The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1894
  • 160343 Comments
  • Oh this page change is MINE!!! Yes! Bwahahaha finally! :D
  • Hee hee @ bubbleslover ;)
  • Haha yes @Kathy How's it flinging?
  • Long time no see @bubbleslover it's flingin' how bout you? Busy with school?
  • Yes. School is busy-ing but at least there's a field trip tomorrow! Ahh I am so tired but I can't sleep!!! :( soon I'll leave unexpectedly asleep with my iPod in my hand. ;) I am just that strange! I can't even sleep right :P
  • where's the field trip @bubbleslover. ? Haha I do that a lot fall sleep with tablet on my lap
  • I keep getting logged out:( guess bubbles fell asleep:/
  • Hi Ma, How low did you go...In the challenge.
  • Today's challenge is ToT 2-5. Didn't you just finish playing that @Kathy. A puppy maybe?
  • @BubblesLover

Not long, as I usually hang out at King Pig office.. They seem to have a zombie problem right now!

http://angrybir.de/17d4JFt
  • No Pa still working on it :( when does it end Wed.?
  • I coming close though;)
  • Good evening @all!

@kathy, I left a PM for you or whomever could answer a question for me. Could you please take a look? Thanks!

@LesToreadors, @e-star, @Kathy - My hubby took me to see Gravity in IMAX 3D this afternoon. I thought it was a pretty good movie, as it had me on the edge of my seat quite a few times! A possible answer to your question about how they filmed this, I think they used the KC-135 aircraft or "vomit comet" that astronauts use for training. they can experience zero gravity for about 25 seconds. There's also a swimming pool they use for training, called the Natural Buoyancy Laboratory that simulates spacewalking. With their spacesuits on, they can spend a considerable amount of time (read: hours) in this pool. I used to work at an aerospace company, and I still have a few friends in the industry.

Hello @BubblesLover, nice to meet you here in the BP!

@Rat, hello to you too!
  • WTG @Kathy. 8am EST Wed?
  • ;)Pa OB I'll take a pigkiller please;)
    Sorry I'm in and out having a funny Sort of arguememt explain later!;)
  • Hi to you as well @SweetP. I am outta here.
    BFNIMCBLIDKBPWAAN

But Probably Will After A Nap
  • @Rat have a nice nap, SYL!
  • Hello @all!
    @lestoreadors and @sweetp How interesting! @sweetP I have some strange condition where my brain is like, a few millimeters lower than it should be. It cuts of spinal fluid, something blah blah, and I actually can't play contact sports because if I get hit in a certain way, I would be paralyzed. I ended up using some sort of brain wave mapping software at this office each thursday with the same technology used for NASA Astronauts! Went into a little too much detail there. sorry.
  • Sorry Pa:( I missed ya ... I got pretty low but not quitev enough yet..
  • Hi @theanonomoussomeone ;)
    I'm about to head of to bed that's very interesting about the brainwave technology hmmm?
    You must be very careful then, thanks for sharing that, ,,:)
  • Night night all :(
    * places flashlight on @KimmieCV booth for safekeeping ♥ note ...best wishes for mom and dad ♥ happy flinging Pahthah when you get a fling in♡
  • @SweetP @EStar @lestoreadors , here's a really good interview with the cinematographer of Gravity:

http://www.thecredits.org/2013/10/one-of-the-greatest-cinematographers-ever-gravity-cinematographer-emmanuel-lubezki/

Spoiler: they did not use a 'vomit comet'
  • @Kathy I swear every day there's a flippin New bruise to add to the others on my poor Moms face!! 2 days ago her other eye had a ring of slight bruising, yesterday it got darker, Today on her cheek and the side of her face where she hit the cement curb, a long Nasty Bruise showed up??? WTH It's getting so she's got a face of nothing but bruise!!! :/

*Shines Kathys flashlight for her use tomorrow and sets out candles to see her safely to dreamland * Have a good day at work tomorrow (if that's possible!!) :)
  • Hi @theanonymoussomeone! That was interesting about your brainwave technology used by NASA. No need to apologize, it's all good.

Sweet dreams, @kathy.

@kimmiecv, Oh dear, your poor mom! I sent you a PM regarding the bruising.
  • Ok @sweetp ill keep an eye out for the PM, thank you :)

@tas I agree with the gals, don't appologize and it's great you have that technology to use!! :)

Ok turning off Dinger!
    Everyone have a great Day/night :)
  • Good morning @hunnybunny! Have a great day.

Well, I have to get to sleep. So, I'll bid everyone a good night and have a happy flinging day!
  • Good morning @all. Good night @kimmiecv, @SweetP, and @TAS.
    Hi @hunnybunny. How goes your quest to be the best?
  • No Birddays today. First part of the week. It's going to be a slow day in the BP. Time to catch up on flinging in Cosmic Crystals.
  • Never aimed to be the best, just better than the average flinger!

Good luck with CC @Rat :-)
  • OK, Boo Boo...Good luck on your quest to be the average bunny @hunnybunny
  • @Rat are you still here? I just woke up and my iPod was still in my hands! Sorry @Kathy I just guess I was tired. The field trip... I actually forget what the name is!!! How pathetic! All I know is that it is something only 10 minutes away and we ride the (duhn duhn duuhhhn) yellow bus'.

EDIT And no electronics... Fooey!
  • *sets up Baskets of earplugs on all booths, on the bar, and a basket on the table by the door.*
    Welcome to WWWwwwHHhhhhhiiiiinnnnneeeee Tuesday !!!
    Have a Fantabulous Flingin'Day everyone ;) :)
  • @Kimmiecv Your poor Mom. . . I'm so sorry it's going on for so long. Perhaps it is age?? On hols I found a mysterious huge bruise on leg. My doc said that the skin and blood-vessels become v fragile with age, and not to worry. Considering how long it took a shiner I got back in the '70s to disappear, maybe your Mom's will take longer to heal than mine did.. .
    Bon courage to both of you ❤
  • @burpie - that was a very fun read! Spectacular technology.

Regarding the giant LED box to simulate rotating environments...

I have done a much more basic version of this before by using a digital camera to record a game on a large LCD monitor. This was about a decade ago where a PC capable of running Fraps video capture was not affordable for student users.

The result was surprisingly realistic and fluid panning, simulated deck motions (it was a sailing ship battle game), etc were fun to create.

It was also way easier than trying to create motion this way, than doing so in post processing!

Speaking of which... might be fun to create some disorienting "epig fail" videos out of Bad Piggies this way! It does solve the problem of game video captures being typically boring and sterile, due to the lack of fluid camera motion.
  • I'm glad you liked the interview @lestoreadors . I found that either on
    http://thebrowser.com or maybe on
    http://thefeature.net

These sites round up some very interesting articles.

And I'm happy to have inspired your "epig fail" videos to even greater levels of insanity... I look forward to your new stuff with Ken Burns effects ;-)
  • @Kathy , in response to your invitation to whine, I’ve never done this before but I feel a real urge… I’m getting slaughtered by Mr. ‘Oh, I’m just knocking out a few levels before I head off to Africa’ @HappyShake , and now Mr. @Rat9 is in hot pursuit.

So correct me if I’m doing this wrong. Here goes.

Can I PLEASE get a break on Space 7-5?!! By the power of Zeus’ salty bunghole, I'm sure I've earned it!
  • @burpie the more traditional method:

WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
  • Thanks for the protip, @Hunnybunny !

WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
  • I think you've got the right idea @burpie. It's Whine Tuesday.

WWWWWWHHHHHHHIIIIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
  • Rats, I don't have the lung power of you and Ms Bunny. I need to cut down on the smoking.
  • @burpie--I just looked at your score on Cosmic Crystals 7-5. You're in tenth place. What are you whining about?
  • @Rat9 , 10th place is 5k points behind your score... that's an awful lot.
  • Good morning @all! *grabs a pair of earplugs on the way in the door* Thank you @kathy!
    OB, I'd like a Sunupper please.

Love that comic strip @fbb! Yikes! I shouldn't be surprised, with the season we're in that we'd have to deal with zombie piggies next. Aaaaaahhhhh!!
    Looking forward to seeing the new toon, starring our very own OB!

AHEM! Everyone put on those earplugs..here it comes... WWWHHHHIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!! Ok, that feels better now.

Good luck @Rat in CC.

@burpie, very nice WHINE for your first try! Thanks for the link, that was certainly an enlightening interview with Emmanuel Lubezki. Imagine, this is film making history!

Well, I'm off to do some flinging.

Good luck everyone, hope your whining brings you better flinging power!

• Hi @SweetP. Good Whine. Hope it works for you as well as it's working for @burpie.
  • OK@all--I've been doing lung exercises since my earlier weak whine. Since I'm headed to the "Lowest Score Challenge" before it closes, I thought I would try a goal specific whine. Earplugs in!

WWWWWbeatHHHHHHHtheIIIIIIIIBunny'sNNNNNNNNscoreEEEEEE!!!!!! *cough* *cough*

I hope that was harder than the challenge will be. I strained my vocal chords doing it.
Post in the New Forum!