The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3172
  • 160343 Comments
  • Don't use Google so only other thing i can think of is Bachmann Turner overdrive for BTO
  • Wright group wrong DJ.
  • When Johnathan Ross did his radio show, which artist did he insist on playing every show?

BTO no idea, poss Johnny Walker?

And you ain’t seen nothing yet. ..
    One of my top songs
  • Ian looks pretty in his crown
  • Just turned the page, big clue: Steve Wright
  • How odd. I just listened yesterday to a Johnny Walker BBC Sounds 70s prog and it started and finished with BTO.

Got there in the end @brianN. Only because you were ahead. But it's a soft top score I think, and if everyone was using Classics (or Red's Mighty Feathers as the good doc will have it) then I'm sure we could be looking at something much closer to 110k. First pup for months and a 1-2 for the BP so break out the Sanatogen.
  • Do any DJs retire respectably? Or are they all just culled, disgraced or die?
  • Well done @desperatedan, got it in 10 mins then moved on. I only get puppies on Classic these days, unlike you I have no problem with you beating my score.

https://youtu.be/27Wzz-2X_v4?si=dQ1ClNJe7486Yi5E
  • Never listened to Wossy's radio show @hunnybunny so no idea on that one. Do know he used to have The Attractions as a house band on one of his old Channel 4 shows, was it EC?
  • I think all DJ's go to Radio Norfolk to die-or Classics FM.
  • Wossy's radio show must have been the one where he and Russell Brand abused innocent victims.
    So that goes down as a cull/disgrace double whammy.
  • Doc has moved on from Red's Mighty Feathers to Red's Original Feathers. If he keeps changing one word at a time I suppose he will eventually get to Red's First Flight.
  • Weather report: scorcio... wazzing down... you decide

Any idea why Asher and Stevie P don't play Classic @desperatedan? Sure I noticed Doc record a video from Classic but he doesn't seem to put scores down.
  • Can't bring myself to watch it. Worst defence ever.
  • After a brutal world cup well done to World Rugby for making England and Argentina play off in a meaningless match for third place. Oh and also for expanding the tournament to 24 teams next time around leading to even more meaningless matches.

And while we're at it hats of to FIFA for expanding the next world cup from 32 to 48 teams. Unbelievably greedy b'stards.

And while we're at it congratulations to UEFA for expanding next years champions league. When confronted with the massive carbon footprint caused by the extra fixtures UEFA's response?
    "Maybe supporters of the away team shouldn't travel to games".
    You can't make it up. One day football will eat itself.
  • The cricket WC is an interminable borefest. Sure, rugby teams need a bit of recuperation between matches, hence the protraction, but these wussy cricketers don't need so much rest. They moan about long seasons, tours etc but they seem to be sitting up with their feet up most of the time. They could have almost finished the round robin stage by now. In the old days the County Championship was 32x3 day matches and most weeks they played Sat to Tues, Wed to Fri with Sunday off. Nobody died. Nowadays they have too much time on their hand so that, Bairstow for example, goes off playing golf and breaks a leg. They are professionals and are big boys that don't need so much mollycoddling. Rant not yet over!
  • Every player in the team over 30. Didn't really work did it?
  • The doc wants his scores to remain pure @brianN. A sort of Ayran approach to Angry Birds. I probably can't say that.
  • Don’t mention CWC, certainly didn’t work
    Wossy answer: Bowie
  • Ah Dan, I remember when purity of essence was your driving force.

Speaking of driving force I saw a news snippet suggesting that when police speed 'tolerances' are taken into account it's unlikely you'd be prosecuted for driving at 27 mph in a 20 mph zone. Go Dan! Go Bunny!
  • And while we're at it(Yes another World Rugby rant), well done WR for sweeping Mbonambi racist abuse of a white player under the carpet. I'm sure if Tom Curry had called Mbonambi a black c they would've used the same brush? No thought not.
  • Final comment on CWC: bet Jason Roy is having a great time.
  • Want a weather report? Rearrange the words down and wazzing.
  • Wow @hunnybunny, I bet all those bad boys were queuing up to get arrested!
  • Everyone seems to be doing about 24-25 as far as I can see. Until you get the wazzack who always drives under the speed limit, so is going along at 17-18. Strangely enough, I have only seen one defaced sign which was on a narrow dangerous road where 20mph would be quite an achievement in the first place.
  • @BrianN. For some reason I've been seeing you all v
    Over the nest?
  • @tompuss second best picture of me, ever
    The other was a professional one, can’t find it!
    @Kathy good to see you
  • After 80 mins of huff and puff 1 try and SA win by a point. I'm giving referee Wayne Barnes man of the match, he played a blinder.
  • Stop calling me Brain.
  • It's definitely a misnomer @hinnybinny.

Wot r u on about @kathy?
  • Some good tunes getting airplay at the moment via adverts good to hear this one again. As you know I'm a sucker for jangly guitars.
  • Well, if you want jangly guitars, it doesn't get any more jangly than this.
    https://youtu.be/TZ5rc1yS6FE?si=BC2kvQPzYZOoS4fw
    Just jangletastic, pop pickers.
  • Funniest line in a book I’ve read for ages
    A ginger tom cat got dumped in a bin, rescued and “walked away, unperturbed, other than a fine coating of noodles” I giggled all night, last night
    I do read strange books, obvs
  • I once opened a bin and a squirrel flew out at me. Don't think it was covered in noodles.

Great song @desperatedan scoring very highly on the janglometer. Suppose while we're on the subject we should play something by Mr Bojangles himself Jonny Marr.
    https://youtu.be/cJRP3LRcUFg?si=lk1hCsGgFhNDuBaC
  • Brain (!) you were right, we are absolute shite
  • We do need to know the name of the book @hunnybunny. Can't see that line cropping up in the book I am reading at the moment, Quantum - Einstein, Bohr and the great debate about the nature of reality. But you never know, still 150 pages to go.
  • Is that pronounced Bore @desperatedan?
  • Feeling sleepy all of a sudden...

TWDOAWTIASE
  • Someone else’s shoes by Jojo Miles
    It’s a bit predictable but a page turner

I’m betting not one of you has watched the original, or the new one, of Survivor
    I watched the last episode of the first ever one, only because Charlotte “The Harlot” won £1M
    I worked with her, absolutely stunning (if a little tarty on occasions - too short skirts, too high heels) and her husband, Mark, who is now the Assistant Chief Constable in Gwent
  • You'd win that bet @hunnybunny.
  • I think it would be quicker if you worked through the people you don't know @hunnybunny.
    Saw about 30s of it tonight. But am too busy still churning through Ashes to Ashes. 35 episodes down (including Life on Mars). Just had the "deep-fried todger" episode.
  • Good Night Birdies ❣️
  • Good night @kathy think I'll have an early night as it's a rare dry day tomorrow. Will I still remember how to clean windows?
  • Don't know if you ever watched Game of Thrones @desperatedan but there's a scene in it redolent of the battered 'sausage' scene.
  • We saw you @ixan57, on "Red's Original Feathers"!
  • A real struggle with the Mine 'n' Dine Challenge @brianN. Just the one really good score. Having said that, I was really close to about 173k on one spectacular attempt.

Hats off to Afghanistan. 3 wins and they have still got Netherlands to come. They will finish above England, in all likelihood.
  • @DesperateDan I am trying to unlock all the games that i have lost progress in rio, space, seasons, abo and red's. So far the progress has been slow, only a couple of of of episodes on each game. If the challenge comes up on a episode I've opened i will play till i reach the levels challenge. Not had any pups yet as when a pup parade comes along it is a level that is locked.
  • Yes @desperatedan didn't realise it was ABO till late in the day, had a couple of near misses169k and 172k almost mine(ahem) just one pig standing so I knew it was there. Alas not last night.
Post in the New Forum!