The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1919
  • 160343 Comments
  • Hello!! I'm being a popper too but wanted to say hmmmmm can't say happy Veterans Day it doesn't sound right.....dunno but we are watching a program observing it and wanted to say Thank You to all our Veterans!! :)
  • Ooh I just saw I missed you e-star!! Well enjoy your tv series and maybe catch you on the next pop in!! ;)
    BFNIMCBLIDKBPW Tonight!!!!
  • You're welcome and thank you @Kathy, @Estar, and @kimmiecv.
  • Oohh @E-star did you read that book. The Dome? I started it then started watching the show,
    I actually stopped watching because it's soo different than the book and i want to read the book first; ) Have a great evening :) Enjoy:)
  • Ermm ya @KimmieCV I wasn't sure of i should say that either? , it doesn't sound right but idk I guess just just plain Thanks?
    Hey Pa :) how are you?
  • eeehh...
  • My dinger is definitely not working!! Only if I get a mention. Before I got every notification hmmm..
  • @Kathy I can't sign in or post because I'll lose my Diamond rank like @kimmie lost her Master Slinger. I liked Master Slinger better than Gold Slinger. Sorry Kimmie.
  • Ohhh Pa!! You silly goose you don't get points for posting in forum..
    And if you stayed signed in. just ask slim to reduce your rank im sure he will
    Probably have to delete some of your posts on walkthrough Pages maybe im not sure, once be deleted my comments so it took points away and i got downranked..
  • Kimmie I know right, I thought the same thing, but because it is kinda new to me, I kinda assumed this was the saying... going to edit in thanks... sounds more fitting indeed!

@rat ermmm same here I love my star icon of Master Slinger! And yup.... you are not the first currazy one loving the star... been treasuring it for a while now. And I guess I will just come out and say it... 3 months ago when I was at that same doorstep I asked BL to do the ludicrous thing he had ever heard... I asked him to reduce my points so I could keep it for ermmmm well like the next star hahahahaha the top rank, lol so yeah I will be at Master Slinger for a couple of years I presume. And he did grant me my wish ;)
  • Kathy I didn't read the book no, I didn't even knew there was one whoopssss, but I am such a slow reader (mind just races I guess, doesn't keep up with the reading of the letters, donno really) I don't think I would have been able to not watch the show. I do like the show and watched the whole season, but I also like "Lost" the first season. With the second it got too dragged out and I am afraid this new hit will have the same destiny. Guess I will have to find out when they start airing the next season.
  • Kathy didn't see your post before mine, but hahahaha yup it can be done and one loon already did >>>> ME :)
  • Yay(I think) hahaha my dinger is working just got 8 dings within5 minute now I'm running around the nest!!
    Haha ..
    E_star the book is way different anyway, kinda the same but not as dragged out and the man character is a good guy never killed a soul..:( that's why I stopped watching.
  • @Kathy That indeed sounds like a good enough reason to stop watching the show! Now I wonder if I should pick up that book and read it as a book has an ending, or they usually have. Are you still reading it or did you finish it?
  • I haven't finished it yet E* I put down thinking I should watch the series, but then that didn't out and I read anything until I just started dr.Sleep..it imo the book much better than the series from the few chapters I read:)
  • That's the other reason the book Will end lol..
  • Just before midnight here on this side of the pond - had another busy day with a gdaughter - just want to reiterate on this Rememberance Day thanks for all veterans of WWI and WWII across the world - we remember you and those who fell - I thought I'd share a poem -
    Taking a Stand
    I ask you to stand with me
    For both the injured and the lost
    I ask you to keep count with me
    Of all the wars and what they cost
    I ask you to be silent with me
    Quietly grateful for our lot
    As I expect you're as thankful as me
    For the health and life we've got
    I ask that you wish them well with me
    All those still risking their all
    And I ask that you remember with me
    The names of those that fall
    I expect that you are proud like me
    Of this great nation of ours too
    So enjoying all its freedoms like me
    Support those upholding them for you
    I hope that you are hopeful like me
    That we'll soon bring an end to wars
    So you'll have to stand no more with me
    And mourning families no different from yours
    'Til then be thankful you can stand with me
    Thinking of those who now cannot
    For standing here today with me
    At least we show they're not forgot

John Bailey 2011
  • most of the time the books are way better, but as I mentioned before I am kinda a series junkie, love watching back to back tv series. Books on the other hand need my full attention, something I have trouble maintaining LOL... While watching telly I am flinging, watching my email, fetching tea, clearing out the laundry, ironing ermmm in other words, I have a hard time sitting still, and watching telly is an easy thing to multitask... a book is a one thing task ;)
  • @Mumsie .... WOW! thanks for sharing this poem! it is beautiful!
  • *breathing heavily chasing E*around the nest. .* wooh
    Just saw your post in 2-8 ) lol glad the pics working for you now. .and again ty for video that's what i used instead of the high arc.
    Lol I hear ya on the reading. I used to love it i still do. . But can't watch telly, fling and do other stuff which sometimes is good but i gotta get back into it. .
  • My tablet cannot run as fast as my phone cause is on wifi
  • @Mumsie Wow !! That's a beautiful poem..
  • @kathy I thought you might get dizzy trying to follow me around the nest hee hee, but I need to get a move on things as I set out for midnight to turn in and ermmmm sssst don't tell anyone, but almost 1AM. So I am sorry I have to go, need to get me bum into bed ;)

Enjoy the rest of your evening Kathy [[[[[hugggggs]]]]]
    And @Mumsie sweet dreams as I imagine you will be turning in soon!
  • ((((((Hugs)))) back at ya E* Sweet dreams :)
  • Ob I'll have have a Pigkiller please.
    *plops downan in booth to fling*
  • Hey guys! My dad got the PC version of ABSW2 last night. Something I'm jealous of is that on PC you get slingshot coins for every star you get. 10 for one star on a level, 20 for 2 stars, and 60 once you have 3 stars. It's so much easier to get the coins. But I guess it kind of does make up for not being able to use telepods.
  • Hey @theanonymousomeone that's cool. Sounds fun:)
  • @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster -- Great animation, and great honor!
    @E-Star -- That's the best tribute for Veterans' / Remembrance day I've ever seen.
  • Does your Dad play? Hee hee I didn't know that?
  • @theanonymoussomeone -- If your dad plays ABSW2, why isn't he a member of ABN, or is he?
  • Gaah! Staying above average in all levels is a never-ending quest! I don't have the time or patience to be in the top 50 in every episode, and I'm not even sure that would keep you above average unless you were at least in the top 100 in every level.
    Are we getting some new episode / levels this week?
  • *places well used flashlight on @KimmieCV booth*
    Sorry Pahtnah it's dented in a couple places for good reason :)
    I bonked a couple Stupid Pigheads with it:/ have a good night and happy flinging.. may the Goddess of The' L' factor be with you:)
    ((((( hugs))))
  • Ahhhh @mvnla2 pull yourself together. .there there have a glass of wine Ob quickly we have a breakdown here. ..
  • Hee hee @mvnla2 it will be ok sorry i cant stay. .I'm beat..
  • @Estar--I don't really have a problem with Fling King...kinda suits me. But for you, and me eventually, I want to hang on to Master Slinger for a long time. I like the insinuation of "Master" and I love the icon. That is, until I have amassed enough points to jump directly to Sling God. he he
  • @all--I'm thinking of updating some electronics in the near future. High end TV and home computer type stuff. Is there anything to this touch screen nonsense? Can you really set a shot up and play it over and over while changing the power and activation timing? If so, what equipment capabilities would I need? Sounds interesting, if not expensive. I'm not buying because of Angry Birds, but I'd hate to miss an opportunity to improve my capability. Just curious.
  • @Estar I'm not sure I like the conations of being a pet. But there are more than enough Heyyou's in the BP to satisfy any pet needs during my absences.
  • Good morning all!

Is anyone else here into chess? The world championship is going on - game 3 today. And of course, there's an app for that.
    FIDE website for the tournament: http://chennai2013.fide.com/
    iOS app to follow the games live etc.: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fide-world-chess-championship/id730856137?mt=8
    Android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pereira.wcc2013

@Estar & @Rat9, I can't blame you for wanting to hold on to the Master Slinger ranking. I also think it has the best looking icon of the bunch.

Rat, regarding touchscreens, I think I posted this in a PM, but for the benefit of everybody... with levels that require just one shot you can repeat the launch position (angle and strength) 100% with a regular PC. No touch screen rquired.

Move the cursor to the place you want to launch from
    Press the mouse button to grab & release bird
    Press R key to reset the level

After a reset either move the cursor to try a new launch position, or simply click the mouse button again to reuse the previous one. With a trackball/ trackpad instead of a regular mouse, pushing the mouse button can’t inadvertently budge the cursor in the process of launching.

But even with the exact same shot, the score will still vary every time. E.g. with ABSp 1-13 the structure looks solid (no wobbling at all) but reusing the same launch position can either hit or miss the structure entirely when you’re only trying to clip the edge. And when you do clip the edge, the collapse is different every time.

Side note, if you play AB on several devices, it's possible to keep all your scores in the same lua file. Slight hassle but it's nice to have everything together.
  • Hey guys! I'm back.
  • Good morning @burpie en joy the chess game. Not my sort of thing to watch as that game always stayed a mistery to me.

@rat no offence to the heyyous, but nothing compares to the real deal. Even if the Master Rodent isn't much of a talker, his kids have even less words to spare to all of us.

I am 'Enjoying' the public transportation (sighhh one more week of detours or so they say) almost at work. Ta ta all!
  • Hi and sorry... Bye @tas :)
  • Hi @theanonymoussomeone

Fancy a game of chess? ;-)
  • @burpie Sounds like you've been enjoying some of the advantages of PC flinging. So it does help, huh?
  • @Rat9, I purchased my Android version just after the Danger Zone lv. 4 glitch had been fixed, so I got the original 1.0 PC version to complete that level. Occasionally I still use the PC version (never upgraded it, so it still has has just the first two episodes and Danger Zone) and it is nice to rinse & repeat 1-bird levels.
    ---
    Added: Apart from DZ4, I only managed to improve my scores on 1-13 and 1-30 with the PC version.
  • @burpie, Hadn't thought it through. It guess it would only be useful on one birders. Still, they're are quite a few one birders that it could be helpful on. Those hard to find sweet spots.
  • @burpie, DZ 1-30 is a two birder. How did it help?
Post in the New Forum!