The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1893
  • 160343 Comments
  • ;) @LesToreadors enjoy your day off:)
  • And The Princess is IN the house ;) ;)
  • @Les Toreadors -- Hope they don't take leave away when you reach some maximum. That happened to me once, but I got it back because they didn't notify me. Then they changed the rule so you didn't need to be notified!
    Why not take a whole week or two, or three off? That's what vacation is for. Taking it a day or two at a time is OK, but doesn't really serve the intent of vacation.
  • @mvnla2 - Yeah most people on 'leave clearance mode' tend to just disappear but I am not a fan of throwing corporate responsibilities to other people who are not prepared to cover for me, or are already saturated to the point of combat stress as rank n file people usually are in certain parts of Asia.

Being on the receiving end of colleagues or worse, bosses who 'disappear without a trace' on the brink of a major campaign, I am loathe to follow their bad examples :)

Also I have pillows and other cute stuff like my Telepods in the office so it's not really that uncomfortable to man the pillow fort :)
  • ♥ places flashlight on @KimmieCV favorite booth♥ Nighty night Pahthah:)
    Kick some piggy butt see ya tomorrow ;)
  • FINALLY!
    And as in finally, I mean many things:
    FINALLY Our internet wifi got fixed.
    FINALLY I get to see you guys!
    FINALLY I can get ABSW2 once I FINALLY find my nook!
    and FINALLY I got The House of Hades, the newest book in one of my favorite series of books! It's written by Rick Riordan. You should read his books. I command you.
    Anyway, so how are you guys doing?
  • @theanonymoussomeone

Wow, that sounds epic. Great that you fixed everything! :D

• Oh, hello @les_toreaders. I don't think we've met before. You must have first come before our internet was repaired. Always pleasant to see another face here at the Bloated Pig.
  • Yes @theanonymoussomeone I am new and while I have been around "behind the scenes" on the pork side of things, I have not appeared in the forums since recently, for fear of being popped for 5,000 points :)

ABN is a fun place to be and being part of the community and adding a few pork side friends on the map is enjoyable.
  • @Amslimfordy, Indeed, thanks for clearing that up! I must work on my reading comprehension!

@Kathy, I'm sorry for going silent on you there - I went to bed almost directly after posting that question (it was already 1 AM local time).
  • @Kimmiecv, sorry for causing alarm!
  • @AMslimfordy thank you Very much for clearing that up!! Panic attack over!! :)

@burpie no worries, I read it after I saw your comment and took it the same way! Guess we both need to read more carefully!! :)
  • Night @Kathy Hope you have a good Monday! :)
    *shines Kathys flashlight for her use tomorrow and sets out candles to see her safely to dreamland *
  • With that I'm saying goodnight!! I'm going to try to actually turn in at a decent hour!! *Snort*
  • @AMSlimfordy, @Kathy Hey, that drink sounds great, Slim. Will have one tonight once OB has had plenty of practice.
    But let's go easy on the hashtags, tho. . . for the dire results click below:

What people sound like when they use hashtags for everything.
    http://wimp.com/hashtageverything/
  • @tompuss hahaha very good!
  • @LesToreadors That's one impressive box! But what's the filling? Poultry? Gamebirds? Cos I have a feeling it's not my favourite pepperoni in there. .
  • Hi@hunnybunny:) have you decided on your hols yet?

@TAS So glad all cool again in Technoland. And a new book too - who can ask for more?
  • @theanonymoussomeone -- Good to see you again! Hope you can find your Nook soon. Is there an app available for it that helps you find it, like there is for iPhone?
    FYI -- Les Toreadors is the founder of Pigineering, so great honor to have him / her in BP. Pigineering locations, including the real location of Piggie Island (aka Pig Island) have been added to the map with large green pins.
    @Les Toreadors -- Meet theanonymoussomeone, a declared piggie fan, with a green dot on the map.
  • @hunnybunny -- Was it you who was thinking about going to Prague? Couldn't find your post about holiday plans.
    Anyone else who is interested:
    Prague is a beautiful and interesting city! Was there maybe 5 years ago. Prague was still in the restoration process then, but should have made a lot of progress by now. We stayed in a really neat hotel near the castle, but it seems to no longer be a hotel. Stay in an old restored building near the castle if you can. We went to a Dvorak opera in the opera house there, where it was first performed, and really enjoyed it.
    Someone (maybe @JLZ666 ?) mentioned that they got the impression I thought Vienna not worth visiting. Not so at all! If I lived in Europe, just a few hours away, rather than a day and a half, I would find out when all the great masses were being performed in churches, and go there to hear them all! Would also reserve the Spanish Riding School enough in advance so I could see it (even if I had to drag hubby kicking and screaming). I've wanted to go there since I was 10 or 12. There are a couple of castles we didn't see and at least one good art museum. Be sure to visit the Art Quarter.
    On the other hand, I've had all the schnitzel and boiled beef I care for. Very good, and worth trying once, but once is enough.
  • @hunnybunny Oops, your name didn't come up in blue just now - my bad! Yes, @mvnla is quite right, Vienna is great! And so are the outlying villages.

@mvnla Hoping to see some holiday pics soon! So sorry you didn't get to see the horses, it's wonderful to see them performing to Mozart.
  • @all Quiet evening here. . .
    'night, everyone
  • Thanks for the advice @mvnla nothing booked as yet @tompuss
    Still debating (read 'arguing' but not seriously)
  • Night @TomPuss ;)
    @theanonomoussomeone happy to hear your up and running. You lost your nook?
    That pizza is pretty big @LesToreadors ;)
    OB a large PigKilller please, I'm off to fling:)
  • @kathy any luck with the low score challenge?
  • Not really @HunnyBunny haven't had time to really attempt it just got home from work:)
  • @kathy Rat is serious now, I'm going to lose :-( Again :-(
  • Go check out my news post! I'm really excited about it!
  • Like on the main page. It's an avatar collection.
  • Just a quick pop in from me tonight. @tas great to have you back! Scary going for so long without internet connection... how long did you live offline in total? I think my longest in the last 5 years has been 3 days hahahaha.
    @TomPuss the movie was certainly amazing in effects and sounds, but the storyline wasn't all that elaborate. So all in all, we did enjoy the 3D and IMAX, the sounds (or as @Les Toreadors already explained beautifully before, the lack of sounds in space) was really amazing as well.

Everybody enjoy your monday!
  • Oh ya @e-star forgot to ask how you like it worth seeing?
  • Amazing ABSM!! Nice work.... just left a comment and coming back here I see the favorite I picked is the one you are wearing, he is adorable, but I am not sure that's what a teen wants to here at your age hahahaha, anyway great job!
  • @E-star can you link us up. .
  • on the fence on that one @Kathy tickets and popcorn and drinks for the two of us cost 42,50 euro (58 USD), so ermmm yeah not sure, if I had know the story wasn't really to my expectations, I might have stayed at home and rented a movie for 5 euros (7 USD)
  • Sound expensive!! That's why I haven't been to a Movie in years;)
  • Thanks e-star :)
  • @absm yellow bird for me, he's top!
  • Cool work @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster and write up from BirdLeader ;)
    Very well done:)
  • K OB another Pigkiller please I'm really going flinging now;)
    BBFNMCBLIDKBPW :)
  • @TomPuss - it's the packaging for the new Major Lazer Bad Piggies Halloween soundtracks! There is a secret message from King Pig Office inside too! Can get the limited edition vinyl record from Angry Birds Store. It's the most epic Bad Piggies collectible right now.

@E-star haha yes the storyline is really simple for Gravity but I enjoyed the utter obviousness of it. Smart viewers can predict what's going on as there are subtle hints for armchair (or real?) astronauts to notice.

It's perfect for space fans as anyone who read the ISS astronauts' manuals, played the NASA derived simulator, etc, would find everything rather intuitive (possible to identify ISS interior location with a glance, because the clutter is very distinctive for each module, etc). Actual astronauts gave good reviews of the film even despite the director not intending for it to be realistic story and scientifics wise.

They should make it into a video game with all the technical detail and the Soyuz TMA & Shenzhou systems modeled realistically. It would be nice to be engage today's youth on space exploration again. Gravity is not the run of the mill action movie, because it actually is very, very good technical wise.

I brought a Muslim family and my mom to watch it and gave them a copy of my ISS simulator to figure out. Not hard at all to get a young Muslim lady to start talking about microgravity and Soyuzes and all lol. And my mom wanted to see Chinese astronauts!

So all in all for my purpose and entertaining foreign guests and having to respect cultural sensitivities, the predictability of this movie made it absolutely the top movie for the year for me. I can't have Haram (Muslim prohibited) content all of a sudden during a movie screening, for instance.

@mvnla2

That vacation would be a dream. Well there are castle **replicas** here in Malaysia with horse riding schools, Renaissance era events, etc but for the sheer price of admittance into such a high end resort I might as well go tour Europe for real.

I am a huge fan of Eastern European music and Prague as you put it would be perfect. Especially the old unrestored buildings and the Dvorak opera :)
  • Cool Bird collection @ABS(*). The yellow bird fits me best.
  • @Les Toreadors ermmm yeah I think I got most of your explanation, but forgive the Dutchie for not comprehending all of the words. But the thing I did love was the insight in the austronates live, I really had the feeling it was so detailed and seemingly accurate. So thanks for telling about the actual astronauts reviews. You lost me at the Haram though, sorry.... I do love other cultures and I know about Haram, but what would be considered Haram in this movie? Or am I just lost in Space and misinterpreted the last part of the comment? Do you know how the shot the movie? Did they use a zero gravity set or something? Cause the muscle movements and the for instance tears were so amazingly done! So yeah like I mentioned, on the fence, it was amazing from an experience point of view indeed, but story wise I would have loved a little bit more depth.
  • @EStar I had to look up Haram. Shame on me for my lack of knowledge. I think Les Toreadors is saying that there was NO Haram content in the film. Could make more comments (all in favour of Les Toreadors' conviction of his / his guests religious beliefs) but religion is not a topic that is discussed in the BP.

Anyway, goodnight all. I really have to finish my book tonight, rather than falling asleep clutching it!
  • @hunnybunny - Yes thanks for replying on my behalf, much appreciated :)

Yeah the other 'big' movie on offer was Rush but I skipped that because I don't need a (very tasteless) romantic scene in a 'study' film. I know that movie and it holds great premise for a classic Formula One tribute and as an enthusiast I don't want or need random adult content thrown in lol. The trailer itself killed the prospect of us watching Rush as that's not what I want or need to see in a movie trailer about a 'simulation' of classic racing. It's the automotive technology we were interested in.

This is where advertising companies should learn - many consumers or enthusiasts for a certain topic are not there to experience explicit content. They are there cos they like space and/or cars lol!

No intention of bringing religion into the topic @Estar. :)

I haven't found out anything on how they shot it. People who have had the honor of being in space did review that the station interior movements were especially realistic. It seemed 'real' enough that I actually don't want to know how they made everything, it would spoil the suspense for me lol!

Many of the shots would definitely be impossible to do without some very impressive technical feats. And I read that Sandra Bullock would spend extremely long hours in the suit and rig for shots. And her hard work pays off dramatically on screen.
  • Ahhh thanks for explaining it @hunnybunny and @Les Toreador... Thought you meant in Gravity, but I understand completely now, and the slight brush with religion is okay ;)
    Turning in for the night as well, enjoy your evening!
  • Hello @Les Toreadors! I don't think we've met... Fooey I missed you @Estar. I just have that luck. @Les Toreadors how long have you been here at the Bloated Pig?
Post in the New Forum!