The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1873
  • 160343 Comments
  • @HappyShake -- BTW -- I hope you played Death Valley in the winter. They almost set a world record for highest measured temperature this summer.
  • Mind you I have just visited http://www.themusselburghgolfclub.com/ and they say it was built in the 1930s !!! Will investigate further - at least we know its in Scotland!
  • in Germany highest possible HC is 54. And no, theres no course in Antarctica, but I brought my own club and ball
  • Wow! 2 page changes in a single day.
  • 1930? St. Andrews is from 16th century ??? I played Death Valley in April and it was okay. Australia was a lot hotter. The highest course is in Peru, the Southern most is in Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina in Ushuaia
  • although when you're in La Paz, Bolivia they try to sell their course as the highest. But ist is only on a mere 12000 feet
  • @all -- You may not believe this, but it's actually raining today in LA! LA definition of rain -- enough water coming down so you really want an umbrella, and need to run your windshield wipers continuously. It's not raining hard enough to cause mudslides, but rain in Oct. is quite unusual. The first rain of the season makes our freeways about as treacherous as the first snow elsewhere, because the roads have a film of oil / grease and so are very slippery. Plus there is the new crop of drivers who have never driven in the rain.
    Right now at our house the temp outside is 55 F.
    They are actually talking about snow tonight and tomorrow in the local mountains (San Gabriels).
  • > a mere 12000 feet

I wouldn't want to drag my own golf bag around.
  • I'm off to bed. It's 12.20 AM here and I have to be at the office in 7 hours. Goodnight all.
  • @burpie at that altitude even walking straight makes you breath hard. In Bolivia there's plains at 5000m (15000 feet) - thats an extraordinary feeling if you go hiking there. I saw guys in mountain bikes, don't know how they managed to do it
  • http://www.musselburgholdlinks.co.uk - is the oldest! But only 9 holes the history tab tells all!
    G'night @burpie. @happyshake you seem to have covered the globe! How lucky you are!
  • im leaving, too. good nite evryone
  • @mvlna2 enjoy the rain! Snow though - different ball game! G'night now to you and @happyshake - this old girl needs her beauty sleep (hahahaha)
  • Hello every one:) ive tried to read back, but confused, I went to moon of endor very nice comments by @ wicket;) but actually missed the sketchy ones from the other time which I imagine had @BPC upset?
    SOOO Tried to find those, but failed then I got lost in the @happyshake whole thing sooooo
    OB a PigKilller please I'm off to finish up TOT once and for all @KimmieCV ;) ;) just a little cleanup Pahthah I promise;)
    Good luck all!!! And Happpy Hump Day:) :)
  • @HappyShake -- Wikipedia says that Tuctu Golf Club in Peru was abandoned in the mid 1990's and is unrecognizable as a golf course now. It's lowest point was 14335 ft. On the plus side, if you manage to hit the ball, it should go a long way.
    @Mumsie -- Just looked up golf handicaps -- Had no idea there were so many different systems in use.
    As for snow -- Should it actually snow where we live in LA (it did at least once in the last 100 yrs), there is no way I am venturing anywhere near a street. FYI, I've lived in Denver, Chicago, and Buffalo, so I do know something about driving in the snow. It's just that I think most Los Angelenos haven't a clue.
    Chains are required for driving in the mountains in CA in the snow, and they tend to slow people down. And yes, there are normally police checking cars to make sure they have chains on.
  • @Kathy, first let wish you a belated Happy Birthday!

Oh the sticky business occurred on MoE 5-29, which only a short time ago took another interesting, amazing, and thankfully happy turn.
  • Thank you for bday wishes :) and im glad to hear it had a happy ending:) @BPC :) ill check it out any hoo;)
  • WOW!!! Im really surprised at bluevertigo he/she I think she is usually very forthcoming when I ask for help very surprised @BPC I didn't read the whole thread but enough!!
  • Holy golfamoly @rat9 what have you unleashed here in the BP with @burpie and @happyshake joining the pubalicious ranks. Top 3 scores in every level of multiple episodes? Dang... I couldn't do that even when I was unemployed! @happyshake please tell me how you managed to achieve your current lifestyle. I'm interested to learn more and I'm sure my high school students would be interested too. :-)
  • @ABcrazy--I've got @HappyShake distracted by introducing him to the BP. It's the only chance the rest of us mortals have. Awesome flinger, huh? I'm having trouble getting a top four score with Happy, Burpie, and Terror taking the top three.
  • Good strategy @PA :)
    Can't believe itsb1am AGAIN!! Bad kathy:(
    *place's flashlight on @KimmieCV favorite booth* see ya tomorrow Pahthah ;)
    Im getting there slow but quicker than ya can see;) ;) bwaahaha ...... nighty night
  • Hmmm... I am used to waiting for a comment to clear moderation (I mentioned several different players) but it has never before taken three hours. Must be a party night ;) If a moderator reads this, my comment is on MoE 5-29.... yes, I was nice ;)
  • @BPC it's likely all the admins on this side of the pond are sleeping, e-star will be at work so that's most likely why it hasn't gone through yet. :)

@Kathy sleep well, yikes your getting to be as baaaad as me!! Tsk tsk young lady!!! :D
    *super shines and replaces batteries in Kathys flashlight and sets out special bday candles to see her safely to dreamland * Way to go Pahtna!!! ;)
  • @Kimmiecv--Speaking of sleep, and I'm almost scared to say this, I got five hours last night. That's a twenty plus year record for me. I hope I didn't jinx it by putting it in print.
  • That must be it. I am on the west coast and forget that many go to bed hours before I do. I posted around 7:30 PM Pacific...
  • There's already enough to read on MoE-29 @BPC. Good, bad, or indifferent. Yikes!!
  • I think a lot of 5-29 will go poof fairly soon ;)

Anyway, it is just now getting interesting at the bottom of the thread!
  • Niiiice @rat!!! I hope you don't get jinxed!! But 5 HOURS!! That's great! :D
    IKR lot of drama in that walkthrough!!

7:30 would put it at 10:30 for a few of them so yeah they could have been asleep @BPC. BL is in LA but he may not have been in the nest.
  • @BPC--Love @Cydog's score. It really put the icing on the cake.
  • @all--BFNIMCBLIDNBIDI
  • The funny thing, Cydog has been a member since 2011, but he has only posted a comment a couple of times. It took 5-29 to draw him out of the woodwork. I gotta say, it made my day :)
  • Well, I am off to bed now too. Goodnight all :)
  • @BPC Thanks for pointing that out. Bwa ha ha, that walkthrough makes for some exciting reading: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-star-wars-moon-of-endor-level-5-29-walkthrough/

Kudos, @cydog88!
  • @rat I've no idea WTH the last addition is?! NBIDI?? No clue! Hope your getting some More sleep! Wouldn't that be something!!

@tompuss how'd you find @Kathy?! LOL :D

@burpie pretty dramatic wasn't it! I LOVE the ending!! Gotta say @cydog88 whomped some butt!!! :D 51k over buttvertigo!!! ROFLMAO too perfect!! And he (?) came up with a wicked strat and dare I say it...........Shared it with the masses!!!!! :O
  • @Kimmiecv Yup, I'd nominate @cydog88 for a badge but I can't find one that applies.

I think we need a new one for an exceptional walkthrough that incorporates a much needed smackdown. We could call it the high-five-badge ;-)
  • Thhhahahahahahaa @burpie I like it!!! Yep I'd go for nominating on a badge like that!! :D Funny I was just over there looking for the same thing!! *Snicker* sadly I couldn't find one either, all the more reason to have a smack down badge titled high-fives!!
  • @Kimmiecv pic came into my mind for no reason. . . Should have posted it on her b'day - plenty of champers there!
  • LOL @tompuss and she IS the one that comes up with the drink menu! And she's blond!! :D
  • A small pigeon lands on the window sill of the BP, with a message strapped to his leg. OB reads:
    "I have the 'Crud'. I feel awful. Can't possibly come in and breathe my germs on the patrons. Don't think I can fling either. See you all soon, HunnyBunny"
  • Awww @HunnyBunny. Get well soon!
  • Aw, poor thing! I hope you get better!
  • Why a pigeon? Just wondering...
  • Because it's one of the most common birds and anything else she could have used would have tried to rip our faces off.
  • @BubblesLover
    > Why a pigeon? Just wondering...

An experiment with carrier albatrosses had to be aborted after they kept falling off of the window sills.

A second experiment with swallows also failed to met expectations because - for reasons still unknown - they would only transport coconuts.

@Hunnybunny Get well soon!
  • @burpie were these swallows African or European? ;)

@hunnybunny you must be feeling really unwell if you can't even fling! Hope you get better soon :)
Post in the New Forum!