiecv booth for her handiwork* i did pretty good tonight Pahtnah:) well not bad 2 levels down:) sweet dreams when you finally get some sleep..or should i expect to snatch your flashlight on my way to work ¿;)
    Nighty night all..... .... :)
  • So just what is this telepod malarky?...if someone could briefly explain for those of us too stubborn to check it out themselves, ie. me!
    @mvnla2 school days were simple, school til 3, homework til 5, then all the time to have fun without having to worry about responsibilities of life. Well that's how I remember it 25 years on anyway...
  • @Kathy The admins will not keep our boards clean ... EVERYTHING is allowed ... that's the worst part of it all.
  • @junkenmetel, After all of those long hours putting together that proposal, you won that place in the final round! I remember days and nights like that, thinking I was sleep walking. Had a couple of long stretches when we worked 24+ hours! Back then we could've used a few sleeping bags to get a quick 40-wink nap.

Anyway, hopefully you made up for all of the lost hours of sleep. Good luck and happy flinging!
  • *poofs in shines Kathy's flashlight and sets out candles to see her safely through what's left of dreamland * @Kathy it's very likely your going to be ripping my flashlight from my hand when you head off to work!! *Snicker* :D
  • Thank you @ SweetP! It felt really good to get that thing out the door today -- and I'm really proud of the work we did on it. Thanks for your lovely note and kind words -- hope you're enjoying the new Star Wars!
  • Heellloooo everyone! Happy Thursday! Who's here?
  • Well my words were just wasted, forgot to reload the page before commenting! Hello @JunkenMetel! ;)
  • Hullooo. Long weekend ahead for me, taking mother in law to Buckingham Palace tour...see what I've been paying for ;-)
  • Yeahhh weekend for me :D And I see there are a lot of "long time no see" peeps popping in…. NICE!!!

@wanda glad you could pop in to enjoy the treats in here and looking forward to see again sometimes!

@sweetP I keep missing you when you pop by, but just wanted to say thanks for all the @mentionings, sorry I don't reply to them all. And I had to smile at the word "hump day" for em as a Dutchie this was a unfamiliar term not to long ago and I thought it meant something well less "G" rated. I think it was Slim that enlightened me on the fact it means to get over the hump of the week. My hump in the week is actually Tuesday, seeing I only work 3 days ;)

@JunkenMetel way to go girl and I will keep my fingers crossed you will land the new project. Do let us know how it all turns out!

@HarryStar6 Long time no see! Hope all is well in the future on the other side of the world! You are almost up and I am almost ready to see midnight. After so long it still boggles my mind!

And Hi to @GrammyK @lindajh and @BPC always great to see regular nesters pop in for a refreshment in the BP! And @lindajh have fun with Mom in law, I have been to London a couple of years ago, but didn't get the chance to visit the Buckingham Palace. Hubby and me are not so great in waiting in a longgggg line :D
  • @E-Star Buckingham Palace now is timed tours, so hoping no long line...not with an 82 year old in tow! Three day week and four day weekend sound bloomin' marvelous.
  • Hello my fellow Flingers!

Need to get something off my chest first..WHINEEEEEEE!!! That's for Abra-Ca-Bacon, level 1-15. I've been flinging Terence at least a jillion times now, and can't get that one-birder. Seems like there's a pesky little piggie at the bottom left always survives the devastation I invoke, giving me that blinkety-blink evil grin. UGH!

Ok, that feels a little bit better but only temporarily until I hit the jackpot and can clear that level.

Now for the fun part of the day! It's Thursday, and I can see the weekend from here!

You're quite welcome @JunkenMetel. All of that hard work deserves some huge kudos! All of that brainpower can be exhausting. ;-)

No problem @e-star. I know it's hard to keep up with everything that goes on around the Nest. Of course, now that SWII has arrived I think it'll be near chaotic! Ooops, sorry I forgot you're not used to some of the American urban phrases, and "hump day" does have its own innuendos (and I use it on my hubby) heehee! Lucky you, starting the weekend already!

@lindajh, have a great time in London with your mother in-law. I took my parents to London for their 50th wedding anniversary. When we got to Buckingham Palace, there wasn't a big crowd, so we stayed to watch the changing of the guards. We were so glad we left shortly after, because there's so much more to see!

Now off to finish all of ABS so I can get to the new Star Wars II.

Have a terrific weekend everyone, and happy flinging!
  • Quietly hoping MiL will do plenty of snoozing so I can do sneaky flinging, teehee.
  • Hello, @all
    Quiet here, OB, with all those those new levels, and everyone flinging.
    How you all doing?
    I'm still on TorT, @karen68 has me beat! What a flinger! And @kimmiecv is not far behind. But not for long I fear. If only I could get past those nemisis levels: 2-12 3-3 et al......
  • Hi @Hunnybunny, enjoy your evening. Time for some shut eye here, Zzzzzzz....
  • @lindajh enjoy Buck palace!
    I'm off to bed too
    A weekend in Lyme Regis (for those who remember the book / film "The French Lieutenant's Woman" I'll be walking down the Cobb) and then Devon with friends. See you Sunday!
  • @lindajh -- In the U.S. at least, having an 82 yr old in tow generally entitles you to special treatment, like advancing to head of line, use of special elevators, at the very least a chair to sit on while you wait.
    I remember touring Huston, TX with my 90+ year-old aunt, who was still pretty spry for her age. The younger the attendant, the less likely they were to offer help, and sometimes seemed to think I was abusing the system -- like asking to use a "handicapped only" elevator instead of having her walk up 3 flights of stairs. On-the-other hand, a >64 yr old attendant at Johnson Space Flight Center took it upon himself to make sure she got a chair while waiting, and got in the special access queue.
    Have fun! Never seen the inside of Buckingham Palace -- I think the Queen had the nerve to be in residence the few times I was there!
  • @grammyk good to see you too! Missed you lately tho I've heard you've been FB challenging with friends.

Yes, I did get the teaching job! It's a mixed bag of O.O.O. what have I gotten myself into?!? And.... Wow! That is so cool, this kid GETs it ... How do I continue to nurture that!?! My night owl days are done for a while. 0430 wakeups are kicking my swiney rear like an AB boss fight.
  • @mvnla2 I'm so glad to hear they took good care of you at the space center in Houston. At least in that one case. (Pride)
    :-)
    Houston is a seriously melting pot city. You can find anything you could possibly want to here if you know where to look.
  • @all -- I've been enjoying the very transient glow of lots of top scores in ABSW II, a result of being one of the first to post. The glow is quickly followed by the nuisance of cleaning all those "New Sheriff in Town" notices from my e-mail.
    Enjoying ABSW II without character swaps (or whatever we're calling them). Still have a few levels to clear in the pig side of Tatooine, then back to 3*. And I haven't even looked at the reward chapters.
  • Arghhh my eyes are drooping.i wanna fling fling fling..me eyes saying sleep sleep sleep:(
    Good night all sorry i didn't stop in
    Have a great night all who are flingin' and good night sweet dreams to those across the pond
    *places flashlight on Kimmie booth* nighty night pathan;:
  • Hello. Lurkers?
Post in the New Forum!