The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3173
  • 160343 Comments
  • Let's be honest there are worse earworms.

https://youtu.be/co6WMzDOh1o?si=41FH7RLx6hTEA4PC
  • Yes, I think that Challenge was out of sequence. Something to do with Halloween.
  • Wonder what the MIL is up to tonight?Imagine it involves avoiding trampolines.
  • Hey @hunnybunny are you out in a freaky costume scaring the neighbourhood kids tonight? Oh wait that's any Friday night for you isn't it?
  • Nope, “always keep away from children” has always been my motto
    Clock watching for Bruce Springsteen in Cardiff tickets to go on sale, only two and a half days to go!
  • Amusing myself reading how useless Johnson was during Covid. Never thought I would end up sympathising with Cummins. Funny how the BBC was broadcasting it live in the public interest and a lot of the language in the WhatsApp messages were pure filth. Warning messages every few minutes. Poor Beeb.
  • Challenge page gone to Rio. Something spooked it.
  • I think you'll find his name is Cummings @desperatedan.
  • My son heard his name mentioned and said "Block my ears." Good job he didn't hear the live broadcast you refer to.
  • Oh to be eleven! Took him to the science museum in Dundee recently and it's really good, lot of interactive stuff for kids to explore and what does he regard as the highlight? There was a display about the digestive system and a photograph of an anus appeared to surpass everything else.
  • You're not very maternal @hunnybunny are you? Whenever you mention kids the word hate appears in the sentence. Are you in the W. C. Fields camp? Fried or boiled?
  • Watching a show on Netflix at the mo called Lupin. It's French and the plot has more holes than a large gruyere and is just as cheesy but it's bonkers escapist fun. Think we all need a bit of that just now? (Escapism not necessarily cheese).
  • Could've played November Rain by Guns n Roses but at 9 mins long that's too much for a wet Tuesday.
  • See the challenge page is still on holiday, is someone trying to thwart @hallieginsb's hattrick?
  • Hi @SweetP hope you are well, just a heads up on challenge page and a few others in the nest. Gone on vacation to Rio error message. Also have been trying to send message for a few hours and getting error box. Regards Ian
  • Message now sent ok
  • Excellent @SweetP a few minutes and sorted. 5*
  • Thank you for the heads up @ixan57. I will contact @birdleader and ask him to see what's going on.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

cc: @admins, @birdleader
  • Hi! Thanks for the heads up. This should be fixed now. I'm investigating the cause.
  • Impossible continues to churn out gross stupidity. Today the man who given the choice of whether Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was either (a) a Western or (b) not a Western said that despite the fact that he had seen it and that it had a gun fight at the end, it couldn't possibly be a Western because it had singing in it.
    Oh well, if you don't want the £10000...

Keeps me entertained anyway.
  • Blimey, Halloween last night was like a street party. Not kidding, there were about 100 young kids, pretty much all with their parents, roaming our streets last night. Everyone was having a really good time. @hunnybunny would have loved it.

Not.
  • I’d rather November Rain
    Not maternal at all
    No kids, neither of us wanted them
    Petrol heads who have travelled half the world!
  • I do wonder about bringing somebody into the world now whose life expectancy will take them well into the 22nd century.
    It's a pretty scary thought.
    But maybe no more so than having a child in 1960.
  • Ah, Dan, I’m really good at make up, could have scared them half out of their wits, and the brave ones could’ve been done in my expensive Chanel lipstick as red rears, and blue lipstick! I don’t actually own a blue lipstick, but I know a cheat…
  • Or, in my mother’s case, have a child in 1960, and another one sixteen months later, without knowing her husband would die, with two and six in his pocket, within four years.
    But well done Mum, you did us proud
  • Does your sister have children @hunnybunny?
  • As for humanity's future there's a line in this song that sums it up.
    https://youtu.be/pgIR3GU_5sw?si=NH6l7qDnY_cfTjRt
  • @BrianN yes just the one
    Spooky, on storms names, we missed the worst of today’s; and as you will know they are named alphabetically: E is Elin, my lovely niece (in Oxford University, but doing a one year swap at La Sorbonne in Paris, lucky girl) and F is Fergus, her cat
    Couldn’t make that up!
  • You need to click a couple of times!
  • Didn't even need Schroeder on piano, ironically.
  • They have released some Bruce Springsteen tickets, as an hotel package
    £477 each (!) to stay in an average hotel
    We are ten minutes away from the stadium by train
    Thank you, very much, Ticketmaster, for taking the piss…
  • Pay Me My Money Down
  • I’m bloody livid
    Bruce S tickets open at 10am
    At exactly 10am I’m pressing the button for Ticketmaster “Partner of PayPal” or some rubbish
    6336 people in the queue, twenty minutes I’m in!
    You can’t actually pick your seats, but mine looked good; not standing, in the third seated row behind the mad / fit who can actually stand and dance for three thrilling hours of Bruce!
    I tried PayPal, twice, it’s so easy!
    Not with the preferred partner of f****g Ticketmaster
    So had to enter my credit card details, not just the name, the card number and the three digit code, but my address, my phone number
    Got timed out…

This is a f*****g rant

The only tickets left when in I got back in were the stupid hotel packages or some vertigo inducing seats were you had to watch on the big screen

Still distraught
  • Victoria Meldrew strikes again
  • Another great wheeze by FIFA to award the 34 world cup to Saudi Arabia. Even if Australia had remained in the bidding process it was always going to Saudi. Infantino is constantly seen schmoozing with the Saudi royals. Nothing has changed since the last FBI investigation same lack of transparency and levels of corruption. Does anyone think Infantino looks like the baddie from Thunderbirds?
  • I would just love it if somewhere out there there was a weather girl called Gail Tempest.
  • Sorry @hunnybunny should've said the last post but one was a rant but not an effing one.
  • Cut off Blatter's head and it's replaced by another.Hail Hydra!
  • I'd be mad as well, @hunnybunny, but not for Bruce. How much have you saved?
  • Talking of f*****g rants, just realised quite how extreme the language was in the BBC live feed of the Covid enquiry. But, all in the public interest, apparently.
  • Interesting use of the word stilettos. Must admit big bad Dom has a turn of phrase but I get the impression he was grandstanding even as he wrote those messages. Can't wait to hear what Boris has to say about him especially after their acrimonious split.
  • Do you think old Brucie can still remember his lyrics @hunnybunny? He's getting on a bit now you know... "Because the... er... not day... er... dusk... no wait... where's my beef tea? Where am I?"
  • One more moronic Impossible answer and I will shut up.

"Which of these beans is used to make baked beans?"

(a) kidney beans (b) haricot beans (c) mytave beans

You know where this going.

Words fail me.
  • 29 out of 30 levels of Birdday 5 are top 20. One missing. But it is a level that Rovio made harder many years ago. There's always one that I get scuppered by. Not sure if I can go back to find the easier level. Bah humbug.
  • Every time you think the cricket can't get worse...it gets worse. Half of them don't even seem to care.
  • Haricot, it got worse, I’m over it
    In no particular order
  • On COVID I’m dumbstruck
    Why the **** are they doing the “who said that” “I blame him” “he’s a twat”

Surely they should be looking at countries with the lowest death rates, what they did, or did not do.
    Why the PPE was so lacking and inadequate in hospitals and care homes?
    And why didn’t people who worked in supermarkets, exposed every day to people obviously with covid, didn’t curl up and die in hundreds of thousands?

I always voted, can’t be bothered to get off my arse now. They are a load of ******
  • I think the only thing that wasn't a complete omnishambles was the vaccination programme which, although not perfect, proved that if you have capable people in charge, good things can get done.
Post in the New Forum!