The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1908
  • 160343 Comments
  • Ohhh @Kathy you enjoy what's left of tonight! Stay hidden!!! LOL ;) Sleep well I'm sure ill miss your bed time but ill be back! ((((Hugs))))
  • Thanks @KimmieCV I'll be here a bit ;) don't work too hard((((( hug))))
  • @kimmiecv -- Gaah! I hope no kids died? Not sure how you're supposed to protect your kids against that. A few years ago they advised parents to take Halloween candy to the hospital to be X-rayed, to check for needles. But poison? How do you check for that? (OK, I know it's possible, but takes a LOT of time, and may not be that much candy left.)
  • Alright @kimmiecv. I'll see you in the FF's room.
  • @mvnla2 thankfully (?) it was an adult that got sick so far and is in hospital, the sicko put in some kind of acidic something in or on the candy. :( I remember my Mom and Dad going through literally every piece of candy we brought home before we were able to eat any way back in the day and that was for like you say things added into the candy but poison, that I can only assume you'd look at the pkgs to see if they were messed with? Very sad to think someone could try to hurt innocent kids!! Very heartbreaking but I hear about this stuff ever year. And how do you Find the sicko!! Yeesh
  • See ya there @sweetp :)
  • @SweetP -- Got an e-mail notice with a lot more info. ???
    Yes, you couldn't get anywhere near the airport. I think they closed Century Blvd from Aviation west, Sepulveda from Manchester to Imperial, Lincoln from Manchester to Sepulveda. Not sure what else.
    I really feel sorry for anyone trying to fly into or out of LAX today. Don't know when they resumed normal flights, or if they have. People who were in the airport were on lockdown for most of the day. People on flights that were allowed to land were kept on the planes for who knows how many hours, and it was fairly warm today.
  • OMG @kimmiecv! What the heck is UP with sickos poisoning candy!?! That is just so wrong, targeting innocent children. At the very least, it's a blessing that adult has a better chance of recovering than a little child would. Hope they catch whomever is responsible. That's attempted murder! Hmm, I remember that razor blade scare, but this was back when I was a little kid, and someone found a razor blade stuck inside an apple! We were told not to accept anything that wasn't wrapped candy back then.

@mvnla2, what? More email? Dunno what you're saying.
    Goodness! That's a HUGE area they shutdown! One of my first jobs when I moved to Redondo Beach was on Century Blvd, next to the Sheraton. I would've been stuck for hours after work, not being able to go anywhere. UGH!
  • Wow, I just saw a post on my FB page that Mythbusters' Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara were in the same terminal where the shooting took place at LAX. They were in separate places when the shooting happened, and were Tweeting during the incident. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/01/mythbusters-lax-shooting/
  • Hahahaahahahahahaahahaa your all putting funnies all over the place!! :D

@sweetp IKR it's very sad when not even little kids are safe! :/
    Sleep well!! :)

@Kathy your funny reminds me of the time we talked about smooshing someone's head for being a jerk!! ;D Sleep well too!!!
    *shines Kathys flashlight for her use tomorrow and sets out candles to see her safely to dreamland *
  • Quiet day:/
  • Hello there! *hears voice echoing back* Hmm... Pretty quiet in here.
    Oh dang, I missed @kathy by 2 hours!

OB, I'd like a Pigkiller to go, please. I'm going to do some flinging and will be back later.

• Hi guys! Had a great Halloween! Got lots of candy, it should last a month or two! Yep, still trick or treating. But anyway, we just went to visit my cousin Brandon at Youth Villages. It took 3 hours to get there due to a traffic jam. But we had a good time, and I learned how to throw a football. ANYWAY, WE'RE (didn't mean to push caps lock) going back home with my grandparents who came down here from Arkansas to see Brandon also. No traffic jams so far. So how are you guys?
  • Hi guys! Had a great Halloween! Got lots of candy, it should last a month or two! Yep, still trick or treating. But anyway, we just went to visit my cousin Brandon at Youth Villages. It took 3 hours to get there due to a traffic jam. But we had a good time, and I learned how to throw a football. ANYWAY, WE'RE (didn't mean to push caps lock) going back home with my grandparents who came down here from Arkansas to see Brandon also. No traffic jams so far. So how are you guys?
  • Sorry, double post.
  • Im here @sweetp just ran to the store:) well drove didn't run lol

@theanonymoussomeone Great you had an awesome Halloween :)
    Don't eat to much candy at once lol a trip to the dentist in your future
    What did you dress up as? Let me guess. .hnmmm bomb bird?
    Maybe youcould edit one of those comments leave a dot...
    Stupid error box..
  • Ohh forgot the football lesson Cool!!
    I tried to put a football emoticon but it came up soccer ? Hmmm
    Anyway nice football is fun; )
  • @SweetP Quiet indeed, I think people are still recovering! I loved the foto of your cat, what a sweetie! Nearly 20 years - that's a good innings, wow. . We miss our cats too, I don't think we'll have another one, I'm too worried about road traffic, which has increased enormously. Added to which, a very unwelcome apartment block is to be built, close to the far end of our garden.. . too risky for cats.
    Hi @Kathy! If OB's around, could I get some Ovaltine please? Tx!
    @EStar Like the Rio banner! Enjoying your long weekend? I got new free app for collage - trying to make a birthday card for a friend. Trial and error.... but I think I'll get there in the end! I must do something with my emoticons too. .
    @rat 10-4
    Love to all, have a megaflinging Sunday!
  • Hey @Sweetp where did you find the football pic?
    I replied in pm lol there's 2.hee hee then my wi-fi went out so can't use tablet. . I'm back to the phone; )
  • Hey @Tompuss :)
    OB an Ovaltine please; )
    Tompuss you don't have to wait for me hee hee OB is at your service 24-7 He loves his job and enjoy the company of all patrons; )
    I have a huge error box yelling at me:(
  • Kathy - thought you'd sorted the error box issue when you got the tablet? Is a spooky Halloween error box?
    Glad all LA nesters were nowhere near the airport
    Kimmie you're right - how sick can someone be to do that to the candy - I mean if you hate trick or treating just don't open the door!!
    TomPuss - Ovaltine ! Too malty for me hot chocolate myself - OB a hot chocolate please
    Sweetp - like the new avatar
    Hi @tas - sounds like a good weekend with grandparents to spoil you tomorrow!
  • Nooo @Mumsie the error box still follows me:(
    I can't believe no one else has trouble with it:(
  • Ohh yes @SweetP I love your new avatar also forgot to mention ty Mumsie for reminder; )
    What kind of bird is that?
  • Just a quick pop in as we are having a movie night again, just chillin ;)
    Hope all are doing well, been busy so haven't read all the comments to the T, sorry if I missed any, did see @TomPuss liking the Rio Banner, thanks, it is a rerun I made this summer, but stay tuned, I think @birdleader forgot he already has a new one on file ;)
  • @e-star (((((( hugs))))) my goodness your up late hee hee enjoy your movie
    I'm just gonna go nutters lol ;) ;)
    Losing myself in the flinging; )
  • Speaking of flingjng OB could i please have an extra extra Strong Strong Pigkiller please:)
  • [[[huggggs]]]] It's "only" 1AM Kathy, we turned the clock back last week, so hee hee, not even near bed time just yet LOL

I have been stuck in Year of the Dragon so long, I think I am going to take it and move on to the next... almost been at it for a month... only 18 levels?! Who knew right? So sick of the rinse and repeats, wish they would release a new episode already!

Anyone see @rat lately?? haven't seen him ever since halloween.... spoooooky!!
  • Oh yeah !! Thanks e-star we turn our clocks back tonight ;)
    I haven't seen Pa s as mater of fact i was gonna send him pm.thanks again lol you Are my memory tonight hee hee I was wondering where i left it:)
  • Did anyone else get a ABO update today. ? I did it says 15 new levels special
    I update and see nothing new? I check with Slim he doesn't know either
    I do wish they'd have a seasons update like a world 4 :(:but doesn't seen likely huh?
  • enjoy the extra hour... I want one every weekend LOL
  • Nope I think we will get an advent and that is it for Seasons this year... a couple of levels from episodes of last year and ACB... guess they are too busy with all the other games :/
  • Lol me too
    Stinks for bf though he well be at work. .so extra hour of working:(
  • blechhhh that indeed is a stinker, does he gets paid the extra hour?
  • That's sad E* Rovio I think to involved in the facebook levels and SW guess they go where the $$ :(
  • I don't think he get paid extra. He is going to ask when he get there:/
  • I know right, Rovio smelled the money in the new games :/
    Sorry to do a popper, but hubby is ready for the next tv show, so back to the candles, snacks and couch for me... huggggs Kathy, talk soon!
  • nighty night @E* enjoy movie:)
  • @Kathy -- Your bf has got to get paid for the extra hour, unless he got paid for an hour he didn't work when we started DLS.
  • Thanks @mvnla2 ;) he wasn't working there when DLS started so in that case they should pay him? He's going to ask manager when he gets there, either that or he leaves an hour early in the morning;)
  • I'm assuming he is paid by the hour, rather than a salary per year? If hourly, he has to be paid. If on salary (i.e., a professional / managerial position), maybe not.
  • Yep @mvnla2 he is hourly ;) ty I will text him now and let him know;)
  • Hey @Kathy :) Erm nope I meant your funny! When he jumps back out of bed it reminds me of a certain time when we were discussing holding a particular person down while I stomped on his head!!! ;D
  • Ohhh. Hahaha @KimmieCV now I remember:)
  • Ahhhhh memories!! LOL :D
Post in the New Forum!